What are you most controversial opinions

Fire
Fire's picture
User is offlineOffline

I am in the mood to vent. I have opinions that I can't talk openly about at work and in my conservative area, would get beat up for discussing since this is a place where advocating using nuclear weapons against Mecca is not all the controversial.

- As an atheist and a bright, simply admitting that I do not believe in god is deeply offensive to some people, particularly ones whose religious beliefs indicate that everyone should be converted to their religion. The planet as a whole would be better off without religion, especially Islam and Christianity.

- I am a white person and I agree whole-heartly with Kanye West when he said George Bush doesn't care about Black people and all the things he said leading up to that. For five days George Bush did absolutely nothing to help the victims of Katrina, he remained on vacation, even going out to play guitar with some celebrity for a photo op. After the city went to total chaos he ordered the national guard to shoot those looters, meanwhile white families caught up in the disaster were said to be "finding" supplies. We know George Bush doesn't care about black people because we he finally got off his ass to do something, he CONGRATULATED the man responsible for hundreds of dead and dying people in New Orleans as doing a "heck of a job."

- George Bush stole the election by illegally disenfranchising black voters with a list of "felons" that had an absurd number of false positives because the criteria for being on the list was being the same race, and having the same name as a felon. Only we can't talk about this because bringing up this historical fact labels us conspiracy theorists despite being well documented.

-There are dozens of crimes committed by the Bush administration that should warrant impeachment and all of them alone are far worse than cheating on your wife with a fat Jewish intern in the oval office. Republicans are massive hypocrites and Democrats are tiny cowards for not impeaching this fuck head. Bush's overwhelming incompetence is proof that 9-11 was not planned by him or anyone working for him since the towers actually fell.

-George Bush is a liar. His administration lied about weapons of mass destruction. They went by intelligence that they knew was false because they had been wanting to conquer Iraq and its oil for years. Even now the future oil revenue is being divided up amongst the oil corporations and is going to be used not for the benefit of Iraqis but for the benefit of George Bush's friends.

-Our use of depleted uranium is a war crime and I hold the pentagon responsible for every birth defect that happens in Iraq. Someone needs to give shaking the evil out of the pentagon another try.

-Hilary Clinton and other democrats were not deceived by Bush, they voted for the war knowing he was full of shit but were to cowardly to call Bush out on his lies, which is pretty much the same reason they voted for the patriot act.

-Crack Cocaine was intentionally let into this country by the CIA under Regan because we had alliances to maintain with right wing drug lords. The fact that it devastated the black community was convenient source of revenue and labor for the increasingly privatized prisons that tend to support the right wing

-Reagan was a miserable excuse for a president and it is a pity that he didn't spend his last days homeless and alone like the thousands of mentally ill people he threw out on the street to build more bombs, or die penniless and broken like the black single mothers he vilified, or die in a blazing inferno or from chemical burns that would cover 100% of his body like the children of Iran killed by weapons he supplied to Iraq.

-The longest running failure of policy is the war on (some) drugs but no one, once elected, has the courage to admit the nakedness of the king and do something to stop it. DEA agents and the police in general have become increasingly militarized because kicking down doors like jack booted fascists is pretty much the only way to enforce drug laws. The war on drugs had racists motivations as an excuse to lock up Mexicans and Asians, served as a useful tool to lock up young critics of the Vietnam war who had also expanded their minds by experimenting with altering the consciousness, and continues to be used as a weapon against minorities.  Blacks account for 15% of the users of pot and about 80% of arrests, and the children of the wealthy are given far more lenient sentences in the criminal justice system.

-Sodomy and Fornication are healthy natural and normal and it is ludicrous to think that we can stop teen pregnancy by teaching only abstanence. We also should teach tolerance of homosexuality and sex ed should cover issues relevant to gay sex.

- I do not pledge allegiance to the flag, the united states, or the god it is under.

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
controvercial opinion/suggestion

I once suggested that any catholics interested in becoming martyrs (or not) be loaded onto a plane, strapped with bomber vests and flown over to mecca during hajj (whatever it's called where the muslims congregate once a year in Saudi Arabia.  Then either fly the plane into the hajj or have the catholics parachute down and time their respective detonations for 10 to 20 feet above ground and then crash the plane into the hajj.  

I also proposed disguising the handicapped, mentally ill or chronically ill in burqas with bomber vests and sending them to the mosque in time for prayers any day but expecially Friday and setting off their devices at the propicious moment.  Same goes for any catholic church.  

I'm basically an equal opportunity murder/bomber.  Any religious organization will do but in particular the two religions that have caused the most pain and suffering should get their 'just rewards'. Yes I would even go after the jews in similar fashion.  How else can the complete eradication of the abrahmic religions be accomplished.  

The sad part is, I don't even feel bad about having such thoughts.  Some much evil from the descendants of one man and the derivitaves of his monotheism.

Hey:  Has anybody tried to figure out if it's some kind of genetic defect Abraham passed on to his children?  Possibly a sexually transmitted disease?  This 'talking' to god/angels' delusion seems to have been only passed on among the semitic peoples (if you discount looney's like Joseph Smith (LDS/Mormon).   Also, anybody know if mohammed tried to trace his descent from ishmael to justify his claim to be a profit (in the tradition of judaism)? 

>>>>

"Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition"...Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes"...James Feibleman (1904-1987)

Respectfully, Lyz

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lyzandra Daria wrote:The sad

Lyzandra Daria wrote:

The sad part is, I don't even feel bad about having such thoughts.

They're just thoughts. It's a fairly Christian idea to feel bad about thoughts a la Sermon on the Mount, like with the plucking out of the eye that offends you and all.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lyzandra Daria wrote:I once

Lyzandra Daria wrote:

I once suggested that any catholics interested in becoming martyrs (or not) be loaded onto a plane, strapped with bomber vests and flown over to mecca during hajj (whatever it's called where the muslims congregate once a year in Saudi Arabia.  Then either fly the plane into the hajj or have the catholics parachute down and time their respective detonations for 10 to 20 feet above ground and then crash the plane into the hajj.  

That won't work.  Catholics believe that suicide is a one way ticket to hell.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:That won't

Watcher wrote:

That's hilarious. I imagined you considering it for a second: "Hmm ... no, dammit, that won't work."

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Quote:In

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
In what respect are these things desirable? In fact I think this is extremely undesirable. Liberty is important for human flourishing. Just because we are facing a climatic catastrophe in the next hundred years or so is no reason to keep tight authoritarian control over people.

Applying to have sex seems an utterly alien and demeaning concept. Things such as marraige (or similar loving  relationships) are natural to us humans. While I might agree that the institution of marraige is ridiculous, the action of getting married is not at all ridiculous, it's just something we do. Trying to change humans into your perfect image by force is not only pointless but undermines human flourishing. We're imperfect sure, but we don't need eugenics or totalitarianism to change our polluting ways, we just need awareness, education, legal restrictions on pollution and alternative carbon neutral technology.

We should have freedom to do whatever we want where it just regards ourselves, form relationships, procreate, take drugs, whatever. While getting rid of the family relieves some problems, it creates many more, not least the fact that we're psychologically programmed to live in family groups, to be brought up by parental figure(s) and to develop close knit relationships with those close to us.

I do agree however that birth control policies need to be put in place, and that we should have no more than two children.  However, it needs to be carried out more sensitively than in China, forced abortions etc should not be carried out, instead financial incentives are sufficient to implement the policy.

You must've missed my tongue going into my cheek. Sticking out tongue

I think I must've. I feel pretty stupid now. D'uh.

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
Catholic/suicide

Watcher wrote:

Lyzandra Daria wrote:

>>>

Too bad.  But also not necessarily true.  Remember the crusades.  Those crusaders were promised that if they died they would get an automatic pass. 

"All crusades were announced by preaching. After pronouncing a solemn vow, each warrior received a cross from the hands of the pope or his legates, and was thenceforth considered a soldier of the Church. Crusaders were also granted indulgences and temporal privileges, such as exemption from civil jurisdiction, inviolability of persons or lands, etc. "  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04543c.htm

I'm certain the pope would be willing to play 'let's make a deal'.  "Give me your degenerate, drug addicted, sociopathic son or daughter.  If (when) they die, your sins and theirs will be remitted in the afterlife." 

Who is going to tell his popeness that he is full of crap? 

>>>

"Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition"...Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes"...James Feibleman (1904-1987)

Respectfully, Lyz

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
lets see...

- sex on the first date can be a good thing

- drugs should be legal

- prostitution should be legal

- war can be fun

- a world without religion would still be a world with many of the problems which religion seems to produce (religion may be the instrument but i do think the root of religions evils is ultimately a flaw in humanity which is drawn towards conflict/war/destruction/etc... and if the instrument of religion was not available then man would be sure to find or create some other tool to cause similar harm (similar to the harm caused from religion) in the world. <*still, we should do our best to rid ourselves of this flaw and the instruments it uses. hopefully one day we will evolve past this flaw but i do think this flaw would still exist even if their were no religion in the world.*>

- mixed martial arts (UFC, Pride, etc.) is the greatest sport of all time

- condoleezza rice is sexy

- keanu reeves is a good actor

- william s. burroughs is the best ever fiction writer  

- there should be a campus crusade for atheists at every college and university in the nation

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
OH NO. We're not letting

OH NO.

We're not letting this one go yet.

If you have contemplated suicide(many have) and you did not do it THEN we want to hear about it and what got you through the crisis.

If you are thinking about suicide and post in OPEN FUCKING FORUMS while thinking about it then just go ahead and do it. Obviously, if you think an internet forum is the best place to get help THEN YOU NEED HELP!

If you're contemplating suicide over a lost love then for fuck's sake LEARN THE JOYS OF MASTURBATION instead of typing.

How's THAT for extreme?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: If you're

darth_josh wrote:

If you're contemplating suicide over a lost love then for fuck's sake LEARN THE JOYS OF MASTURBATION instead of typing.

How's THAT for extreme?

Thats weak suace.  Masturbating over the corpse of your dream girl on top of a bear while trying to catch bird crap in your mouth.  Now thats extreme.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote: - keanu

John Paul wrote:

I am not alone!!!

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hopefully this is a new

Hopefully this is a new one.  Either feminism has failed and never had chance and women are too dumb to notice or feminism has succeeded and women are just too stubborn to let a view, that they created (all by themselves!), go.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote:-

John Paul wrote:

Damn man An Austin Powers' line comes to mind: "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day!"

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
albedo_00 wrote:John Paul

albedo_00 wrote:

John Paul wrote:

Damn man An Austin Powers' line comes to mind: "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day!"

if i could say "hey man i fucked pamela anderson", then ok, i would have something to say that would grab peoples' attention for the moment; but if could say "hey man i fucked condeleezza rice/margret thatcher" then i'd have a story that no one could possibly forget. i live for the tale to tell. i jerk off to the image others are afraid to imagine.

keep it real & take it easy,

jp

=) 

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline

John Paul wrote:

Hear hear!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Okay, seriously stop with

Okay, seriously stop with the Keanu Reeves. The guy looks like he's carrying a surf board no matter what he's doing in a movie.

"I know kung fu."

C'mon.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, I guess it's a bad thing

So, I guess it's a bad thing that I cheered when Neo died. LMAO.

It's a good damned thing I didn't write the matrix or as soon as his flake-ass was dusted, the sentinels would have attacked and rounded up the little batteries and stuffed them back into the tubes.

I'm busy as fuck at work, but I'll check in this thread as often as I can.

Perhaps if we get our obnoxiousness out here, we can better serve humanity(not as a dish) out there.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lyzandra Daria wrote:Too

Lyzandra Daria wrote:

Too bad.  But also not necessarily true.  Remember the crusades.  Those crusaders were promised that if they died they would get an automatic pass. 

What about the crusades involved suicide?  Dieing in battle isn't the same as killing yourself.  Dieing is not a sin.  Killing yourself is.

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

George Lucas is the worst director in the history of movies.  Star Wars II, Attack of the Clones is the worst movie ever made.

I submit to you, Micheal Bay and the Transformers >.>

I win!

any movie directed by Uwe Boll. I win

anyway, on to the rant:

-I agree that cellphones are annoying as all hell in the hands of an asshole. some company should make a small portable device that emits an small EMP shockwave in the direction fired in so assholes with cellphones in movie theaters and the like will get their shit fried and the offending asshole should be promptly kicked in the crutch. I despise phones and only use them if necessary (doctor appointments, business calls and the like).

-I think that natural selection should be left to take its course in the human species. the gene pool could use some chlorine

-there should be suicide machines in every major city, but access to these should only be given after a psych exam to make sure the person trying to die isn't just someone who broke up with their mate or similar situations. these suicide machines should use the corpses for medical research and organ harvesting.

-criminals, if sentenced for a sufficiently bad crime who show no improvement over the course of their incarceration, should essentially be considered organ bags (for lack of a better way of putting it) for the harvesting. while on the subject of dead things for medical use; aborted fetus' should be allowed for use of their stem cells if able.

-I believe I, and every home owner, have the right to injure, brutally or otherwise, any intruder in their house. If I see one I WILL go strait on the offensive and will not hesitate to kill if sufficiently threatened. I have multiple hunting knives, decorative, but functional knives and a katana that I made and will not hesitate to use them. the law will have no effect on my decision (in New Zealand -where I live-, it can and usually is, illegal to harm intruders in your house)

many illicit drugs should be legalized. the drugs legalized should be ones that aren't physically addictive, only mentally addictive like cannabis, acid and the like (I don't know if that will come out right, but it doesn't matter)

-cannibalism between consenting parties should be legal.

-the creator of 'loose change' should be fastened to a rotary clothes line by his scrotum and spun at high speed 'till he is spewing from both ends for unleashing said monstrosity of a documentary and creating leagues of drooling morons who cannot find out how to use some fucking critical thinking about the so called 'evidence' presented and the 'experts' consulted in loose change.

-rapists should be castrated with glowing hot blades. false accusers should be returned the same treatment.

-restaurants and similar venues should be able to kick out or outright band people with bastardously annoying or loud children without repercussions or lawsuits filed against them. I share the sentiment that people without children should not have to accommodate social gatherings for those with children. it is not our fucking problem if you have kids and cant find a bay sitter for them (or don't want to). the "you don't have kids so shut up" statement should always be countered with a "go fuck yourself. they're your problem not mine" or similar statement . some of use have house layouts that are not designed to be child friendly. currently where I am sitting in my bedroom, I have at arms reach, 2 swords hanging on my walls, one (very sharp) katana, a USMC ka-bar, a hunting knife, and 3 or 4 decorative knives that are as sharp, if not sharper than my kitchen knives with half of these unsheathed. I also have 2 computers, 2 stereos and multiple monitor screens and various other equipment and delicate material near me that I plan to not let children any where near. that being said, my brother does bring his 2 kids over sometimes and the like to invade my room but they know not to go fiddling with my stuff, lest they get electrocuted or cut.

-marriage early in life is a mistake and should only be used in situations of using loopholes in immigration laws.

-conspiracy theorists should not be tolerated unless the produce solid evidence, and if they produce half assed, bullshit evidence, they should be dealt to physically.

-every school for teenagers should have a mandatory sex ed class that cannot be interfered with by faculty, regardless of it being private or not. this class should also cover parenting and pretty much every subject attached to sex ed.

-people should be held responsible for all of their actions. laying the blame for something on some imagined mental or physical disorder should be met with harsher punishments.

-every 'reality tv' show producer should be shot on sight, as well as all of these 'american idol' type shows (NZ is to blame for starting this fad many years ago with some show where the end result was a pop group named 'true bliss' that only ever made one album). the situation has gotten out of control with such shows as 'so you think you can dance' 'singing bee' (like a spelling bee but with people who cannot sing, trying to sing the words to a random song - fucking horrible show) and many others that I don't care to remember.

-gang members should be removed from society and in some cases, executed, if they cannot be a functioning part of it while obeying the legal system

-PETA members should have raw meat thrown at them from people wearing leather and fur. they should be forced to eat steak while watching a live rodeo and their hypocrisy should be made available for worldwide viewing and they should be given the same treatment as the animals entrusted to their care (90% of which were euthanized)

-guns should only be available to licensed and evaluated individuals (I don't live in america, so don't "2'nd amendment" me)

-single country leaders should be abolished and replaced by a party system where the members of a senate-like system have to agree over a margin of over 70% of all participants for laws and acts to be put into motion/the legal system.

that should do for now...

shikko
User is offlineOffline

John Paul wrote:

People like you give atheism a bad name.  Stay good!

illeatyourdog wrote:

I am not alone!!!

If you keep that shit up, you will be.

Loc wrote:

Hear hear!

*tsk* And I had such high hopes for you, what with the pineapple pizza and all...

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
dont hate... appreciate

HisWillness wrote:

Okay, seriously stop with the Keanu Reeves. The guy looks like he's carrying a surf board no matter what he's doing in a movie.

"I know kung fu."

C'mon.

- the brotherhood of justice

- permanent record

- dangerous liaisons

- bill & ted's excellent adventure

- parenthood

- i love you to death

- point break

- bill & ted's bogus journey

- my own private idaho

- dracula

- much ado about nothing

- little buddha

- speed

- a walk in the clouds

- feeling minnesota

- the devil's advocate

- the matrix

- the replacements

- the watcher

- sweet november

- hard ball

- the matrix reloaded

- the matrix revolutions

- thumbsucker

- constantine

- a scanner darkly

- the lake house

- street kings

carrying a surfboard in one hand and an impressive resume in the other. dont be afraid to admit that you liked or would like a few of these movies and mr. hollywood

surfer's performances did not / would not harm the merits of these movies (i dare say his performances added to the merits of these movies). you can go ahead and hate and i will be unashamed to appreciate. i look forward to learning about his craft in his inevitable appearance in Inside The Actor's Studio.   

peace,

jp

=)

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote:if i could

John Paul wrote:

if i could say "hey man i fucked pamela anderson", then ok, i would have something to say that would grab peoples' attention for the moment; but if could say "hey man i fucked condeleezza rice/margret thatcher" then i'd have a story that no one could possibly forget.

Well brother, that's certainly and image that won't be coming out of my head in a long time.

John Paul wrote:
i live for the tale to tell. i jerk off to the image others are afraid to imagine.

keep it real & take it easy,

jp

I'll have a drink to that, cheers!

*an image of Rice's split tooth comes to mind and shivers*

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't say the crusaders commited suicide

However...

consider the life status of most of the crusaders.  Yes, I will concede that they 'believed' they were fighting the good fight.  Ignorance is no excuse.  They were duped, fooled and 'tricked'.

most were the underprivileged and those seeking a better life, through conquest and subjugation of another ethnic group of people, e.g., take their land from them.  $h!t, at one point, a group of crusaders were orphan children.  Talk about perverse humor (god is a jokester).

In the crusades, just as many (?) christians and jews were killed by christians fighting muslims in an effort to 'recapture' or 'free' the 'holy land'. 

And what wasn't virtually suicidal (vs heroic) about going into battle where you know the other side is going to try to kill you.  If you died, you were granted whatever 'indulgence'. Crusaders were much more 'willing' to risk their lives BECAUSE they believed they would either go to their heavenly reward or spend less time in 'purgatory' before going to their heavenly reward.  

That, to me, constitutes a mental illness or defect.   As I see it, crusaders were 'fundamentalists' with a will to kill or be killed.  They either expected to gain land and hold it for their 'religion' (and personal benefit) or die.  More importantly, IMO, if they didn't succeed, they were better off dead.

Respectfully, Lyz

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
shikko wrote:If you keep

shikko wrote:

If you keep that shit up, you will be.

My shit usually falls into the toilet, or the ground if I decide to shit off the toilet Eye-wink

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arkanrais wrote:I submit to

Arkanrais wrote:

I submit to you, Micheal Bay and the Transformers >.>

Quote:
any movie directed by Uwe Boll. I win

You clearly havn't seen Catwoman, Electra or R.O.T.O.R.  And you can't forget Mark Steven Johnson who gave us Daredevil and Ghost Rider.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: How

Hambydammit wrote:

How about this:

- Hollywood is incapable of making an interesting movie.  Advanced CGI is the worst thing to ever happen to movies anywhere.

I suppose Fight Club doesn't count?

Quote:
The worst thing about American movies is that they give the impression that the only way emotions may be expressed is through yelling. 

I drink your . . . .  MILKSHAKE!!!!!

Quote:
There is not nearly enough nudity in movies.  There is entirely too much violence.

Nudity is boring and violence makes things interesting.  The only way nudity can be interesting is if the body is modified in some way like the three-titted chick from Total Recall or if the body is badly injured.  But a naked body by itself, it's just pointless unless its cold or if the naked body is aroused for one reason or another.

Quote:
Car chases are the most boring kind of scene ever invented.

Hollywood love scenes are the most boring scene ever thought up because there is no conflict in love scenes.  Rape scenes on the other hand are very interesting because there is a pretty direct and clear conflict.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote:- - mixed

John Paul wrote:

-

- mixed martial arts (UFC, Pride, etc.) is the greatest sport of all time

I like MMA .  I especially love to watch Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva.

I prefer pure striking sports as a rule though , eg, K1.   The super heavy weight fighter from France, Jerome Lebanner ( 6'3", 267 lbs ) is one of my favorite strikers to watch ( among others, of course )

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/jerome%2Blebanner/video/x40cwl_jerome-lebanner-vs-gary-goddrige_sport

I also love the martial art / sport of Muay Thai.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
shikko wrote:John Paul

shikko wrote:

John Paul wrote:

Haha! John Paul, it's a travesty! Also, you have to appreciate shikko's not pulling his punches with a guy who also wrote "war can be fun!"

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:The worst

Hambydammit wrote:
The worst thing about American movies is that they give the impression that the only way emotions may be expressed is through yelling. 

I blame Al Pacino for this. It's pretty much his entire repertoire. At first, when he was doing the Godfather, it looked like he was going to be a good actor because he was so successfully creepy, but then people must have told him he was awesome when he was crazy, so he reduced his acting to hitting tables and yelling.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Paul wrote:surfer's

John Paul wrote:

surfer's performances did not / would not harm the merits of these movies (i dare say his performances added to the merits of these movies). you can go ahead and hate and i will be unashamed to appreciate. i look forward to learning about his craft in his inevitable appearance in Inside The Actor's Studio.   

This clearly would be better as a discussion after a few beers that turns into a drunken brawl. I have fond memories of wrecking a friend's $2 set of patio furniture getting in an argument over how awesome I thought Christopher Lee was. My friend took exception to the point of getting up out of his chair, and we were both drunk enough to just go right there. That is, until he gave me the most awesome knee to the head which sent me crashing into the aforementioned patio set, cracking the plastic table in half in the most dramatic way possible. Chaos ensued. Ah good times.

Anyway, sadly, this is the internet, so when I say that the list of movies you supplied is something I would write on toilet paper so that I know I could only improve it by wiping my ass with it, there will be no drunken brawl. Ah well.

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
war can be fun

HisWillness wrote:

John Paul wrote:

This clearly would be better as a discussion after a few beers that turns into a drunken brawl. I have fond memories of wrecking a friend's $2 set of patio furniture getting in an argument over how awesome I thought Christopher Lee was. My friend took exception to the point of getting up out of his chair, and we were both drunk enough to just go right there. That is, until he gave me the most awesome knee to the head which sent me crashing into the aforementioned patio set, cracking the plastic table in half in the most dramatic way possible. Chaos ensued. Ah good times.

Anyway, sadly, this is the internet, so when I say that the list of movies you supplied is something I would write on toilet paper so that I know I could only improve it by wiping my ass with it, there will be no drunken brawl. Ah well.

war can be fun just as drunkin' brawls can be fun. live to tell the tale and have another drink. one thing we can agree on is the fact that christopher lee is indeed awesome.

keep it real & take it easy,

=)

shikko
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:shikko

HisWillness wrote:

shikko wrote:

John Paul wrote:

Haha! John Paul, it's a travesty! Also, you have to appreciate shikko's not pulling his punches with a guy who also wrote "war can be fun!"

I'm completely understanding of that: there is a certain amount of -- well, amusement isn't the best word, but it's close; contentment, maybe? -- in destruction, and I think it's folly to claim otherwise.

But this whole Keanu thing is crazy-talk.  Anyone who says the second half of "kung fu" like it has a W in it cannot be described in the same terms as Guy Pearce.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:this whole Keanu thing

shikko wrote:

this whole Keanu thing is crazy-talk.  Anyone who says the second half of "kung fu" like it has a W in it cannot be described in the same terms as Guy Pearce.

it is best that mr. pearce did memento and mr. reeves did bill & ted's bogus journey. i enjoy both films and i am glad that these two actors were cast in them. keanu cant be guy and guy cant be keanu. thank goodness for that. i dont want to choose between the two. both are good films with good acting and that's just the way it is. again, dont hate... appreciate. keep in mind the fact that i think movies are best viewed under the influence of one substance or another (personally i prefer jack daniels). perhaps you will be able to appreciate the work of keanu more if you were not sober. whatever gets you there. you will soon find that this approach will open your mind to the talents of many others. The Stupids (staring tom arnold) is one of the most brilliant movies of all time. thanks jack.        peace, jp =) 

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline

I think, that everything people propagate, they should first try for themselves, to be sure, if it's adequate for others. If everyone would hold with that rule, the world would be much nicer place. For example:
Adolf Hitler wanted to erradicate Jews and other inferior races. If he would try it on himself first, he would be dead and millions of other people alive.
If drug dealers would want to sell drugs, they first should try every sample of their stuff and they'd see, if it really doesn't threaten a health of customers.
Religional fanatics back in medieval ages wanted to purge a sinners by burning them. How they could be absolutely sure it would purge the sin? Only if they would try it, this is what they ought do.
When Arkanrais propagates things like frying people's cell phones, suicide machines, making someone an unvoluntary organ donor, brutal injuring of people, that thing involving the hanging on scrotum, shooting someone on sight and throwing a raw meat at people, and so on, he should try it everything in such an order, to stay alive long enough to experience as much of it as he can and verify, if it's really adequate.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Arkanrais
Arkanrais's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:I think, that

Luminon wrote:

I think, that everything people propagate, they should first try for themselves, to be sure, if it's adequate for others. If everyone would hold with that rule, the world would be much nicer place. -snip-

AHA! a (possible) flaw with your plan: testing medical treatments or using treatment for various ailments on the healthy (methadone on those not addicted to crystal meth, chemo on people without cancer etc.). My bet is that you would have to be sick for a treatment to show accurate results or an annoying son of a bitch with a cellphone to see if having it fried would make you stop using one (and give the other people in the vicinity a break from their constant obnoxious blabber).

illeatyourdog wrote:
You clearly havn't seen Catwoman, Electra or R.O.T.O.R.  And you can't forget Mark Steven Johnson who gave us Daredevil and Ghost Rider.

yes those are awful movies, but Uwe Boll is one of, if not the highest failures when it comes to game to movie projects (or making movies in general). his first movies not only failed, but lost money, not even breaking even and his latest movies are only making money from people who have played the games he is making a movie of and would like to see them on the big screen. he is almost singlehandedly killing what could possibly be a great industry collaboration. and there is a petition for him to stop directing, when I signed it on the 7th,  the signature count was at 36,000, now its over 170,000 (uwe boll said he would consider stopping if it reaches 1,000,000) : http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?RRH53888

John Paul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
the church of motha-fuckin' keanu

the church of chuck norris has lost its way. chuck is just a huckabee/creation "science" puppet. keanu is our true leader. along with being the bass player for the legendary rock group "Dog Star" (it's only a matter of time before vh1 behind the music tells their story) he is also an actor destined for Inside The Actors Studio (if Billy Joel & Queen Latifah can be a guest on that program then Keanu most certainly can as well). purchase a bottle of jack, get yourself a large coke/cherry coke/dr. pepper, and then you go see "Street Kings"... jack + large coke/cherry coke/dr. pepper + Street Kings = a keanu believer.

peace,

jp

=)

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What are you most

"EAT THE RICH"  .....  a no brainer ..... fuck them .....  as others starve .... eat them !

The rich are the enemy  .....  they like it the way it is ..... Kill them now    

Gorzak
User is offlineOffline
  I have had people take

I have had people take issue with my stance on socialized welfare. I think we have enough wealth to provide comfortable safe lodging and an excess of calories and nutrients to everyone who chooses not to contribute. A lifetime guarantee of these things in exchange for permanent sterilization and custody of any existing children would leave both parties feeling like they were getting the better of the exchange. If continuing your genetic and/or memetic heritige is important to you, then you must have a minimum of competence cooperatively contributing value to your fellow human beings. Should you admit incompetence, society would be ill served by allowing your genetic &/or memetic values to be inherited.

Similarly, on the topic of eugenics, I am inclined to suggest that it be rolled into a comprehensive socialized health care system packaged similarly. The idea is unlimited comprehensive health care, with the cost of permanent sterilization. Blade Runner (the lesser known book, not the more famous movie) was the first place I encountered this idea, and presented it to refute its feasibility. Nevertheless, the system could be modified to make it more fair. A per person quota of free health care before sterilization, categorization of treatment and illness to dis include preventative treatments vs undesirable inheritable defects would all make such a system more workable.

The main reason I hesitate to go as far as saying something like this would be beneficial is because natural selection has often proved superior to human design. We could easily eradicate sickle cell anemia by sterilizing people carrying the genes for it, but from my understanding this genetic "defect" has a positive survival value in areas afflicted by malaria. I think humanity designing its own genetics is a bad idea in general. Wide scale elimination the defects that we perceive to be negative reduces the variety and adaptability of the gene pool. If for some unfathomable reason we started absorbing large quantities of insilun from our environment, diabetes could be an asset. Should man be nearsighted for close up work like electronics, or farsighted to better throw javelins at prey animals? You can't practice eugenics without first answering questions about which genetic traits you are selecting for, and I fear that design will fall short as a creative practice when compared with the existing mechanism of evolution.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was analyzed just a

That was analyzed just a little too much to be controversial.

"Spay or neuter your sick folks, people!"

For a campaign spokesperson... Bob Barker. He hasn't been doing anything lately. Call his old ass out of retirement.

My 'pay to spay a muslim' campaign didn't go over too well. Perhaps better luck will be had with this idea of yours.

Gorzak
User is offlineOffline
Well, I am nervous that my

Well, I am nervous that my statments might be found unreasoned or irrational.

The taking babies away from thier mothers and sterilizing the poor that agree to it was supposed to be contreversial.

I didnt expect the part about how eugenics could be somewhat humanely administered would get any critiques.

I expected there to be some disagreement about whether design is better or worse than natural selection. If eugenics was policy, this would be, but since I am siding with the majority, you are right, not very contreversial at all.

Period
User is offlineOffline
-The female orgasm is the

-The female orgasm is the best part of sex.

-Sex should last for a minimum of 1.5 hours.

-Small doses of LSD (IE, non-psychoactive doses) can cure severe migraines.

-Being straight or gay is not a choice. I should know; I was born straight.

-Homosexuals are great. We need more. Lesbians should cheer up a bit, otherwise we're cool.

-Being straight is nothing to be apologetic about.

-Punk is boring.

-You have to be fucked up for drugs to fuck you up. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of religion. That would be lying.

-Aleister Crowley was one of the greatest comedians of the 20th Century.

-Thomas Ligotti is God.

"'My dear,' Madame Delbene replied, 'the universe runs itself, and the eternal laws inherent in Nature suffice, without any first cause or prime mover, to produce all that is and all that we know; the perpetual movement of matter explains everything: why need we supply a motor to that which is ever in motion? The universe is an assemblage of unlike entities which act and react mutually and successively with and against each other; I discern no start, no finish, no fixed boundaries, this universe I see only as an incessant passing from one state into another, and within it only particular beings which forever change shape and form, but I acknowledge no universal cause behind and distinct from the universe and which gives it existence and which procures the modifications in the particular beings composing it... the absolute contrary holds... We need not fret if we find nothing to substitute for chimeras, and above all let us never accept as cause for what we do not comprehend something else we comprehend even less." - Marquis de Sade, Juliette, pg. 43.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Gorzak wrote:The main reason

Gorzak wrote:

The main reason I hesitate to go as far as saying something like this would be beneficial is because natural selection has often proved superior to human design. We could easily eradicate sickle cell anemia by sterilizing people carrying the genes for it, but from my understanding this genetic "defect" has a positive survival value in areas afflicted by malaria. I think humanity designing its own genetics is a bad idea in general. Wide scale elimination the defects that we perceive to be negative reduces the variety and adaptability of the gene pool. If for some unfathomable reason we started absorbing large quantities of insilun from our environment, diabetes could be an asset. Should man be nearsighted for close up work like electronics, or farsighted to better throw javelins at prey animals? You can't practice eugenics without first answering questions about which genetic traits you are selecting for, and I fear that design will fall short as a creative practice when compared with the existing mechanism of evolution

I agree with this.  Actually I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Period wrote:-The female

Period wrote:

-The female orgasm is the best part of sex.

The female orgasm is absolute total bullshit.  The notion was thought up specifically to make men feel guilty for their efficiency.  Furthermore, there is little question that men need to ejaculate into the vaginal cavity in order for the human race to persist.  It is not necessary, at all, for the woman to feel anything and demanding that THEY must feel something too is just selfish.  Besides, women get the more important and significant task of housing the embryo and fetus and experience something that men cannot possibly even conceive of (pun definitely intended).  If this makes me sexist then any woman who boasts or brags about giving birth is equally sexist, thus, we are both keeping the woman regulated to the role of baby factory since, that is, apparently, the only claim to fame that women can make all by themselves.  Not to mention there is clear, or rather opaque and gooey, evidence that men do indeed orgasm.  Not with woman.  Some squirt, others don't.  They all get wet but even the penis releases a clear fluid before ejaculating so women simply getting wet is not evidence that they can orgasm.  And, lets face, if you are squirting water out an orifice of your body, something is malfunctioning.  Not even tear ducts have the ability to squirt liquid and if someone did, it would be a mild curiosity rather than evidence of anything really significant (does anyone really care about the guy who could spray milk from his tear ducts on the Guinness show?  I sure as hell don't).

Quote:
-Sex should last for a minimum of 1.5 hours.

Sex shouldn't be a big deal.  Great sex does not equal great human being.  Darwin is not considered a great man because he gave it to his wife every night for 1.5 hours nor are any of the founding fathers, in fact, they are notorious to giving to their slaves over their own wives and no one really gives a shit because they founded the fucking country we live in.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
illeatyourdog wrote:Sex

illeatyourdog wrote:

Sex shouldn't be a big deal.  Great sex does not equal great human being.  Darwin is not considered a great man because he gave it to his wife every night for 1.5 hours nor are any of the founding fathers, in fact, they are notorious to giving to their slaves over their own wives and no one really gives a shit because they founded the fucking country we live in.

The way I've heard it, Benjamin Franklin tried to hump everything in a skirt.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:The way I've

Watcher wrote:

Exactly my point.  Does anyone really care if he was actually skilled in intercourse?  Does him being skilled or not skilled in intercourse take away all his discoveries and his involvement in the development of the country we live in?  Of course not.  So why should we give a fuck about great fucking?  People who bitch and moan (or not moan) about having poor sex (conversely brag and boast about having great sex -- something which we can  never confirm, thus have to take it on blind faith that they actually had great sex) or not having sex should shut the fuck up about it and actually do something with their lives that matters.   Not to mention that the sexual experience is entirely subjective.   Rapists thoroughly enjoy the experience of forcing themselves on an unsuspecting and unwilling victim, whereas the victim herself (or himself) thoroughly dreads the experience and is traumatized.  Are we to say that the rapist had incredibly bad sex because the victim did?  Many would like to say this and actually believe this as far as the rapist is concerned, he/she had the best sex ever and will gladly boast about this wonderful experience.   

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:The way I've

Watcher wrote:

"And as in the Dark all Cats are gray ..."

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not so much opinions as a

Not so much opinions as a rant

Rant on christians

• If you drink,do drugs, have premarital sex etc, you are not a liberal xtian, you're a hyprocrite.Well, all xtians are, but you even more so. With the lifestyle you lead you might as well be atheist, but I'd be embarassed to have you associated with me.
  • Don't get drunk and make out with random guys, then preach to me.
  • Don't use medicine or technoligy ever. Anything that is a result of science should be denied to you.If you have a accident and lose your arm. lucky you! All you have to do is pray and get it relpaced. Save thousands on medical bills!
  • Read at least one book before declaring evolution absolutely false.
  • Why do you work or have money problems? Just pray and god will give you all the money you need.
  • Do research before just saying stuff because you heard someone else say it. Eg, the majority of scientists believe in god, evolution is false, the universe's age has been proven to be less the 10,000 years, nothing has ever been proven false from the bible.
  • Do not get sad when a christian dies. If you really believed you would be dancing around because they are with jesus. Just admit deep down you have doubts.
  • Do not ever be sad or depressed. If xtainity is so wonderful and fills that hole in your heart,you should constantly be on a high.the common response is "christians are just people too" well so are atheists, but when I'm depressed it's apparently  because I don't have jesus.

/rant

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Regarding global warming,

Regarding global warming, environmental issues, and the energy crisis, I think people should talk less about using compact fluorescent lightbulbs and more about using condoms.

It's not so much about the "unnatural" things we're doing to the enviornment as much as how many of us are doing it. Most of what humans are doing would be perfectly harmless on a small scale. Nature can recover from most of our offenses if not overwhelmed. We're just doing too much too fast.

An animal, such as a bison or moose, is considered "natural" and fairly harmless to the environment. But if we had 6.5 billion moose wandering around crapping and farting methane gas they'd become a pollution and global warming issue, wouldn't they? Our solution would not be to encourage them to cap their butts with methane traps. We'd just drastically reduce their population.

No one in this day and age needs to have 3, 6, 12 kids.

"The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs" - Bill Maher

Theia
Theia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:- The

Hambydammit wrote:

- The pharmaceutical company is nearly a criminal organization.  Their goal is not to make us well, but to keep us sick.  Fuck "Restless Leg Syndrome."  When there are ads for a psoriasis medicine that has "melanoma" listed as a potential side effect, it's time to reevaluate the industry.

Oh, yeah, I love that. And I love the new one where now, if you're over 50 and have low libido, you are considered "sick" and need to take madication to get back a "normal" libido.

Uhmmm...isn't it perfectly natural to lose your libido after you've passed your prime reproductive years?

"The Bible looks like it started out as a game of Mad Libs" - Bill Maher

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:illeatyourdog

Gaah!  Shit Watcher, can't you find a picture of your homies with their underwear on ?  That's nasty !

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Gaah!  Shit Watcher, can't you find a picture of your homies with their underwear on ?  That's nasty !

Should I black box the privates?