I feel my heart jump up in my throat when I see these

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I feel my heart jump up in my throat when I see these

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/08/attacks.remains.ap/index.html

Everytime I think they're going to find my friend that has been missing ever since the attack.

None of the remains were her.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's amazing they're

I think it's amazing they're still finding remains at all. Given how much of the building literally became powder, I'd think a vast majority of the people inside would've followed suit.

I do hope they manage to find what remains of her if that'll bring you some closure, Watcher. I'm lucky - the closest aquaintance I had who was near the towers on 9/11 (a friend of a friend) was on vacation, and had decided to tour around Ellis Island early in the day instead of the WTC complex. Might've save their life, might not have, but it was no doubt a far better place to be when the shit hit the fan.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
9/11

Try not to worry too much Watcher, the article did mention a large number of 'relics'that have not been I.D. yet. DNA is a slow prossess.   Over three hundred of my countrymen (Canada) were murdered that day, it was the WORLD trade center remember.   THAT ground will be thorougholy checked before any new construction  begins .                                                                                                                                                                                              

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Actually I have no idea if

Actually I have no idea if she was there.  All I know is that she worked in NYC at a travel agency (WTC had at least two of them), the last time I communicated with her was on 9/9, and after 9/11 I was never able to reach her again.

She may be fine.  I just have no idea why she dissapeared.  She's not on the list of WTC casualties.  *shrugs*  Where did you go, Noa?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Actually I have no

Quote:
Actually I have no idea if she was there.  All I know is that she worked in NYC at a travel agency (WTC had at least two of them), the last time I communicated with her was on 9/9, and after 9/11 I was never able to reach her again.

Oh, man.

Now that's a shit deal. My sympathies.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940