Ray Comfort isn't smart

Jello
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-06-19
User is offlineOffline
Ray Comfort isn't smart

Atheists Evolved From Chickens

A loving Christian brother just emailed me and said, “Man-o-man. There are some bitter, furious, Christian hatin' bloggers out there!!!” I told him that he is seeing comparatively nice ones. I delete the bad blogs. He’s right though. Some of the atheists that are part of this blog are pretty nasty. So, I have decided to return a bit of the fire (in love, of course).

My new theory is that perhaps atheists evolved from the chicken, because they not only have chicken characteristics--a head, eyes, mouth, skin, neck, heart, earlobes and legs (homology structures), but they also have the chicken’s tendencies--they are chicken livered. They hang around Christians like annoying little bugs hang around light, trying to inject their poison whenever they can.

If you are an atheist, I hope I’m ruffling your feathers. I want to get under your skin and ask why you don’t have the courage to even whisper to Moslems what you keep shouting at Christians. Prove me wrong. Get onto a Moslem website and tell them that you don’t believe their god exists. Do your little “I don’t believe in Zeus” thing. Tell them they believe a myth. Talk about Mohammed as you do Jesus (use lower case for Mohamed). Do your “I don’t believe in the flying spaghetti monster” thing. Tell them that we weren’t made by a god (lower case), but that they evolved from primates (that will go down well). Also, let them know in no uncertain terms that the Koran is full of mistakes (give some examples), and that their mosques are full of hypocrites.

You wouldn’t dare, because you are chicken-livered. You know that they are not like Christians. Despite the “anonymity” of your little chicken coop, they would come after you to lop off your head. And when they find you, you would fall on your knees and be praying to God for help, quicker than I can move a fly swat . . . and I'm pretty quick. So, think about what you are doing, and think about how much you value your life. Then think about what we are telling you. Think.

Distributed by www.ChristianWorldviewNetwork.com

By Ray Comfort

 

Brian and Kelly debating this dude is comparable to Hulk Hogan wailing on a retarded midget.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
If you carefully read what

If you carefully read what Banana Boy writes, and gauge his reactions to the comments, I think it becomes clear that Ray is actually an atheist in denial. I think the inevitable conclusions scare him shitless, so he does everything he can to hang on to a dogma he has no real faith in.

I almost pity the fellow.

Almost.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Classic

Comfort "So, think about what you are doing, and think about how much you value your life. Then think about what we are telling you. Think."

Fear of Muslims+Yahweh=Christianity Conversion...now I get it.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
So he starts by saying

So he starts by saying atheists are so hateful, then say he wants us to all be put in a position where we have o cry out to god to save our lives or die.

Wut

EDIT-I'm pretty sure chickens and every other bird doesn't have earlobes. How bad at biology can someone be..

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


Eloise
Theist
Eloise's picture
Posts: 1804
Joined: 2007-05-26
User is offlineOffline
What a doofus, I know plenty

What a doofus, I know plenty of people who debate moslems on their faith, this is not something to be scared of they're human beings like anyone else, some get militant, some don't, some are freakin mad, some are really great people - and you guys, of course, know this..... so this is redundant.. and saying most moslems don't speak english is also redundant isn't it?... yeah.. OK.. and... yeah Ray Comfort is not smart....

 

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
 Ooh!  Ooh!  The "state

 Ooh!  Ooh!  The "state something obvious game!  I want to play!  

Lessee.  "Ray Comfort isn't smart".  Hmm.

2+2=4.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Ray Comfort, via Jello

Ray Comfort, via Jello wrote:

They hang around Christians like annoying little bugs hang around light, trying to inject their poison whenever they can.

If only chickens were poisonous. The world would be a much more interesting place.

And I want a genetically-engineered kangaroo / velocipraptor. It can have some chicken genes, too, as long as it gets the poison.

Seriously, that was like eating a metaphor salad.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
Posts: 361
Joined: 2008-01-26
User is offlineOffline
Jello/Ray Comfort wrote: If

Jello/Ray Comfort wrote:


If you are an atheist, I hope I’m ruffling your feathers.

Not really. You're just confusing the shit out of me.

Besides, we already know that we didn't evolve from chickens. We haven't been closely related to chickens since like the Permian. Chickens are descendents of the diapsid lineage, while mammals are descended from the synapsid line. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

 


Jello
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-06-19
User is offlineOffline
I don't understand what the

I don't understand what the point of the rant is. Is it that Christians are better than muslims? Or that fundamentalist christians are less likely to kill you for questioning their beliefs than fundamentalist muslims? Or that all atheists are cowards because they don't want to have their heads lopped off? Or that all atheists are really theists deep down in their hearts, and Ray knows this(how?)? Or is it all those points at once? Because none of them are valid points, even if they were 100% true, which they are not. The dude's an intellectual lightweight, I hope he falls over and grazes his knee.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first.


Jello
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-06-19
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote: Ooh!

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

 Ooh!  Ooh!  The "state something obvious game!  I want to play!  

Lessee.  "Ray Comfort isn't smart".  Hmm.

2+2=4.

 

Is that a slap on the wrist? I had to think of a subject title, it was the first one that popped into my head. geez. gee wizz.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote: We

greek goddess wrote:

 We haven't been closely related to chickens since like the Permian. Chickens are descendents of the diapsid lineage, while mammals are descended from the synapsid line.

Man, you turn me on when you talk like that.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7573
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Ray Comfort wrote: If you

Ray Comfort wrote:


If you are an atheist, I hope I’m ruffling your feathers.

 

I just checked my Ray Comfort to English dictionary and "ruffling your feathers" does in fact mean, "laughing profusely."

 

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Creucent
Creucent's picture
Posts: 29
Joined: 2007-12-06
User is offlineOffline
When I do get into a debate

When I do get into a debate with Muslims, I don't bother capitalizing muhammad or god. Actually, the last topic I was arguing about was someone said to post your favorite story about muhammad and I said that my favorite was when he married a little girl, age ~10. They got pretty pissed. Apparently it's ok to marry little girls if you are a prophet and lived a long time ago.

So I'm not really scared to call Muslims out in the same way that I do Christians. Do I get a prize, Ray? Perhaps a Croc-a-duck stuffed animal? I'd gladly accept one. Laughing out loud


DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
Posts: 666
Joined: 2008-02-15
User is offlineOffline
Jello wrote:DamnDirtyApe

Jello wrote:

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

 Ooh!  Ooh!  The "state something obvious game!  I want to play!  

Lessee.  "Ray Comfort isn't smart".  Hmm.

2+2=4.

 

Is that a slap on the wrist? I had to think of a subject title, it was the first one that popped into my head. geez. gee wizz.

Oh shit, sorry.  I had no intention of that.  Just taking an opportunity to rag on Ray.  It's an excellent post and I apologize for trivializing it with my weak ass joke.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
Jello wrote:Atheists Evolved

Jello wrote:

Atheists Evolved From Chickens

A loving Christian brother just emailed me and said, “Man-o-man. There are some bitter, furious, Christian hatin' bloggers out there!!!” I told him that he is seeing comparatively nice ones. I delete the bad blogs. He’s right though. Some of the atheists that are part of this blog are pretty nasty. So, I have decided to return a bit of the fire (in love, of course).

My new theory is that perhaps atheists evolved from the chicken, because they not only have chicken characteristics--a head, eyes, mouth, skin, neck, heart, earlobes and legs (homology structures), but they also have the chicken’s tendencies--they are chicken livered. They hang around Christians like annoying little bugs hang around light, trying to inject their poison whenever they can.

If you are an atheist, I hope I’m ruffling your feathers. I want to get under your skin and ask why you don’t have the courage to even whisper to Moslems what you keep shouting at Christians. Prove me wrong. Get onto a Moslem website and tell them that you don’t believe their god exists. Do your little “I don’t believe in Zeus” thing. Tell them they believe a myth. Talk about Mohammed as you do Jesus (use lower case for Mohamed). Do your “I don’t believe in the flying spaghetti monster” thing. Tell them that we weren’t made by a god (lower case), but that they evolved from primates (that will go down well). Also, let them know in no uncertain terms that the Koran is full of mistakes (give some examples), and that their mosques are full of hypocrites.

You wouldn’t dare, because you are chicken-livered. You know that they are not like Christians. Despite the “anonymity” of your little chicken coop, they would come after you to lop off your head. And when they find you, you would fall on your knees and be praying to God for help, quicker than I can move a fly swat . . . and I'm pretty quick. So, think about what you are doing, and think about how much you value your life. Then think about what we are telling you. Think.

Distributed by www.ChristianWorldviewNetwork.com

By Ray Comfort

 

Brian and Kelly debating this dude is comparable to Hulk Hogan wailing on a retarded midget.

Ray really needs to spend more time peeling bananas and less time trying to write things that other people can read.

He'd be a far more productive person that way.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


shikko
Posts: 448
Joined: 2007-05-23
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Ray

nigelTheBold wrote:

Ray Comfort, via Jello wrote:

They hang around Christians like annoying little bugs hang around light, trying to inject their poison whenever they can.

If only chickens were poisonous. The world would be a much more interesting place.

And I want a genetically-engineered kangaroo / velocipraptor. It can have some chicken genes, too, as long as it gets the poison.

Seriously, that was like eating a metaphor salad.

I, for one, welcome our new venomous, delicious kangaraptor overlords.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Creucent wrote:Actually, the

Creucent wrote:

Actually, the last topic I was arguing about was someone said to post your favorite story about muhammad and I said that my favorite was when he married a little girl, age ~10.

I may be completely wrong here.  But let me know, ok?

I thought he married her at six and had sex with her at nine? 

I heard someone mention that years ago, so I may be wrong.  If anyone could fill me in, thanks.  'Cause I don't feel like digging through moronic religious text in the quran right now.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
Posts: 580
Joined: 2007-07-20
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote: Not

greek goddess wrote:

 

Not really. You're just confusing the shit out of me.

Besides, we already know that we didn't evolve from chickens. We haven't been closely related to chickens since like the Permian. Chickens are descendents of the diapsid lineage, while mammals are descended from the synapsid line. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

 

 

technically, we were never related to chickens since the primate branch as well as the bird branch are so far removed from the initial population separation, of our common ancestor, event that the common ancestor that would relate us is neither bird nor mammal.   Furthermore, the way you phrased it, you are implying that there were both birds and humans in the Permian . . . . . . . . . . .  . oh yeah . . .  .. and Ray is dumb and all that jazz or what . . . . actually, if atheists are chickens, Ray is a PUSSYcat.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
you know, i recall reading

you know, i recall reading as a kid in one of my CHILDREN'S (ahem, Ray) science books (one of those nifty "fun things you didn't know" type books that i wish could be produced as quickly as fucked up children's fundamentalist indoctrination books...goddamn quality control...) that the whole fear/chicken analogy is flawed because chickens actually show a lot of pluck and aggression.

 

oh, and i love fried chicken livers.  it's an eastern kentucky thing.  ray was making me hungry.

 

but in my opinion, ray is a fucking GENIUS.  he invents new kinds of shit for people who are already so full of shit that they're jaded and oversaturated.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
btw, this argument among

btw, this argument among christians of "oh, you atheists are actually pussies because you'll never fuck with a muslim" is getting really old.  it only serves to show that THEY'RE actually pussies because they have this idea that all muslims are testicle-eating monsters (and ovaries as well, ladies, but in all fairness that's a lot more work for them).  that shows they know very few muslims or atheists.

 

never mind that ray conveniently forgets to mention that he's writing in the context of a western, cultarally christian society where the christians tend to be A LOT more obnoxious than the muslims.  i wonder how many turkish or albanian atheists ray knows.  i'm guessing none.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:What a doofus,

Eloise wrote:

What a doofus, I know plenty of people who debate moslems on their faith, this is not something to be scared of they're human beings like anyone else, some get militant, some don't, some are freakin mad, some are really great people - and you guys, of course, know this..... so this is redundant.. and saying most moslems don't speak english is also redundant isn't it?... yeah.. OK.. and... yeah Ray Comfort is not smart....

 

 

Eloise, since ray is a new zealander, i've often wondered, is he known at all down under?  if so, what's the general opinion of him?  did he come to the states because because more people would buy his bullshit there?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Chicken livers and gizzards

Chicken livers and gizzards are pupular in the more heavily PA-dutch areas of Pennsylvania, too (fried in a sort of breading.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
i'm not big on the

i'm not big on the gizzard.  it's too tough.  i do enjoy the heart though.  as my father always says, you can buy a pack of chicken legs or breasts or whatever and fry them the exact same way, but for some reason they never taste as good as frying a whole chicken with the giblets at the same time.

 

btw, take a good look at my current profile pic.  ever notice how ho chi minh looks a lot like colonel sanders?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, hearts are used, too.

Yeah, hearts are used, too. Wow - is Ray Comfort rea;lly that deluded and stupid that he thinks chickens are venomous or was that just a badly worded sentence?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
well, what's worse is what's

well, what's worse is what's behind the words.  this shows just how devetloped ray's social skills are, because it's basically a pompous, smug way of saying the kind of stuff we used to say to each other in high school.  something like this:

 

"you chickenshit fucker!  you talk a lotta shit now but you won't fuckin' say it to someone bigger 'n you, cuz he'd fuckin' kick your ass!  go on, faggot, fuck with him!  ahh, you pussy-ass piece-a-shit!"

 

isn't this what ray is essentially saying (in love of course)?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Jello
Posts: 223
Joined: 2007-06-19
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, what's

iwbiek wrote:

well, what's worse is what's behind the words.  this shows just how devetloped ray's social skills are, because it's basically a pompous, smug way of saying the kind of stuff we used to say to each other in high school.  something like this:

 

"you chickenshit fucker!  you talk a lotta shit now but you won't fuckin' say it to someone bigger 'n you, cuz he'd fuckin' kick your ass!  go on, faggot, fuck with him!  ahh, you pussy-ass piece-a-shit!"

 

isn't this what ray is essentially saying (in love of course)?

 

Yeah, I think that's his point. "you atheists might think you're smart, but you're all scaredy cats. See that swimming pool? It's swarming with fanatical muslims who'll rip your face off at the mere wiff of an atheist's fart. I bet if you went near it, they'd jump out and eat your brains for brunch, and not say sorry. My point being, you really believe in God deep down, I know you do, because I'm an asshole."

iwbiek wrote:

Eloise, since ray is a new zealander, i've often wondered, is he known at all down under?  if so, what's the general opinion of him?  did he come to the states because because more people would buy his bullshit there?

I'm a New Zealander, but he's not a new zealand celebrity. The New Zealander famous for being a dumbass fundy is someone none of you would have heard of, no-one knows who Ray Comfort is here.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Jello wrote:The New

Jello wrote:

The New Zealander famous for being a dumbass fundy is someone none of you would have heard of, no-one knows who Ray Comfort is here.

Damn few people know who he is here in America.  I bet that there are more atheist americans that know who he is than christian americans.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Jillswift

JillSwift wrote:

If you carefully read what Banana Boy writes, and gauge his reactions to the comments, I think it becomes clear that Ray is actually an atheist in denial. I think the inevitable conclusions scare him shitless, so he does everything he can to hang on to a dogma he has no real faith in.

I almost pity the fellow.

Almost.

  I do believe Jillswift that you understand Ray Comfort better then his own mother.  And thanks again for zapping those terrible thetens from my arm  lo those meny posts ago.

 Another problem for the genious of Comfort to comprehend,  is that his focus is so narrowed to J.C.  and I.D.  that any rationalist with a comment for allah and the short comings of mohammad and islam  is not going to bother Ray Comfort about it; we take mohammad to the mountain of islam, and then bitch.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
 Comfort is smart in a

 Comfort is smart in a primitive Bill Gates-esque self-preservation-to-the-detriment-of-society kind of way. I don't think what he believes is of any consequence to him; he could just as easily be selling Darwin car emblems and Dawkins DVDs to an atheist/agnostic majority. The issue is his vicious, beady-eyed ambition and complete lack of integrity.


Eloise
Theist
Eloise's picture
Posts: 1804
Joined: 2007-05-26
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Eloise

iwbiek wrote:

Eloise wrote:

What a doofus, I know plenty of people who debate moslems on their faith, this is not something to be scared of they're human beings like anyone else, some get militant, some don't, some are freakin mad, some are really great people - and you guys, of course, know this..... so this is redundant.. and saying most moslems don't speak english is also redundant isn't it?... yeah.. OK.. and... yeah Ray Comfort is not smart....

 

 

Eloise, since ray is a new zealander, i've often wondered, is he known at all down under? 

No, he's got no name here at all to speak of.

Quote:

 

did he come to the states because because more people would buy his bullshit there?

Hate to say it but, possibly yes. He's almost totally ignored here, except maybe for the banana video on youtube, that was too funny to miss.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
The silliest thing about

The silliest thing about this is he doesn't seem to realise it can be turned straight around.Why are christians so scared? They stay in their safe countries, debating atheists who have proper debates and don't threaten them. Instead of using the same old tired arguments against atheists, why don't they go save the heathen muslin masses. If they really cared about saving people,they would risk death by going to muslim countries. The truth is deep down they aren't sure if the whole martyrdom thing is worth it.It's safer to insult atheists.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Jello

Watcher wrote:

Jello wrote:

The New Zealander famous for being a dumbass fundy is someone none of you would have heard of, no-one knows who Ray Comfort is here.

Damn few people know who he is here in America.  I bet that there are more atheist americans that know who he is than christian americans.

 

you may be right, mostly because of the nightline debate.  i have a feeling more atheists than christians were watching.  i really hope brian and kelly were smart enough to know going into it that they weren't going to get a serious (or even on-topic) debate from comfort.  i was exposed to comfort a little bit in college (before WOTM) and i could've told them he only agreed to that debate so that he could get his face out there and the same tired bullshit he's been preaching for 20 years to as large an audience as possible.  but i think brian and kelly took that opportunity to expose comfort for the joke he is, rather than seriously debate the existence of god.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
Posts: 361
Joined: 2008-01-26
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog

illeatyourdog wrote:

technically, we were never related to chickens since the primate branch as well as the bird branch are so far removed from the initial population separation, of our common ancestor, event that the common ancestor that would relate us is neither bird nor mammal.  

Yes I realize that. All living things are related, assuming we are all descendents of the same single-celled organism, which seems the most likely path. There are a lot of things that are common to all organisms that just as arbitrarily could have been different - like the utilization of L molecules as opposed to D, the fact that we all have the same nucleotide bases & DNA structure, etc.

So anyways, we were related to chickens at some point, but yes, our common ancestor was neither bird nor mammal. This is what I meant, sorry if it was confusing - I guess to be more accurate, we haven't been related since even before the Permian.. not sure exactly where the synapsid/diapsid split took place... Ordovician? I'll have to look it up.

illeatyourdog wrote:

Furthermore, the way you phrased it, you are implying that there were both birds and humans in the Permian

I didn't say that at all. I said there were synapsids and diapsids in the Permian. They're both reptiles, they just differ in the number of holes in the skull - specifically, synapsids have one teporal fenestra in the sides if their skulls, while diapsids have two. During the Permian, synapsids were dominant, but after the end-Permian extinction, the diapsids became dominant. The diapsids eventually gave rise to dinosaurs, including the branch that evolved into birds, while synapsids became mammals.

After the end-Cretaceous extinction, the dinosaurs all died out expcet for the lineage that eventually became aves, and the mammals, having had a major predator removed, were free to diversify.

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess

greek goddess wrote:

illeatyourdog wrote:

technically, we were never related to chickens since the primate branch as well as the bird branch are so far removed from the initial population separation, of our common ancestor, event that the common ancestor that would relate us is neither bird nor mammal.  

Yes I realize that. All living things are related, assuming we are all descendents of the same single-celled organism, which seems the most likely path. There are a lot of things that are common to all organisms that just as arbitrarily could have been different - like the utilization of L molecules as opposed to D, the fact that we all have the same nucleotide bases & DNA structure, etc.

So anyways, we were related to chickens at some point, but yes, our common ancestor was neither bird nor mammal. This is what I meant, sorry if it was confusing - I guess to be more accurate, we haven't been related since even before the Permian.. not sure exactly where the synapsid/diapsid split took place... Ordovician? I'll have to look it up.

illeatyourdog wrote:

Furthermore, the way you phrased it, you are implying that there were both birds and humans in the Permian

I didn't say that at all. I said there were synapsids and diapsids in the Permian. They're both reptiles, they just differ in the number of holes in the skull - specifically, synapsids have one teporal fenestra in the sides if their skulls, while diapsids have two. During the Permian, synapsids were dominant, but after the end-Permian extinction, the diapsids became dominant. The diapsids eventually gave rise to dinosaurs, including the branch that evolved into birds, while synapsids became mammals.

After the end-Cretaceous extinction, the dinosaurs all died out expcet for the lineage that eventually became aves, and the mammals, having had a major predator removed, were free to diversify.

 

 

"He [Benjamin Franklin] talked about man being a tool-making animal.  Formerly, they used to say man was a thinking animal, 'the organ of the heart can think' [a quote from Mencius]; they said that man was the soul of creation.  Who called a meeting and elected him [to that position]?  He conferred this dignity on himself.  This proposition existed in the feudal era.  Afterwards, Marx put forward the view that man is a tool-maker, and that man is a social animal.  In reality it is only after undergoing a million years [of evolution] that man developed a large brain and a pair of hands.  In the future, animals will continue to develop.  I don't believe that men alone are capable of having two hands.  Can't horses, cows, sheep evolve?  Can only monkeys evolve?  And can it be, moreover, that of all the monkeys only one species can evolve, and all the others are incapable of evolving?  In a million years, ten million years, will horses, cows and sheep still be the same as those today?  I think they will continue to change.  Horses, cows, sheep and insects will all change.  Animals have evolved from plants, they have evolved from seaweed.  Chang T'ai-yen knew all this.  In the book in which he argued about revolution with K'ang Yu-wei, he expounded these principles.  The earth was originally dead, there were no plants, no water, no air.  Only after I don't know how many tens of millions of years was water formed; hydrogen and oxygen aren't just transformed immediately in any old way into water.  Water has its history too.  Earlier still, even hydrogen and oxygen did not exist.  Only after hydrogen and oxygen were produced was there the possibility that these two elements could combine to give water."

--Mao Tse-tung

 

ah, the wisdom of the chairman.  it seemed apropos to include this since everything is going all science-y on me and this is as close to natural science as my reading list gets.

 

also, this proves that ray better watch what he says about chickens because perhaps, in mao doesn't know how many tens of millions of years, chickens will grow hands and fuck ray up.

 

i love how mao says animals evolved from seaweed.  who would've had the balls to tell him he's full of shit?  if so, you wouldn't have had those balls much longer...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
Posts: 580
Joined: 2007-07-20
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess wrote:So

greek goddess wrote:

So anyways, we were related to chickens at some point, but yes, our common ancestor was neither bird nor mammal. This is what I meant, sorry if it was confusing - I guess to be more accurate, we haven't been related since even before the Permian.. not sure exactly where the synapsid/diapsid split took place... Ordovician? I'll have to look it up.

 

I kinda see what you are saying now.  I just find it troublesome to say that primates were, at any time, related to chickens since there is no evolutionary necessity for the existence of chickens in order for there to be primates.  Yes what I said is more confusing than helpful but I will try to explain Sticking out tongue.  To try and put it simply, everyone would agree that there had to be mammals before there were primates and, to take it even further, there had to be apes before their could be humans, thus, humans and apes are related as are humans and most primates.  However, when it comes to chickens, the necessity for the existence of chicken, in regards to the development of homo sapiens, is not there.  Any animal type could have came about from that initial branching that triggered the development of primates.  Same is true for homo sapiens, there is no need for homo sapiens to have existed before the chicken in order for the chicken to develop.  Of course you can point out that the relation is revealed the respective genomes but then that suggests we ARE still related to chickens rather than we WERE at one point but not anymore. 

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff