Theta healing

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Theta healing

Just found out about this. Sounds like Scientology BS, but apparently it's not.

Any skeptics out there that know about this? I've so far only heard positives--like crazy good positives.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThetaHealing

ThetaHealing

Vianna Stibal

In the search for help and resolve from physical or emotional pain, the quest can seem long, tedious and never ending. But whether you've been looking for help and answers for years, or whether today is the first time you've been faced with a certain challenge, the end is within your reach. You may wonder, how is this possible? The answer is simple and concise- God makes it possible! Through a simple, yet breathtaking, technique called ThetaHealing , you and your loved ones can experience instant healing.

ThetaHealing can be most easily described as an attainable miracle for your life. In ThetaHealing , we put to use our natural intuition, relying upon God's unconditional love to do the actual “work”. By changing your brain wave cycle to include the “theta” state, you can actually watch God create, instantaneous physical and emotional healing.

Because ThetaHealing is taught and based upon God's unconditional love, you will feel at ease as you learn and experience this for yourself. Upon learning this technique, you will see that everyone has intuitive abilities that can be used to bring about spontaneous physical and emotional healing. You will help yourself, as well as your friends and family, using this phenomenal process!

Rest assured that this technique is for everyone! ThetaHealing has already helped thousands of people in countries around the world, regardless of age, gender, sex, religion or race. When you learn this simple process, you will see the importance of spreading this knowledge. Think of yourself as a tool in the hands of God, and you will be instrumental in changing lives!

Many of us are faced with challenges in our lives. Some of us are challenged with emotional struggles, some of us are faced with daily reminders of our physical ailments, and some of us deal with the uncertainty of both emotional and physical issues. Regardless of how great or small these challenges may be it's safe to say that our quality of life can be not only better, but that it should be more pleasurable as well! Using the connection that we all have to God, a way has been provided for us to alleviate and remove these afflictions from our lives. The way to improve your life is through a unique and unsurpassed technique called ThetaHealing .

Well boys and girls it looks and smells like someone jumping onto the "GOD" bandwagon. I mean really, are we missing some get rich quick opportunity? Anyone with website creating ability and a basic knowledge that 'god sells' (just like sex sells, funny huh?) can cash in on peoples anguish, discomfort and sadness.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
*headdesk* Because, you

*headdesk*

Because, you know, we needed yet another pseudoscience sucking money out of the gullible.

*wonders how Luminon is going to defend this one*

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
100 th post

"But what I objected to was disorderly competition between religious cults, their priests and missioners going from house to house in search of converts and modelling their persuasive vocabulary on that of the auctioneer or the brothal-pimp or the vagabond Greek astrologer.   The discovery that religion is a marketable commodity like oil, figs or slaves was first made at Rome in late Republican times,  and steps had been taken to check such marketing, but without great success."

--Robert Graves--  Claudius  the  God,   1934

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hmmmmmmm, none of my

Hmmmmmmm, none of my searching found the crap you found Renee. Good work! Smiling

My intrawebers search only came up with all these real live people that were definitely healed beyond a shadow of a doubt (broken limbs, etc).

I just wonder to myself "how the hell were these peeps totally healed like this if it's BS"?

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus was supposed to have

Jesus was supposed to have healed some amazing stuff too.....do you think nobody's mind might be vulnerable to some more recently invented bs, too? I've spent a good amount of time researching scientology, and they do make some extremely wonderful claims. I was hooked for a short time, until they started trying to sell me all sorts of crap. I don't mean sell as in pass off as truth, I mean they wanted to take my money in exchange for a bunch 'o' garbage. I can't find the link now, but I remember clicking one of their anti-drug links. at the site, it gave sample pages of pamphlets they sold with information on different drugs. they all ended the same, after 3 pages they would be cut off and the rest was replaced by

"FOR JUST $10, YOU CAN KEEP A KID OFF DRUGS!"

now if that aint bs, what is

"We are the star things harvesting the star energy"
-Carl Sagan

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

ThetaHealing

Vianna Stibal

In the search for help and resolve from physical or emotional pain, the quest can seem long, tedious and never ending. But whether you've been looking for help and answers for years, or whether today is the first time you've been faced with a certain challenge, the end is within your reach. You may wonder, how is this possible? The answer is simple and concise- God makes it possible! Through a simple, yet breathtaking, technique called ThetaHealing , you and your loved ones can experience instant healing.

ThetaHealing can be most easily described as an attainable miracle for your life. In ThetaHealing , we put to use our natural intuition, relying upon God's unconditional love to do the actual “work”. By changing your brain wave cycle to include the “theta” state, you can actually watch God create, instantaneous physical and emotional healing.

Because ThetaHealing is taught and based upon God's unconditional love, you will feel at ease as you learn and experience this for yourself. Upon learning this technique, you will see that everyone has intuitive abilities that can be used to bring about spontaneous physical and emotional healing. You will help yourself, as well as your friends and family, using this phenomenal process!

Rest assured that this technique is for everyone! ThetaHealing has already helped thousands of people in countries around the world, regardless of age, gender, sex, religion or race. When you learn this simple process, you will see the importance of spreading this knowledge. Think of yourself as a tool in the hands of God, and you will be instrumental in changing lives!

Many of us are faced with challenges in our lives. Some of us are challenged with emotional struggles, some of us are faced with daily reminders of our physical ailments, and some of us deal with the uncertainty of both emotional and physical issues. Regardless of how great or small these challenges may be it's safe to say that our quality of life can be not only better, but that it should be more pleasurable as well! Using the connection that we all have to God, a way has been provided for us to alleviate and remove these afflictions from our lives. The way to improve your life is through a unique and unsurpassed technique called ThetaHealing .

Well boys and girls it looks and smells like someone jumping onto the "GOD" bandwagon. I mean really, are we missing some get rich quick opportunity? Anyone with website creating ability and a basic knowledge that 'god sells' (just like sex sells, funny huh?) can cash in on peoples anguish, discomfort and sadness.

Tom Cruise is so totally going to sue the living fuck out of whoever coined this term.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thing is, this isn't

Thing is, this isn't Scientology (from what I can tell). Just sounds like hypnotherapy--ya know, alpha, beta, theta brain waves?

That's what I'm gathering. If so, then call it what it is dammit!!!! Too bad people are throwing "the god stuff" in the mix, but as stated above, someone's just gotta cash in...

EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evidently "Theta Healing" is

Evidently "Theta Healing" is a form of self-hypnotism, at least that's what my search has turned up.

Here are some links I found:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/secondopinion/txt/s1401483.htm

Trisha Howell(healingtechnique.com) wrote:

Theta gets its name from the Theta brainwave, which vibrates at four to seven cycles per second. This is the state you’re normally in at night when you’re first dreaming and also when you’re in deep hypnosis or having a profound experience of oneness with nature. It is a state in which you can have easy access to the contents of your subconscious mind and are also more fully connected to the basic life energy of the universe.

ThetaHealing™ is based on the discovery that you can go into the Theta brainwave while remaining awake and then you can (with the help of the creative energy of the universe) see what is going on inside your body as well as produce profound changes in your subconscious beliefs, in the health of your body, in what you know and how you feel, and in what you manifest in your life.

ThetaHealing™ acknowledges that our beliefs generate our reality. They are magnetic forces that attract or repel things from us. The Law of Attraction, popularized by the movie and book “The Secret,” states that the imagination of sensory detail of our future life and of the things that we wish to have in our life actually causes their manifestation---because the universe attracts for us all things that are in harmony with the mental and emotional energies of our projection.

This is not a theory; it is a law of the (energetic) universe. Like energies attract like energies. Create energy with your mind, and the universe “answers” with the same kind of energy. The better you craft your energetic ideas, the more elaborate the universe’s response will be.

The catch is, our subconscious mind puts out energy of enormous magnitude, dwarfing whatever dreams, wishes, and plans our conscious mind projects. Crippling and limiting beliefs in the subconscious prevent us from manifesting what we consciously want. Therefore, however inspiring it may be, it is not enough to watch The Secret or to read the book version—and the dozens of other books published on this basic law of nature—unless you access and improve the contents of your subconscious mind.

This is one of many reasons why ThetaHealing™ is so profound. What is nice is that it is also easy and fast.

How is ThetaHealing™ performed? There are many processes, but the most basic one is outlined below to give you a general idea. (However, you will not be able to perform this on your own without further training as I mention only the high points and without giving you the hands-on instruction, which is not possible to do here!)

First, you identify any limiting subconscious beliefs you may have through energetic testing. Most practitioners find muscle testing of your body to work well.

Second, you meditate briefly in a particular way to “ground” your energy. Most people find this easy to do.

Third, you (if you have been trained)—or your Theta practitioner—enter into a conscious Theta brainwave and energetically travel to the source of the creative energy of the universe.

Fourth, you command a change in the subconscious beliefs, feelings, knowledge, or health state of the treatment subject, being careful to use appropriate positive word choices and phrasing.

Finally, you actually witness the transformation of the subject’s subconscious programs taking place!

It can be a reading, a teaching, a belief change, a manifestation, or a healing that the therapist commands and witnesses. These components of this process are all discussed further below.

Would you like to hear more? Then let me tell you of my experiences with ThetaHealing™.

http://www.thetahealingtechnique.com/#1

If only she knew what she was talking about.  ho hum..

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yup. Sounds like

Yup. Sounds like hypnotherapy under a trademarked & different name. Thanks for the links!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
OK, new rule. Better yet,

OK, new rule. Better yet, law. Anyone coming up with a new therapy, "alternative medicine" or medical treatment that isn't done through regular research, double-blind experimentation, and use of actual science gets charged with a misdemeanor. If they try to defend it using any of the following : Scientists/the media conspire to keep this down, it works if you believe in it, you can't prove it doesn't work, these people said it made them feel better or any misuse of or misinformation about actual science said misdemeanor becomes a felony. If 3 or more are used or if in addition to at least one said asshat charges much more than standard treatment/medicine and/or claims traditional methods don't work or are actually harmful, said felony becomes a crime against humanity. 

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

pyrokidd
Superfan
pyrokidd's picture
User is offlineOffline
And as a general rule, I

And as a general rule, I don't trust any healing process with a TM. I mean heart surgery sounds useful, but "Heart Surgerytm, The amazing new way to extend and improve you life!!!" reeks of bullshit.

"We are the star things harvesting the star energy"
-Carl Sagan

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:Evidently

Eloise wrote:

Evidently "Theta Healing" is a form of self-hypnotism, at least that's what my search has turned up.

Here are some links I found:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/secondopinion/txt/s1401483.htm

Trisha Howell(healingtechnique.com) wrote:

Theta gets its name from the Theta brainwave, which vibrates at four to seven cycles per second. This is the state you’re normally in at night when you’re first dreaming and also when you’re in deep hypnosis or having a profound experience of oneness with nature. It is a state in which you can have easy access to the contents of your subconscious mind and are also more fully connected to the basic life energy of the universe.

ThetaHealing™ is based on the discovery that you can go into the Theta brainwave while remaining awake and then you can (with the help of the creative energy of the universe) see what is going on inside your body as well as produce profound changes in your subconscious beliefs, in the health of your body, in what you know and how you feel, and in what you manifest in your life.

ThetaHealing™ acknowledges that our beliefs generate our reality. They are magnetic forces that attract or repel things from us. The Law of Attraction, popularized by the movie and book “The Secret,” states that the imagination of sensory detail of our future life and of the things that we wish to have in our life actually causes their manifestation---because the universe attracts for us all things that are in harmony with the mental and emotional energies of our projection.

This is not a theory; it is a law of the (energetic) universe. Like energies attract like energies. Create energy with your mind, and the universe “answers” with the same kind of energy. The better you craft your energetic ideas, the more elaborate the universe’s response will be.

The catch is, our subconscious mind puts out energy of enormous magnitude, dwarfing whatever dreams, wishes, and plans our conscious mind projects. Crippling and limiting beliefs in the subconscious prevent us from manifesting what we consciously want. Therefore, however inspiring it may be, it is not enough to watch The Secret or to read the book version—and the dozens of other books published on this basic law of nature—unless you access and improve the contents of your subconscious mind.

This is one of many reasons why ThetaHealing™ is so profound. What is nice is that it is also easy and fast.

How is ThetaHealing™ performed? There are many processes, but the most basic one is outlined below to give you a general idea. (However, you will not be able to perform this on your own without further training as I mention only the high points and without giving you the hands-on instruction, which is not possible to do here!)

First, you identify any limiting subconscious beliefs you may have through energetic testing. Most practitioners find muscle testing of your body to work well.

Second, you meditate briefly in a particular way to “ground” your energy. Most people find this easy to do.

Third, you (if you have been trained)—or your Theta practitioner—enter into a conscious Theta brainwave and energetically travel to the source of the creative energy of the universe.

Fourth, you command a change in the subconscious beliefs, feelings, knowledge, or health state of the treatment subject, being careful to use appropriate positive word choices and phrasing.

Finally, you actually witness the transformation of the subject’s subconscious programs taking place!

It can be a reading, a teaching, a belief change, a manifestation, or a healing that the therapist commands and witnesses. These components of this process are all discussed further below.

Would you like to hear more? Then let me tell you of my experiences with ThetaHealing™.

http://www.thetahealingtechnique.com/#1

If only she knew what she was talking about.  ho hum..

Oh, awesome. Someone else misrepresenting quantum mechanics.

Exactly what such a difficult to grasp field of study needs.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
It has become increasingly

It has become increasingly obvious to me that you can't trust personal testimonials. There has been some absolute BS thown about but you can always find a list of people willing to say that it works. Always have the BS meter out. Even in science, you need a rigorous experiment tha tis reproducible in other independant labs before you can say that an experiment work (otherwise we would have cold fusion). Even if it did work, it would not prove that god did it.

I saw a comedy experiment ("Investigationing with Ryan Sheldon" on Rove) about HD TV's power to change your life (like putting infinity dollars in your bank acount), Ryan commented to the camera: "I convinced this passerby to say that it does change your life", cut to passerby saying "it does".

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Oh,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Oh, awesome. Someone else misrepresenting quantum mechanics.

Exactly what such a difficult to grasp field of study needs.

New Age clowns love anything with gaps. I think it was the Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra that got this snowball of ignorance rolling. As soon as things get romantic, you know someone's going to put something supernatural in there.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence