What are you most controversial opinions

Fire
Fire's picture
User is offlineOffline
What are you most controversial opinions

I am in the mood to vent. I have opinions that I can't talk openly about at work and in my conservative area, would get beat up for discussing since this is a place where advocating using nuclear weapons against Mecca is not all the controversial.

- As an atheist and a bright, simply admitting that I do not believe in god is deeply offensive to some people, particularly ones whose religious beliefs indicate that everyone should be converted to their religion. The planet as a whole would be better off without religion, especially Islam and Christianity.

- I am a white person and I agree whole-heartly with Kanye West when he said George Bush doesn't care about Black people and all the things he said leading up to that. For five days George Bush did absolutely nothing to help the victims of Katrina, he remained on vacation, even going out to play guitar with some celebrity for a photo op. After the city went to total chaos he ordered the national guard to shoot those looters, meanwhile white families caught up in the disaster were said to be "finding" supplies. We know George Bush doesn't care about black people because we he finally got off his ass to do something, he CONGRATULATED the man responsible for hundreds of dead and dying people in New Orleans as doing a "heck of a job."

- George Bush stole the election by illegally disenfranchising black voters with a list of "felons" that had an absurd number of false positives because the criteria for being on the list was being the same race, and having the same name as a felon. Only we can't talk about this because bringing up this historical fact labels us conspiracy theorists despite being well documented.

-There are dozens of crimes committed by the Bush administration that should warrant impeachment and all of them alone are far worse than cheating on your wife with a fat Jewish intern in the oval office. Republicans are massive hypocrites and Democrats are tiny cowards for not impeaching this fuck head. Bush's overwhelming incompetence is proof that 9-11 was not planned by him or anyone working for him since the towers actually fell.

-George Bush is a liar. His administration lied about weapons of mass destruction. They went by intelligence that they knew was false because they had been wanting to conquer Iraq and its oil for years. Even now the future oil revenue is being divided up amongst the oil corporations and is going to be used not for the benefit of Iraqis but for the benefit of George Bush's friends.

-Our use of depleted uranium is a war crime and I hold the pentagon responsible for every birth defect that happens in Iraq. Someone needs to give shaking the evil out of the pentagon another try.

-Hilary Clinton and other democrats were not deceived by Bush, they voted for the war knowing he was full of shit but were to cowardly to call Bush out on his lies, which is pretty much the same reason they voted for the patriot act.

-Crack Cocaine was intentionally let into this country by the CIA under Regan because we had alliances to maintain with right wing drug lords. The fact that it devastated the black community was convenient source of revenue and labor for the increasingly privatized prisons that tend to support the right wing

-Reagan was a miserable excuse for a president and it is a pity that he didn't spend his last days homeless and alone like the thousands of mentally ill people he threw out on the street to build more bombs, or die penniless and broken like the black single mothers he vilified, or die in a blazing inferno or from chemical burns that would cover 100% of his body like the children of Iran killed by weapons he supplied to Iraq.

-The longest running failure of policy is the war on (some) drugs but no one, once elected, has the courage to admit the nakedness of the king and do something to stop it. DEA agents and the police in general have become increasingly militarized because kicking down doors like jack booted fascists is pretty much the only way to enforce drug laws. The war on drugs had racists motivations as an excuse to lock up Mexicans and Asians, served as a useful tool to lock up young critics of the Vietnam war who had also expanded their minds by experimenting with altering the consciousness, and continues to be used as a weapon against minorities.  Blacks account for 15% of the users of pot and about 80% of arrests, and the children of the wealthy are given far more lenient sentences in the criminal justice system.

-Sodomy and Fornication are healthy natural and normal and it is ludicrous to think that we can stop teen pregnancy by teaching only abstanence. We also should teach tolerance of homosexuality and sex ed should cover issues relevant to gay sex.

- I do not pledge allegiance to the flag, the united states, or the god it is under.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gorzak wrote:I have had

Gorzak wrote:

I have had people take issue with my stance on socialized welfare. I think we have enough wealth to provide comfortable safe lodging and an excess of calories and nutrients to everyone who chooses not to contribute. A lifetime guarantee of these things in exchange for permanent sterilization and custody of any existing children would leave both parties feeling like they were getting the better of the exchange. If continuing your genetic and/or memetic heritige is important to you, then you must have a minimum of competence cooperatively contributing value to your fellow human beings. Should you admit incompetence, society would be ill served by allowing your genetic &/or memetic values to be inherited.

Similarly, on the topic of eugenics, I am inclined to suggest that it be rolled into a comprehensive socialized health care system packaged similarly. The idea is unlimited comprehensive health care, with the cost of permanent sterilization. Blade Runner (the lesser known book, not the more famous movie) was the first place I encountered this idea, and presented it to refute its feasibility. Nevertheless, the system could be modified to make it more fair. A per person quota of free health care before sterilization, categorization of treatment and illness to dis include preventative treatments vs undesirable inheritable defects would all make such a system more workable.

The main reason I hesitate to go as far as saying something like this would be beneficial is because natural selection has often proved superior to human design. We could easily eradicate sickle cell anemia by sterilizing people carrying the genes for it, but from my understanding this genetic "defect" has a positive survival value in areas afflicted by malaria. I think humanity designing its own genetics is a bad idea in general. Wide scale elimination the defects that we perceive to be negative reduces the variety and adaptability of the gene pool. If for some unfathomable reason we started absorbing large quantities of insilun from our environment, diabetes could be an asset. Should man be nearsighted for close up work like electronics, or farsighted to better throw javelins at prey animals? You can't practice eugenics without first answering questions about which genetic traits you are selecting for, and I fear that design will fall short as a creative practice when compared with the existing mechanism of evolution.

I loved Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? It was a great book, partly because of its exploration of ideas like that.

I think you're on to something. While I am against eugenics for very much the same reasons you state, what you describe isn't eugenics, nor social darwinism. You're basically providing a way to make sure the children of those who are willing to take advantage of the system will not grow up disadvantaged by their parents' poor choices.

I had a similar idea this morning, in response to a different thread. Basically, take those who wish to take advantage of the system, and place them in communities with only the basic amenities. Television would consist entirely of news and educational programs. The internet would be strictly regulated. No movie theater, no shopping mall, no PS3s or XBoxes or any other form of advanced entertainment. They would have the chance to sign up for distance education, volunteer for work activities in exchange for entertainment perks (such as hours on a game system, or watching a movie), and so forth. Basic amenities would be provided, to ensure they have an essential living standard, but their quality of life would be restricted.

I believe this would satisfy both my liberal social tendencies, and also my libertarian bent. It would have to be managed so that it offered people a chance to better themselves and escape into the real world as productive members of society. Basically, it would be voluntary, but if you want social support, such as food and shelter, you'd have to relocate to this rather bland community.

Anyway, just an idea to adjunct yours.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote: It is

illeatyourdog wrote:

It is not necessary, at all, for the woman to feel anything and demanding that THEY must feel something too is just selfish. 

Lol....no, not absolutely necessary. But I'd have to argue that a man who makes a women feel good would likely get to have sex more often and therefore have a distinct advangage over the men not interested in whether the woman feels good.

"The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs" - Bill Maher

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Lol....no, not

Theia wrote:

Lol....no, not absolutely necessary. But I'd have to argue that a man who makes a women feel good would likely get to have sex more often and therefore have a distinct advangage over the men not interested in whether the woman feels good.

You are an extremely attractive and intelligent woman.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Theia

Watcher wrote:

Theia wrote:

OK with the 2nd part, but how exactly do you know the 1st since she hasn't posted a pic yet?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

entomophila
ScientistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Help me!

Matt....HAAAAA.....stop...you're killing me...

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:OK with

MattShizzle wrote:

OK with the 2nd part, but how exactly do you know the 1st since she hasn't posted a pic yet?

Shhhh.  I'm trying to get laid here, dude.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:MattShizzle

Watcher wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Shhhh.  I'm trying to get laid here, dude.

I'm totally telling your wife

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:I'm totally

Loc wrote:

I already told her.  I even showed it to her.  She laughed.

Also she agreed that guys that make women feel good will get more sex so I'm on the right track.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Loc wrote:I'm

Watcher wrote:

Loc wrote:

I already told her.  I even showed it to her.  She laughed.

Ya?well...well...see you in hell adulterer!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Watcher

MattShizzle wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Theia wrote:

Actually, he already blew it since there's the general assumption that smart women are unattractive ( blind date setup "she's smart and has a great personality" ) and attractive women are dumb ( "dumb blondes" ). So by using the 2 terms together he gave it away. I suppose that might work on the dumb blonde though. Shows where he usually makes his attempts. Eye-wink

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Actually,

Theia wrote:

Actually, he already blew it since there's the general assumption that smart women are unattractive ( blind date setup "she's smart and has a great personality" ) and attractive women are dumb ( "dumb blondes" ). So by using the 2 terms together he gave it away. I suppose that might work on the dumb blonde though. Shows where he usually makes his attempts. Eye-wink

Damn...

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Why do you work or

Loc wrote:

Why do you work or have money problems? Just pray and god will give you all the money you need.

Yeah. Doesn't God, in fact, tell us we should be lazy and not work?

"Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor
yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the
body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do
they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye
not much better than they?" - Matthew 6:25

Sounds to me like he's telling us not to work for our food, clothing, or shelter. If we just lie around and have faith then food and shelter will just appear in abundance, as it apparently does for birds. (Of course, theists fail to acknowledge that, in the real world, only about 37% of birds survive the winter.)

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Yeah. Doesn't

Theia wrote:

Yeah. Doesn't God, in fact, tell us we should be lazy and not work?

"Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor
yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the
body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do
they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye
not much better than they?" - Matthew 6:25

Sounds to me like he's telling us not to work for our food, clothing, or shelter. If we just lie around and have faith then food and shelter will just appear in abundance, as it apparently does for birds. (Of course, theists fail to acknowledge that, in the real world, only about 37% of birds survive the winter.)

Your writing skill and use of the english language is phenomenal.

*wonders if he's beating a dead horse*

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Your writing

Watcher wrote:

Your writing skill and use of the english language is phenomenal.

Oh, well that did it for me! Let's go!

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Oh, well that

Theia wrote:

Oh, well that did it for me! Let's go!

Sweeeeet.  lol

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:But I'd have to

Theia wrote:

But I'd have to argue that a man who makes a women feel good would likely get to have sex more often and therefore have a distinct advangage over the men not interested in whether the woman feels good.

So guys should care becuase it is beneficial to MEN not necessarily becuase it shows that men actually care (beyond mere physcial woes) about the woman?  I think I figured out why girls get temselves is such suck-ass relationships (literally and figuratively).

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote: already blew

Theia wrote:

already blew it since there's the general assumption that smart women are unattractive ( blind date setup "she's smart and has a great personality" ) and attractive women are dumb ( "dumb blondes" ). So by using the 2 terms together he gave it away. I suppose that might work on the dumb blonde though. Shows where he usually makes his attempts. Eye-wink

Time for me to make a Male fallacy.  You must be in your late thirties or early forties becuase young females aren't smart enough to catch that Eye-wink

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:*wonders if

Watcher wrote:

*wonders if he's beating a dead horse*

Or perhaps something else.  Unless that is your name for it of course Eye-wink

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The utter anihilation of

The utter anihilation of both religion and capitalism would be of great benefit to humankind.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote:Theia

illeatyourdog wrote:

Theia wrote:

already blew it since there's the general assumption that smart women are unattractive ( blind date setup "she's smart and has a great personality" ) and attractive women are dumb ( "dumb blondes" ). So by using the 2 terms together he gave it away. I suppose that might work on the dumb blonde though. Shows where he usually makes his attempts. Eye-wink

Time for me to make a Male fallacy.  You must be in your late thirties or early forties becuase young females aren't smart enough to catch that Eye-wink

So you're saying women are only smart between 35 and 45 and become stupid again when they get into their mid forties and beyond? lol

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote:So guys

illeatyourdog wrote:

So guys should care becuase it is beneficial to MEN not necessarily becuase it shows that men actually care (beyond mere physcial woes) about the woman?  I think I figured out why girls get temselves is such suck-ass relationships (literally and figuratively).

Well I was thinking in terms of natural selection regardless of motive. Men who make a woman feel good because they actually care would also have the advantage, wouldn't they?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Well I was

Theia wrote:

Well I was thinking in terms of natural selection regardless of motive. Men who make a woman feel good because they actually care would also have the advantage, wouldn't they?

I care... fuck.  I give up the pretense.  I'm just entertaining myself.  lol  I make myself laugh.  That's the most important thing to me on here.  hehe

I'm BORED.  I have to do something that I find amusing or interesting.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:So you're saying

Theia wrote:

So you're saying women are only smart between 35 and 45 and become stupid again when they get into their mid forties and beyond? lol

After that point its hit or miss.  Of course I feel the same way about males too.  The point is, you are too smart or rather wise to be a young female.  Young females are idiots.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Well I was

Theia wrote:

Not really.  All that is important, in terms of natural selection, is manipulating the woman into believing that you care and, as I have already said, young girls are idiots and the intelligent ones don't "play" that "game" thus do not get their eggs penetrated as often as the dumb ones.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:I care...

Watcher wrote:

I care... fuck.

If onyl it was that simple huh? Sticking out tongue

Quote:

Get yourself a slinky and watch it "walk" down steps.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:I'm BORED.  I

Watcher wrote:

No excuses for boredom. Lying is sinful and you will burn in Hell for that.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote:Not

illeatyourdog wrote:

Not really.  All that is important, in terms of natural selection, is manipulating the woman into believing that you care and, as I have already said, young girls are idiots and the intelligent ones don't "play" that "game" thus do not get their eggs penetrated as often as the dumb ones.

So you're saying there is an evolutionary advantage to being dumb in that your genes will get passed along more often than if you're smart? Well, that explains why theists outnumber atheists!

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I try not to lie. Theia is a

I try not to lie. Theia is a goddess mother of moon magic with a vagina etc too boot !  I love you ..... Feels good ..... thanks for being you ..... the bliss of your goddess spell .....   

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote: So you're

Theia wrote:

So you're saying there is an evolutionary advantage to being dumb in that your genes will get passed along more often than if you're smart? Well, that explains why theists outnumber atheists!

More or less, however, I will add that it is an evolutionary disadvantage for the male to actually take the time to know, attempt to understand, an ultimately care about the woman since, that, along with taking a huge amount of time, usually has the opposite effect of the female not seeing the male as a potential mate due to her believing in "keeping the the friendship" thus, will go mate with an idiot instead because young girls, as stated earlier, have an absolute complete lack of rationality and logic when it comes to determining proper mates.  Simply to be accurate, however, guys are not any better in that respect since guys have little to no problem with throwing their innate rationality and logic out the window if it means gettin' them sum, or rather, gettin' them sum with a hot chick.  The signifigance of gettin' them sum is exponentially based on the hotness of the female (which never take into account the intelligence of the female).

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Smoking should be banned

Smoking should be banned anywhere except private homes. Anyone smoking in public should be charged with attempted murder - or at least reckless endangerment. Seriously, we don't let people shoot up heroin or snort cocaine - tobacco is just as addictive and heroin and cocaine users don't harm everyone around them like smokers do.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Smoking

MattShizzle wrote:

Smoking should be banned anywhere except private homes. Anyone smoking in public should be charged with attempted murder - or at least reckless endangerment. Seriously, we don't let people shoot up heroin or snort cocaine - tobacco is just as addictive and heroin and cocaine users don't harm everyone around them like smokers do.

Yeah, just the other week a Marlboro deal turned bad and there was a big shoot out resulting in a lot of deaths the next county over.  Also I read that a baby was killed, gutted, and stuffed with tobacco to smuggle it across the border from Mexico into the US a few years ago....oh wait.  That was cocaine.  My bad.

srsly you guys.  The war on drugs needs to go away, hardcore drugs should be seriously controlled and taxed, and everyone needs to chill out on this drug shit.

If you drive anything that burns fossil fuels you are harming everyone.  So you should be charged with attempted murder for driving it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The big difference is

The big difference is driving is necessary for keeping society in any way resembling the way it is. Smoking has no benefits and is extremely harmful.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:The war on

Watcher wrote:

The war on drugs needs to go away, hardcore drugs should be seriously controlled and taxed, and everyone needs to chill out on this drug shit.

Damn liberals just want to ruin our country by turning everyone into lazy drug addicts on welfare! And always with the taxes! Raise the taxes! Tax everything! Taxes, taxes, taxes! Eye-wink

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:The big

MattShizzle wrote:

The big difference is driving is necessary for keeping society in any way resembling the way it is. Smoking has no benefits and is extremely harmful.

I can the same thing about Alcohol too.  Look what happened when that was declared illegal . . .

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog

illeatyourdog wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

I can the same thing about Alcohol too.  Look what happened when that was declared illegal . . .

Alcohol is necessary, absolutely!

The reason is, as argued earlier, it's mostly attractive dumb women who get laid and thus pass on their genes. It was also implied that intellegent women are not so attractive. Therefore, the only way to keep humans somewhat intelligent is to make sure men have alcohol so they will see intelligent women as attractive enough to have sex with and thus pass on intelligent genes. Otherwise we'd already be as it is in the movie, Idiocracy. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Let's touch, Theia has a

Let's touch,  Theia has a spell on me, of wonderful LUST         girl stuff , set it free !   ,  More for all   ....... 

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Let's

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Let's touch,  Theia has a spell on me, of wonderful LUST         girl stuff , set it free !   ,  More for all   ....... 

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Alcohol is

Theia wrote:

The reason is, as argued earlier, it's mostly attractive dumb women who get laid and thus pass on their genes. It was also implied that intellegent women are not so attractive. Therefore, the only way to keep humans somewhat intelligent is to make sure men have alcohol so they will see intelligent women as attractive enough to have sex with and thus pass on intelligent genes. Otherwise we'd already be as it is in the movie, Idiocracy. 

You know . . . . you might be on to something!!!

Gorzak
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:I loved

nigelTheBold wrote:

I loved Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? It was a great book, partly because of its exploration of ideas like that.

In my senior year in high school, I read shelves worth of sci fi from the school library. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bladerunner is the book I was talking about. I love the Blade runner movie, I missed the book it was based on, but it doesn't connect to my point nearly as much as the book I was actually referring to. It's kinda like I, Robot the book vs I, Robot the movie. Why limit yourself to making a movie based off of the plot you are taking the title from, or stick with a title you don't like when there are titles from unrelated plots that will sell tickets better? Even so, I like all 4 works I absorbed, and don't doubt that I would also like the one I haven't.

nigelTheBold wrote:

I think you're on to something. While I am against eugenics for very much the same reasons you state, what you describe isn't eugenics, nor social darwinism. You're basically providing a way to make sure the children of those who are willing to take advantage of the system will not grow up disadvantaged by their parents' poor choices.

Yes, they are very much two seperate points. To a degree, they are also contradictary. First I advocate a eugenics/welfare system, then explain that it could easily be expanded to eugenics/health care, and then follow up by concluding that I am against eugenics.

nigelTheBold wrote:

I had a similar idea this morning, in response to a different thread. Basically, take those who wish to take advantage of the system, and place them in communities with only the basic amenities. Television would consist entirely of news and educational programs. The internet would be strictly regulated. No movie theater, no shopping mall, no PS3s or XBoxes or any other form of advanced entertainment. They would have the chance to sign up for distance education, volunteer for work activities in exchange for entertainment perks (such as hours on a game system, or watching a movie), and so forth. Basic amenities would be provided, to ensure they have an essential living standard, but their quality of life would be restricted.

I believe this would satisfy both my liberal social tendencies, and also my libertarian bent. It would have to be managed so that it offered people a chance to better themselves and escape into the real world as productive members of society. Basically, it would be voluntary, but if you want social support, such as food and shelter, you'd have to relocate to this rather bland community.

Anyway, just an idea to adjunct yours.

Yes, your writing feels as if you came up with essentially the same idea that I had. Survival and relative comfort assured, you would want for nothing aside from stimulation. Oppritunities to grow or contribute value would need to be abundant. To expand it a little bit, prisons would be similar, excepting for locked doors. So my plan would include those volunteering to opt out of contributing to society, and those who opt out of the social contract by breaking it. I am very much against involuntary recourses and believe even those who choose to break the social contract of a community should always have the choice to relocate to a community that accepts them, or even unused land outside a community while we still have some.

I think that a lot of people enrolling in the volunteer portion would remain for the remainder of thier lives. That doesn't bother me, I expected that and included the fix in the system.  Lifelong members of the freeloaders club don't pass down thier genetics. Evolution works. I predict lifelong membership will decline. We can't change the genetics of a child of someone who decides to become a member, but we do know that the parent will be a bad example of behavior. If we want the kid to do better than the parent, we have to be prepared to provide the child with better examples and better training. If that low standard is met or exceeded, we should reasonably expect better results from the child than from the parent.

There are a lot of conflicting goals and potential problems. We want a safety net in case we are unemployed and poverty stricken. Its hard to justify living in a nation of wealth and letting people living here starve or die of exposure. At the same time, we don't want people who are in a welfare system to feel there is a barrier to contributing to society. My biggest concern is that in the current system we are rewarding those people unable or unwilling to contribute for duplicating thier genetics, which may be partly responsible. Environmental influence and behavioral training largely make up the part thats not genetic, and we are leaving this too to those who do not contribute.

My moral instincts say that it is wrong to sterilize people as a condition for aid, or to take children away from parents who love them and are not abusing them. Given the choice between those evils or a slow progression to a more and more unsustainable economy with an eventual collapse leading to widespread famine, I would choose the former. I think it is likely consequence if our current system stays unchanged.

That being said, I am sometimes overly cynical. I can also carry things to the extreme. I recently read something I think i found here that suggested a fixed % of a social group is going to have deviant behavior, even if you repeatedly remove the individuals displaying the deviant behavior. I could be wrong.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:The reason is,

Theia wrote:
The reason is, as argued earlier, it's mostly attractive dumb women who get laid and thus pass on their genes.

This may be more because the attractive intelligent women are smart enough to figure out birth control.

Theia wrote:
It was also implied that intellegent women are not so attractive.

... which is total bullshit.

Theia wrote:
Therefore, the only way to keep humans somewhat intelligent is to make sure men have alcohol so they will see intelligent women as attractive enough to have sex with and thus pass on intelligent genes.

Intelligence, like height and other genetic attributes, tends to revert to the mean, with outliers being our "geniuses". What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter who procreates, there's no way to predict how to produce smart people.

Now get me a beer.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Now get me a

Quote:
Now get me a beer.

Hey hey hey!!!!  Its "get me a beer now woman!!!  Then make me some dinner!"

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theia wrote:Alcohol is

Theia wrote:

I believe this is called the "Beer Goggles Theory".

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Garth Brooks has some great

Garth Brooks has some great music under his belt.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 I got friends in low

I got friends in low places, ummm sounds similar to a Heavy Metal feeling ....    

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote: I

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

I got friends in low places, ummm sounds similar to a Heavy Metal feeling ....    

Well, I don't like that one.

I think The Dance is a gorgeous song, though. Ditto for The River.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have another one, I

I have another one, I thought of this in a really shitty day, so much so I had to sleep the anger off just to be able to type, so please keep that in mind while reading:

All governments should imminent domain every piece of land, every natural resource, every intellectual right, and just about every thing, right now. That way people will finally see things as they are: a big dick that the upper 1% keeps jamming up our asses, while telling us that "it's for our own good". Once this point sinks in, people would rise up in a world wide revolt, note, R E V O L T, not revolution, which usually ends up with different pricks wearing the same powdered wigs, perpetuating the same fucking status quo. No, I'm talking Thunder Dome time in a planetary scale. Survival of the fittest? Fuck that shit, I say survival or the craziest, most goddamned cruel motha fucka. I wanna see wallmart employees snap out of their zombie-like state and start jamming red hot, red pepper-covered screw drivers up their patron's fingernails, I wanna see grade school kids in pipebomb 101 classes, I wanna see school directors being burned at boiler rooms one limb at the time (while the limbs are still attached to the rest of the body) by expelled kids whose only mistake was not to conform to a paranoid dress code. I wanna see virgin 30 year old otakus kidnapping teenagers and dressing them as whoever anime girl/boy they masturbate to and then raping them until they die of a heart attack right on top of them. I wanna see those liberal, politically correct, "lets-respect-everyone's-feelings" assholes having to fight to the teeth just to get a loaf of bread, I wanna see emos beating the shit out of jocks and bullies using big bundles of cameras and cellphones all tied up by their cords while listening to crappy music. I wanna see catholic priests being gang raped by big, fat, sadistic donkeys and bulls on viagra, and finally, I wanna see this planet being destroyed by a meteor the size of jupiter, because people here on earth couldn't decide if the best way to deal with it was praying or just craping our pants.

In short, I wanna see humanity snap from our current vegetative state and give our species the much deserved, much delayed enema it needs, even if that reduce us to a few thousands. Fuck it, beats the hell out of the alternative.

[psychotic rant off]

Damn, that came out worst that I intended...

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  just saying WE are a

just saying WE are a song, everyone is a singer, and the cosmos is a symphony, and MOTLEY CRUE  rules !  

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Garth

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Garth Brooks has some great music under his belt.

And you dare to call yourself rational!!!  Be gone with you boy!!!

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
NEW THOUGHTS.Dogs and

NEW THOUGHTS.

Dogs and especially cats in the US should be bred like wildfires in order to feed the starving people in Africa and elsewhere. Animals needing to be euthanized should be shipped overseas to the hungry before being slaughtered in order to keep the meat fresh.

If you are not strong enough to survive a little second-hand smoke as an adult then by all means do the world a favor and shut yourself inside of a HEPA filtered box because your genes aren't worthy enough to pass on anyway.

An electric transit system ran by computers criss-crossing every city in North America would be easily powered by getting rid of every fucking lit billboard advertisement. It's easy. Call for a 'pod', input source and destination, and then ride. Completely remove drivers from their driver's seats and we can eliminate the need for license plates, insurance, gasoline, drive-bys, roads, accidents, and many more driving related problems. One casualty of this is the loss of truckstop whores. I will miss them.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Good ideas darth, worth

Good ideas darth, worth working on. Freeze the animal meat, and restaurant left overs, and store expired food. Legalize prostitution and whore stops .....