Woohoo! Here 2 years!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Woohoo! Here 2 years!

I just realized this - today I have been on the RRS site for 2 years! Doesn't seen that long. Here's for 20 more years fighting irrational beliefs!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I just

MattShizzle wrote:
I just realized this - today I have been on the RRS site for 2 years! Doesn't seen that long. Here's for 20 more years fighting irrational beliefs!

Woohoo! For you and your cat!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually I have 6 cats, but

Actually I have 6 cats, but I'm guessing you mean Miss Callie (the one in the NTSA picture.)

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yesh! =^_^=

Yesh! =^_^=

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
6?  Last I heard you had

6?  Last I heard you had five.  If I knew you wanted another one I would have gladly given you mine. Eye-wink

Congrats on the 2 years...

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Pbft.  Cat people.  By

Pbhft.  Cat people.  By nature cats have no loyalty.  It's fine to "be" a cat, but to "like" a cat or give any type of "loyalty" to an animal that will never respond in kind?  Waste of time.  Cats can keep their self-centered universe to themselves.  I see no reason to extend a bond to them that they will never reciprocate in response to.  Caring for a cat is like throwing your money down a well.  A perfect waste of resources with no return on your investment.

Just as stupid as tithing.

Cats are very self-centered and will happily use you if you pander to their desires.  However cats, by definition, are "fair weather" friends and will abandon you at the first hint of a problem.  I have no respect for them.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like cats.

Watcher wrote:

Pbhft.  Cat people.  By nature cats have no loyalty.  It's fine to "be" a cat, but to "like" a cat or give any type of "loyalty" to an animal that will never respond in kind?  Waste of time.  Cats can keep their self-centered universe to themselves.  I see no reason to extend a bond to them that they will never reciprocate in response to.  Caring for a cat is like throwing your money down a well.  A perfect waste of resources with no return on your investment.

Cats are very self-centered and will happily use you if you pander to their desires.  However cats, by definition, are "fair weather" friends and will abandon you at the first hint of a problem.  I have no respect for them.

I happen to like cats, especially with gravey and a good wine. MEOW!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
My cat is useless.  She

My cat is useless.  She licks her twat and that's about it.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Pbhft.  Cat

Watcher wrote:

Let me assure you, you don't have the first clue about cat behavior.

Cats do have a familial instinct, you just have to know how to tap into it. It's not as obvious as a dog's pack instincts are. I have my two kittehs wrapped about my lil finger. They come when called, they fetch, and neither ran away when accidentally let out by the guys installing my new fridge last year.

My previous cats were as well trained, too. =^_^=

I figure such negative opinions about cats come from generations of folks never really understanding how different cats are from humans and dogs. Ah well.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Cats definitely show loyalty

Cats definitely show loyalty - just not the mindless neediness dogs show. Miss Callie and Chyna (the 2 that stay in my room) sit at the top of the steps and meow when I'm downstairs to eat or take my shower. They also often sit by my feet when I'm on the computer. They also cuddle with me in bed. When I was very depressed a couple times I was sitting on my bed and thinking of killing myself - Miss Callie came running over and started rubbing against me.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Jubal
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

Congratz on 2 years!

Being open-minded isn't the same thing as being vacant.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congrats on the 2 years you

Congrats on the 2 years you evil ol' atheist

I had a cat who was extremely loyal. She was independent and loved to go around the neighbourhood, but she knew what time I got home and would come running when I called. I guess it depends on the cat and how much input you give them in the early months.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

Guess that means I've been here two years as well.  Woot for me!

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:MattShizzle

Sapient wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Does this mean we can have a party? With cake..lots and lots.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Pbhft.  Cat

Watcher wrote:

Spoken by someone who has little experience with cats. Just like individuals, cats have different personalities.

The cats that I have had have been extremely loyal to me and always want my attention. I think you are making blanket statements about all cats.

If there is anything I don't like about cats, has more to do with the owners. People who have outdoor cats make me sick. Those cats risk disease, infection and getting into fights, not to mention possibly getting run over by cars.

I can tell you that the cat that I have right now, always wants my attention and always sleeps in my bed with me when I leave my bedroom door open. So I have no clue what you are talking about as far as loyalty.

I love my cat. I think your issue is not a wright or wrong thing, but a matter of taste. Some people are dog people and some people are cat people.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:MattShizzle

Sapient wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Congrats man.  You deserve it. Here is to fighting superstition! CHEERS!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Congrats!  Lets hope that

Congrats!  Lets hope that you can keep fighting irrationality for more than 20 years!!!

i have no love for cats, I've always grown up and been with dogs so i was never really around any cats.  They aren't bad animals but i really just don't like them myself. A dog in my opinion would be more work than a cat, depending on personality...

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Guess that

Sapient wrote:
Yes, but... do you have a cat? 

And w00t for the RRS for being around so long and for all the successes it has had!

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

I hope it's not 20 years. Can't we just be done soon? When will we be there already? This is taking forev-er. I'm hungry. Timmy won't stay on his side of the car!

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Sapient

JillSwift wrote:

Sapient wrote:
Yes, but... do you have a cat? 

I've got 2 cats and Lori and Rook have four cats on the other side of the house.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
2yrs? and we still havent

2yrs? and we still havent disolved your irrational delusions regarding cats?.... damn slackers >.> hehe

What Would Kharn Do?