Anybody notice an increase in xtian ads on Facebook?

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anybody notice an increase in xtian ads on Facebook?

Has anybody noticed that there has been an increase of xtian advertising on facebook? There is an ad that keeps showing up for the methodist youth network, and it's sponsored so I can't click it off. There are also these ads for Regent "university" and something called "The mission" thats trying to get people to preach in Africa. If I had the money I'd put up some RRS counter ads.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I haven't noticed the

I haven't noticed the increase in Christian ads although I did get more "Are you getting married" ads as soon as I said Kelly and I put engaged on our profile.  As a side note, I just submitted a cancellation on that annoying scientology ad.  Fuck LRH and Tom Cruise.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can't say I have, but while

Can't say I have, but while we're on Facebook, does anyone know how to join a group but set it so only you can see it in your groups? I'm sure I heard you can.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Can't say I have,

Loc wrote:

Can't say I have, but while we're on Facebook, does anyone know how to join a group but set it so only you can see it in your groups? I'm sure I heard you can.

Looking to join the baby eating atheist group on facebook and don't want your real life friends to know?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Loc

Sapient wrote:

Loc wrote:

Looking to join the baby eating atheist group on facebook and don't want your real life friends to know?

How did you ever guessI don't know why they can't just accept my atheistic need to eat babies?

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You may want to look up

You may want to look up how they track your traffic. It's possibly the most invasive program ever. Just sayin' is all.

(I used to be a web programmer.)

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

shikko
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: You may

HisWillness wrote:

You may want to look up how they track your traffic. It's possibly the most invasive program ever. Just sayin' is all.

Nah, that'd be IE.  Hell, it's own OS won't run without it.

Quote:

(I used to be a web programmer.)

I mean, c'mon, some of my best friends are web programmers...I'm no bigot...but you just can't trust 'em!

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
shikko wrote:Nah, that'd be

shikko wrote:

Nah, that'd be IE.  Hell, it's own OS won't run without it.

You're trying to get my kill twich going, aren't you?

shikko wrote:

I mean, c'mon, some of my best friends are web programmers...I'm no bigot...but you just can't trust 'em!

So you understand why I left that ignoble profession then? Hehe.

Check out the new dynamic ad software that Facebook is using. I forget what it's called, but at first it was staying persistent even after you logged out of Facebook. There was some "oh, gee, we're sorry - we didn't know it would do that" bullshit, and that was the last straw for me and Facebook. I don't know what has happened since.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

monkee
monkee's picture
User is offlineOffline
Im still waiting for my

Im still waiting for my Russian bride.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
monkee wrote:Im still

monkee wrote:

Im still waiting for my Russian bride.

*shudder*

That shit scares me, only because I wonder how much of it is voluntary. If you catch my meaning.