Sally Kern is about to screw you over

Max Wilder
atheist
Max Wilder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sally Kern is about to screw you over

Frightening news from Oklahoma, Sally Kern may get some legislation passed that would give students a free ticket to express religious views in any schoolwork, overriding evidence based learning.

Here is one Professor's take on the matter.

More details are available through his links.

-----
I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously.
- Douglas Adams, Salmon of Doubt

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bible Belt,you never cease

Bible Belt,you never cease to amaze. I like the examples in the comments.

What if I were to claim that is my belief that 1+1=2, or the angle of a right angle is 47degrees? If I believe Poland is the capital of Germany and South America doesn't exist?

IMO this would just be used by lazy students,more than relgious ones.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
One small step for

One small step for Christians, one... giant leap... for all Satanist kind

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Pricks

Students have used their own religious background forever.  It is the schools that have no business pushing this subject on anyone.  This has always been a thorn in my ass with the public schools here.  There will come a time when this tiny town will ask me to leave.

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Quote:a ghastly piece of

Quote:

a ghastly piece of legislation that would require teachers to pass any old crap a student turned in, as long as the student said it was his religious belief

Dam it, i should live in USA, there i would probably get right to kill people, because thats is my religious right