There will be blood

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
There will be blood

So i was watching some movies over the weekend, and "There will be blood" happened to find its way into the stack.

I thought it was going to be some old western revenge shooter, but it turned out to be a movie based solely on irony.

I must say i was rather dissappointed with the movie until the last 10minutes, where everything fell together, and had me laughing... big time... at the sheer irony of the movie.

Heavy atheist vs theist over tones through out the movie, i found it comical... in my sick fashion

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiii

Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinaaaaaage!  Eli, you boy!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Just keep your straw away

Just keep your straw away from my damn milkshake!

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eli Sunday: Daniel, I'm

Eli Sunday: Daniel, I'm asking if you'd like to have business with the Church of the Third Revelation in developing this lease on young Bandy's thousand acre tract. I'm offering you to drill on one of the great undeveloped fields of Little Boston!
Plainview: I'd be happy to work with you.
Eli Sunday: You would? Yes, yes, of course. Wonderful.
Plainview: But there is one condition for this work.
Eli Sunday: Alright.
Plainview: I'd like you to tell me that you are a false prophet... I'd like you to tell me that you are, and have been, a false prophet... and that God is a superstition.
Eli Sunday: ...but that's a lie... it's a lie, I cannot say it.
[long pause]
Eli Sunday: When can we begin to drill?
Plainview: Right away.
Eli Sunday: How long will it take to bring in the well?
Plainview: Should be very quick.
Eli Sunday: I would like a one hundred thousand dollar signing bonus plus the five that is owed with interest.
Plainview: That's only fair.
Eli Sunday: I am a false prophet and God is a superstition. If that's what you believe, then I will say it.
Plainview: Say it like you mean it.
Eli Sunday: Daniel...
Plainview: Say it like it's your sermon.
Eli Sunday: This is foolish.
[long pause]
Eli Sunday: I am a false prophet! God is a superstition! I am a false prophet! God is a superstition! I am a false prophet! God is a superstition!
[pause]
Eli Sunday: Is that fine?
Plainview: Those areas have been drilled.
Eli Sunday: What?
Plainview: Those areas have been drilled.
Eli Sunday: ...no they haven't...
Plainview: It's called drainage. I own everything around it... so I get everything underneath it.
Eli Sunday: But there are no derricks there. This is the Bandy tract. Do you understand?
Plainview: Do you? I drink your water, Eli. I drink it up. Everyday. I drink the blood of lamb from Bandy's tract.

Plainview: Drainage! Drainage, Eli! Drained dry, you boy! If you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

Classic movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
there... now that the

there... now that the endings spoiled, no one needs to watch it ^_^

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah the last 10 minutes tie

Yeah the last 10 minutes tie everything together..."I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!"

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Anyone can go on IMDB and see that

Besides, thats not ALL that happens at the end of the movie.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
dead_again wrote:Plainview:

dead_again wrote:

Plainview: Drainage! Drainage, Eli! Drained dry, you boy! If you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

Classic movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

this is incomplete.  It is missing the part in the middle where he says "See *points index finger into the air* thats the straw there it is"

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
dead_again wrote:The Doomed

dead_again wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Anyone can go on IMDB and see that

Besides, thats not ALL that happens at the end of the movie.

Yeah he left out the part what Chingakook gets knifed by Magua on the mountain  . . . . ohh . .  wrong Daniel-day Lewis picture . . .

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stay alive no matter what

Stay alive no matter what occurs....I will find you!

lol...Magua died

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:Stay

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

Stay alive no matter what occurs....I will find you!

That sooooo was not in the novel which was hell of alot more fucking awesome than the movie . . .

Quote:
lol...Magua died

In the novel, Magua wanted to wed the the brown-haired broad instead of simply weanting to kill them as he does in the film.  As much as I like Michael Mann, he totally fucked up an awesome story and villain by not reading the freakin book before directing the film.