What makes the christian god so irritable?

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who's the guy in sitting in

Who's the guy in sitting in the big chair?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mr. Clean obviously...the

Mr. Clean obviously...the bald head gave him away.

Period
User is offlineOffline
It's Mel Gibson from Man

It's Mel Gibson from Man Without a Face.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Who's the guy in

EXC wrote:

Sapient. 

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL is this supposed to be a

LOL is this supposed to be a Chick tract parody?

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ahh.  Jack T. Chick; he

Ahh.  Jack T. Chick; he of the giant, enthroned man in a robe and a head blazing with light.  I say without any irony that he is one of my favorite Americans, much in the same way that film critic Michael J. Nelson says that Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze is one the greatest American films.  I could not be an earnest atheist without Jack Chick's example.  He taught me that if you want to change people's minds, you have to be willing to offend them.  My current avatar is from Jack's latest tract, actually.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd be irritable, too, if

I'd be irritable, too, if all I got to do all day is sit around in a big chair and think of reasons to oppress people. Apparently finding your own meaning in life is offensive to God...what's next?

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote:Apparently

Tilberian wrote:
Apparently finding your own meaning in life is offensive to God...what's next?

I meant it to suggest that pestering god to give your life meaning pisses it off.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What makes God so irritable?

What makes God so irritable? Same thing that makes Allah and Yahwey irritable, we humans are not playing a good enough game of "king of the hill". Daddy wants his world dominance and we are not giving it to him fast enough.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What makes God

Brian37 wrote:

He got herpes from the "virgin" Mary.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What makes God so

Quote:

He keeps having to kill kittens.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Quote:What makes

Loc wrote:

Quote:

He keeps having to kill kittens.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc

Loc killing kittens is okay if you do it the right way; grilled softly over brickets to the right degree of tender juiciness and splashed with garlic salt. Two scoops of mashed potato and a side of fries;   red wine at room temprature;   and heaven just entered my taste buds.              mmmmmmmmmmmm                  mmmmmmmmmmm god,,,,,,,,,,,,, er good.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Hemerrhoids from receiving

Hemerrhoids from receiving too much anal sex.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote:Brian37

illeatyourdog wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

He got herpes from the "virgin" Mary.

God made the herpes virus in his own image.

Well actually since the church decieded the doctrine of the Trinity is true, then he became a MotherFucker.

MattShizzle wrote:
<p>Hemerrhoids from receiving too much anal sex.</p>

God must have started out as an alter boy and worked his way up.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline

Erectile dysfunction!

that would go a long way to explain why he is always over compensating in the bible and being a general prick. He can't get it up so he has to take every one else down.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
A god angered?Anger is a

A god angered?

Anger is a response to enable animals to deal with threats.

An all powerful entity cannot be threatened.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Who's the guy in

EXC wrote:

Oh no... it must me Destro, but it looks like he's found a way to grow to gigantic proportions. Looks like we need some Real American Heroes!

Yo Joe!

Fuck you, Cobra!

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's what gets me about

Here's what gets me about this scenario.

If Mr. Clean decided to torture theists for all eternity for believing in superstition, I think most atheist would tell him this is wrong and he should give them another chance. I don't think we'd praise him and tell him what a great guy he is.

But if the theists are right and us atheist are going to be tortured for all eternity, Theists would say "we got what we deserved" and go on praising Gawd for ever and ever. Amen.

And we're the one's without morality or concern for our fellow man? Explain this one Theists.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Here's what gets

EXC wrote:

Here's what gets me about this scenario.

If Mr. Clean decided to torture theists for all eternity for believing in superstition, I think most atheist would tell him this is wrong and he should give them another chance. I don't think we'd praise him and tell him what a great guy he is.

But as we atheists have no objective basis for morality and justice, Mr. Clean doesn't have to regard our arbitrary opinions about right and wrong.

BTW, christians don't seem to understand their own argument against atheism. If atheists don't believe in moral absolutes, then we don't believe in the "opposite absolutes," either, that allegedly require us to obey atheistic dictators and kill innnocent people.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
AdvancedAtheist wrote:But

AdvancedAtheist wrote:

But as we atheists have no objective basis for morality and justice,

Sure we have a basis for morality and justice, mutually beneficial relationships with fellow human beings to ensure our mutual survival and enjoyment of life. We have(or at least should have) a relationship whereby we would have others treat us as we wish to be treated, this social contract is to the benefit of all.

People would naturally gravitate toward following this golden rule without religion. Because if humans do follow it, we can accomplish great things. When we don't follow it, we destroy ourselves with war and poverty.

But see in Christianity, you really don't follow the golden rule anymore. You only fake doing so sometimes to avoid Hell and get Heaven. The only real morality of Christianity is 'Might makes Right'. So if Gawd sends atheists to Hell, Christians have no problem with it. God says eternal torture is OK and he's got the power, so Christians have no problem not following the golden rule in this case.

AdvancedAtheist wrote:

Mr. Clean doesn't have to regard our arbitrary opinions about right and wrong.

But if Mr. Clean thinks I'm going to love someone that tortures people, he's wrong. So, if Mr. Clean demands that I praise him as the Christian God does, he better not be into torture. It's like a sign my X-boss had in his office:

"The beatings will continue until moral improves".

Threatening people with torture can not make them love you as the Christian God demands.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
AdvancedAtheist wrote:But

AdvancedAtheist wrote:

But as we atheists have no objective basis for morality and justice,

Christians don't have a basis for morality either.  They have a guess on a gamble that won't ever be cashed.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:A god

aiia wrote:

A god angered?

Anger is a response to enable animals to deal with threats.

An all powerful entity cannot be threatened.

I think it was pretty clear that he was threatened by Adam's awesome package.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
And yes, I got the message you intended...

AdvancedAtheist wrote:

But as we atheists have no objective basis for morality and justice, Mr. Clean doesn't have to regard our arbitrary opinions about right and wrong.

Objective standards...

Our economy, our use of paper money depends in it's entirity on our shared willingness to impart value to pieces of paper. Beyond that, most of our wealth lies in bits and bytes of binary code, in other words, we have mutually agreed to an artificial system defining what 'money' is.

In the same way, our species has derived an understanding, a codification of the subjective, instinctive need to keep the tribe safe and homogenous, a morality, a code of conduct.

Certainly, it's subjective. Like most of the nil-fun truths of existence, there is no objective all inclusive standard to go by. We're winging it here...

It doesn't make it less real.

Just because a C-note has no more intrinsic value than a coupon for 25 cents off a jar of pickles, I'll still stoop to pick up the Benjamin.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
GOD is irritable because he

GOD is irritable because he is none other than.......SIMON COWELL(if that's how you spell it. The American Idol guy). Just try to imagine the dumb shit in the bible said WITHOUT the snarky british accent.....

Absolutely dreadful.....i'm afraid it's the lake of fire for you....

"We are the star things harvesting the star energy"
-Carl Sagan

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher

Louis_Cypher wrote:

AdvancedAtheist wrote:

Objective standards...

Our economy, our use of paper money depends in it's entirity on our shared willingness to impart value to pieces of paper. Beyond that, most of our wealth lies in bits and bytes of binary code, in other words, we have mutually agreed to an artificial system defining what 'money' is.

We can socially construct moral standards, but they don't occupy the same level of reality as mathematical theorems or the principles of physics, which people can independently discover through their own inquiries even in different cultures. If you wind up in a society which has an ethical construction different from the one you've grown accustomed to, invoking your own tribe's standard won't get you very far. For example, most countries don't acknowledge a "right" to a trial by an impartial jury if you violate one of the local laws.