Want to see Christianity fuck up sexuality firsthand?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Want to see Christianity fuck up sexuality firsthand?

During my most recent bout of insomnia, I busted out the Netflix and found the series, "Sexual Healing."  I'm a little surprised that I'd never seen it before, but it's not a bad show at all.  Each episode follows two or three couples for a week of daily relationship and sex therapy.  Unlike so much reality claptrap, this is emotionally mature stuff about real people having very real problems.

If you don't have netflix, or something similar, here's a link to the episode that made me quit watching -- not because it was a bad show, but because I was so mad for the couples whose relationships and sex lives had been completely fucked by Christian beliefs.  (It's episode 4, by the way.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SE7VGE

Briefly, there are two Christian couples.  One had a great dating life, and the woman was adventurous, sensual, and had great fun in bed.  Then, they decided not to have sex until marriage -- a year and a half hiatus.  The poor girl says at one point that she just had to "turn off" her desire for sex and all the pleasure she got from it.  Well, it worked.  They're married, and she doesn't want to have sex.  The guy is, to be blunt, one of the worst kinds of Christian sons of bitches.  He's a control freak who thinks that if he just smiles constantly and tells you about Jesus, everything will be perfect in his little world.

Second is a couple where the guy was the girls' first.  They've stayed together for years because she felt so guilty about losing her virginity that she never considered leaving him for someone she actually liked.

If there's any way you can spend the fifty minutes or so watching this episode, I highly recommend it.  It's one thing to talk about the damage that Christianity does to people, but it's entirely another when you get to see them break down with a therapist and completely lose their shit.

[EDIT: Forgot to mention, that link will charge you $1.99 for the episode.  I don't know if it's available for free anywhere else, but I certainly don't want to piss off Showtime by posting it  here if it is.]

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, of course those awful,

Well, of course those awful, sex-crazed bitches are falling apart, Hamby.

They're fucking sinners. If only they'd truly accept Jesus as their personal savior, if only they'd put those dark thoughts out of their heads, if only they'd let the man of the house be their guiding hands, if only they'd let a proper Exorcist tear-out the demons that have surely slithered inside of them by now...

Figured it was better you hear that from me first, before the Xtians start marching-in with sincerity at their side. Sticking out tongue

You know what? Tomorrow I'm going to straighten my spine, step outside at night and be a fucking hero.

Those kind of control-freak losers are all over the place in my city (theist and not), worming their way around young women and trapping the more subservient or otherwise vulnerable ones they can find. It disgusts me.

So, I'll do something about it.

I'm getting fucking decked-out, going dancing, and giving said young ladies another option to take.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah , worshipers of

Yeah , worshipers of multiple screaming orgasims , girl lovers unite !  Wear it on a t-shirt, preach the good word , set the girls free .....    

Pick up line, "I'm interested" !    Honesty is the best policy .....

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good topic. I'm pretty sure

Good topic. I'm pretty sure christianity left me with some serious hang ups about the opposite sex,which are only starting to heal now. My sex education consisted of being given James Dobson books to read by myelf, combined with a christian education that missed no chance to remind you of the danger of pre-martial sex. I still don't like girls with skirts that show their knees-school seemed to think that was a pretty serious sin. Plus opposite sex was supposed to stay 6 inches away from each other,so there's quite some potential for some messed up graduates there.

When I was a xtian I had a really warped view of sex for my age. I wondered if I should even kiss a girl if she wasn't my wife.Luckily I've mellowed since then. Last night I held a girl's hand for the first time-and we aren't even offically together.Once I would have considered that a grave sin, but I realise now it's not a big deal,that is, it won't destroy my ability to ever form relationships again because I stepped outside the boundaries.

Makes me think of my brother,who is a commited fundamentalist,25,and has never had a girlfriend.That's what christianty does.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah loc, love the girls

Yeah loc, love the girls .... you stud  .... you god 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I still don't like

Quote:
I still don't like girls with skirts that show their knees-school seemed to think that was a pretty serious sin.

I consider it a moral virtue for girls to wear short skirts.

Quote:
My sex education consisted of being given James Dobson books to read by myelf, combined with a christian education that missed no chance to remind you of the danger of pre-martial sex.

That's so common.  The funny thing is that it was probably my warped upbringing that made me interested in what science says about human sexuality and morals.  In a way, I have James Dobson to thank for inspiring me to learn exactly how full of shit he is.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sexless

In case the episodes haven't convinced you how fucked up your sex life will be with Christianity. Here's a book review about a virgin who's only boyfriend is Jesus:

http://www.alternet.org/sex/84297/

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:My

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
My sex education consisted of being given James Dobson books to read by myelf, combined with a christian education that missed no chance to remind you of the danger of pre-martial sex.

That's so common.  The funny thing is that it was probably my warped upbringing that made me interested in what science says about human sexuality and morals.  In a way, I have James Dobson to thank for inspiring me to learn exactly how full of shit he is.

One passage will stick with me forever.(not exact wording but close):

"The man and woman lie down and he inserts the penis.They move around until a tingling feeling is experienced which can be quite pleasurabel for both people'

That's sex folks.I just remember thinking,' Eh that doesn't sound so great.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.