Yoko Ono Sues Makers of Asshat Pseudo-documentary

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yoko Ono Sues Makers of Asshat Pseudo-documentary

NEW YORK (Reuters) - John Lennon's sons and widow, Yoko Ono, are suing the filmmakers of "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" for using the song "Imagine" in the documentary without permission.

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['nj6bGULEYrY-']='&U=127f3vf8g%2fN%3dnj6bGULEYrY-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRMP%2fB%3d-1';

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();
window.yzq_d['nz6bGULEYrY-']='&U=128pt5f5e%2fN%3dnz6bGULEYrY-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dSIPR%2fB%3d-1';

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();
window.yzq_d['mj6bGULEYrY-']='&U=13b3v2t02%2fN%3dmj6bGULEYrY-%2fC%3d619213.12513757.12865452.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4919452';

Lennon recorded the song in 1971 and in 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked it No. 3 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, according to the lawsuit.

Ono, her son Sean Ono Lennon, and Julian Lennon, John Lennon's son from his first marriage, along with privately held publisher EMI Blackwood Music Inc filed suit in U.S. District Court in Manhattan seeking to bar the filmmakers and their distributors from continuing to use "Imagine" in the movie.

They are also seeking unspecified damages.

The documentary, which features Ben Stein, an actor, comedian and former speechwriter for President Richard Nixon, looks at alleged discrimination against scientists and teachers who support so-called intelligent design as an alternative to Darwin's theory of evolution.

The suit is against the film's producers and distributors: Premise Media Corporation, C&S Production LP and Rocky Mountain Pictures.

The producers cited the fair use doctrine, which allows the use of copyrighted materials for the purposes of commentary and criticism.

"We are disappointed therefore that Yoko Ono and others have decided to challenge our free speech right to comment on the song 'Imagine' in our documentary film," they said in a statement.

(Reporting by Leslie Gevirtz)

Ummm.. Since when does free speech include the right to use copyrighted music in a commercial film without permission or compensation?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I cuntpasted this from Yahoo

I cuntpasted this from Yahoo News - don't know where the weird shit after the 1st paragraph came from.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  Go Yoko. I couldn't find

Go Yoko. I couldn't find any more regarding the details and Yoko's motivation. Was the song played or only discussed ? Defending John, money, or her atheism ? Oh well. Anyhow, sue all the liars. For starters, the Pope, Bush, the FCC, and all their co-conspirators.

Ummm ..... Think the Pope (etc etc) could pass a lie detector test regarding even half their BS , and of truly being for the common good of all  ?       Nah ..... 

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I love how christians can

I love how christians can break the law, then be 'disapointed' when they get in trouble. I suppose the xtian world will jump on this as a example of their famous persecution. Christians can't steal you know,because everything belongs to god and therefore them.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.