Gays in Soap Operas

jackal
jackal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gays in Soap Operas

The American Family Association, a right wing group wish wishes to push its morality onto everyone else, is rallying its members against the makers of As the World Turns for portraying gays in their soap opera. I think we too should let Proctor and Gamble know how we feel about their portrayal of gays.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
"Family" is the wrong word

"Family" is the wrong word for the AFA. So's "American" really. - should be the Asshattish Fucktard Association. Anyone who cares what they think should get sewage poured on their head.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Jackal--

--I've already sent them an e-mail.  Thanks for the alert.  But the link you provided is to the American Family Association, not to Proctor & Gamble.  (But this minor problem is easily solved.  Just Google ""Proctor & Gamble" contact" and you'll find the right place.)

The only thing that ticks me off more than busybodies who can't stand for gays and lesbians being portrayed in the arts as human beings is the fact that I had to send my e-mail anonymously, so that the owner of the computer I use doesn't find out.  I hate the closet.

Conor

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Faith does not fear reason."--Pope Pius XII

"But it should!"--Me

WolfgangSenff
WolfgangSenff's picture
User is offlineOffline
She did that on purpose, I

She did that on purpose, I think. Well, she says she did, and she's right next to me. Smiling You can simply click on the Send Your Letter Now link, or whatever it says.

"Jesus -- the other white Moses" - Me.

jackal
jackal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:--I've

Conor Wilson wrote:

--I've already sent them an e-mail.  Thanks for the alert.  But the link you provided is to the American Family Association, not to Proctor & Gamble.  (But this minor problem is easily solved.  Just Google ""Proctor & Gamble" contact" and you'll find the right place.)

This link takes you to the page where you can use AFA's mechanism to send P&G a letter (an act that I found deliciously subversive). It will also put you on an AFA mailing list, but I don't mind. They'll keep me informed of their other asinine activities, and I'll be able to respond accordingly.

Conor Wilson wrote:

The only thing that ticks me off more than busybodies who can't stand for gays and lesbians being portrayed in the arts as human beings is the fact that I had to send my e-mail anonymously, so that the owner of the computer I use doesn't find out.  I hate the closet.

Dang, Conor. I hope things get better for you soon.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seriously, how can people

Seriously, how can people get away with being so blatantly homophobic in this day and age?

*uses feedback form and changes standard letter to the following*

"Dear Mr. Lafley,

I am very concerned that Procter & Gamble may cave to the homophobic activists known as the AFA in their promoting of hate speech.  I would suggest that P&G continue making the best products possible as they have been."

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Jackal wrote: "Dang, Conor.

Jackal wrote: "Dang, Conor. I hope things get better for you soon."

Thanks, Jackal.  So do I.  And I hope that a lot of people try your deliciously subversive tactic.  The AFA deserves it.

On a happier note...I saw the pictures of your kittens.  They are so cute!  Do me a favor, and pet them a lot for me.

Conor

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Faith does not fear reason."--Pope Pius XII

"But it should!"--Me

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
This reminds me of that

This reminds me of that friend I used to have. He was all worked up because he heard there had to be a gay character in every new program. Apparently that was too much for his loving xtian heart.

If they really wanted to do something about it, they would get their stuff together and get xtian characters on shows.The response? They're too persecuted and hollywood does everything it can to make christian characters look bad.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
AFA- subversive

jackal wrote:

The American Family Association, a right wing group wish wishes to push its morality onto everyone else, is rallying its members against the makers of As the World Turns for portraying gays in their soap opera. I think we too should let Proctor and Gamble know how we feel about their portrayal of gays.

Jackal I just sent a pro gay e-mail like you suggested through the AFA website,  then I sent two more under different names, I felt so good doing the right thing.  Every concerned Rational Responder should do the same thing, e-mail right throught the xtians website,  It'll make you feel wonderful.

I also noticed their web link to youtube accuses Oprah Winfry of starting her own religion, it seems to be anti Jesus and anti fundimentalist.  Now I am not a big fan of Oprah but if she can piss off holier-then-thou fundies  shes ok in my book.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I sent one too.Even though

I sent one too.Even though I'm not American,but this kind of hate shouldn't be tolerated anywhere.