Theists, answer please!

enzoconti
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Theists, answer please!

At some point in time, as a child (and without the assistance of much wiser adults) we all learn by ourselves to reason that Santa Clause and the Easter bunny aren't real. Even religious kids work it out eventually, why can't they just apply the same logic to Jesus? why does the reasoning stop at religion. Isn't that just a matter of choice - you simply choose not to be reasonable about it!

theidiot
TheistTroll
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:QM and S-R

JillSwift wrote:
QM and S-R are contratictory to God? Didn't get that memo.
Sure - anything that explains the universe without needing to posit a "creator god" is contradictory evidence. Of course, the real weakness in that premise is that "god" can be re-defined and re-defined so that no matter how much we understand about the universe, people can keep beliving in it.

Well, what unbelievers such your self don't get, is that your conception of God is a redefining of it, it's neither psychologically informed, or learned by any other standard, it's just quite idiotic. Just because that dumbness is a far as your head can get around, doesn't mean that it as accurate rendition of what the conception of God is. 

"I'm really an idiot! I have my own head way the fuck up my ass! Watch me dig myself into a hole over and over again!" ~Rook Hawkins (just citing sources)

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
theidiot wrote:JillSwift

theidiot wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

And how about those classic no-god arguments?

• There is no evidence of design in the universe.

Are you a troll Jill? 

Earlier you claimed that we couldn't determine design in the universe, implying a designer, now you're claiming that we can see that there is no design in the universe? 

So what is it? How is an argument for design, an argument for god?

What would evidence for design look like?

If you can't say what it would look like, how would you be able to determine there is none?

Awww. It's so cute that you think you caught me out.

Note that you included that I labeled those "classic arguments".

Does that imply that I'm making those arguments any more than I was arguing for the existence of Santa in my previous list?

Nope.

So feel free to stuff it.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
theidiot wrote:Well, what

theidiot wrote:
Well, what unbelievers such your self don't get, is that your conception of God is a redefining of it, it's neither psychologically informed, or learned by any other standard, it's just quite idiotic. Just because that dumbness is a far as your head can get around, doesn't mean that it as accurate rendition of what the conception of God is.
Is that why you abandoned the other thread where we were discussing a similar comparison between god and the tooth fairy where you also resorted to belittling the argument rather than making your own argument?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

enzoconti
atheist
User is offlineOffline
theidiot wrote:JillSwift

theidiot wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

Are you a troll Jill? 

Earlier you claimed that we couldn't determine design in the universe, implying a designer, now you're claiming that we can see that there is no design in the universe? 

So what is it? How is an argument for design, an argument for god?

What would evidence for design look like?

If you can't say what it would look like, how would you be able to determine there is none?

And how do you determine there is some?

theidiot
TheistTroll
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:And how

JillSwift wrote:

Note that you included that I labeled those "classic arguments".

Does that imply that I'm making those arguments any more than I was arguing for the existence of Santa in my previous list?

Ah, I see, so you personally don't support the classic no-god argument that there is no evidence of design in the universe? 

So what is it that you support, that we don't know if there's design in the universe or not, because we possibly could not tell what design or no-design would look like?

So the arguments from theist claiming design in the universe, and atheist arguing no design in the universe, are both incomprehensible to you? 

"I'm really an idiot! I have my own head way the fuck up my ass! Watch me dig myself into a hole over and over again!" ~Rook Hawkins (just citing sources)

azmhyr
azmhyr's picture
User is offlineOffline
enzoconti wrote:At some

enzoconti wrote:

At some point in time, as a child (and without the assistance of much wiser adults) we all learn by ourselves to reason that Santa Clause and the Easter bunny aren't real. Even religious kids work it out eventually, why can't they just apply the same logic to Jesus? why does the reasoning stop at religion. Isn't that just a matter of choice - you simply choose not to be reasonable about it!

In fact, Santa was real, but he's dead. Jesus on the other hand is said to live in heaven. That's why.

Merhaba canlarım.
Nereden?