anyone ever been "bound"?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
anyone ever been "bound"?

and i don't mean in the hot, sexy way.  i mean you ever had a fundie on a message board  start screaming something like "I BIND YOU!  IN THE NAME OF JESUS I BIND YOU!"

it's never happened to me but i see it a lot.  never seems to work.

just wondering...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Uhhh...he he...what the fuck

Uhhh...he he...what the fuck are you supposed to say in response to that? "Na na na na naaa...I'm still talking!" It's really unfortunate that they couldn't see the other person's facial expression, although you may not want them to see you laughing until you pee your pants.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 actually I have had

actually I have had someone say this to my face......and yes they saw me laugh and laugh and roll on the floor and laugh, then stand up to them and say see....your god doesn't exist. Then they went on about satan being very powerful in me blah blah blah, and then i laughed again. It was a hoot.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had some nutter say

I had some nutter say something like that to me in an IRC session years ago. I'd gotten rather snarky with the fellow (a Christian invading a skeptic channel) and he didn't handle it too well.

I'd never even heard of such a thing before, so I was gobsmacked for a bit. Another chatter wasn't caught off guard, though, and he started calling on "Our Master Darwin" to "rain feelings of frustration and anger" onto the hapless theist. Darwin must be pretty powerful, because it worked: The fellow got more and more frustrated with us and very angry.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote:Uhhh...he

kellym78 wrote:

Uhhh...he he...what the fuck are you supposed to say in response to that? "Na na na na naaa...I'm still talking!" It's really unfortunate that they couldn't see the other person's facial expression, although you may not want them to see you laughing until you pee your pants.

you raise your brow, kelly.  you raise your brow like The Rock used to do.

ahhh, that's my solution to everything...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nope, maybe check out some

Nope, maybe check out some Dom/Sub Bondage forums if you wanna get into binding, jk bro, I haven't seen it before.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ah, you've run into the

Ah, you've run into the "spiritual warfare" loons.

These are the folk that believe that demons are everywhere and Jayzus has given them special power/ "Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" is the scripture they play by (I think). that and the Jesus casting out demons stories.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
If it was I guy I'd say "I

If it was I guy I'd say "I ain't like that, and besides doesn't your god consider that idea several sins in one?"
If an unattractive woman "No, you aren't my type."

If an attractive woman "Sounds like fun, but I thought your god frowned on BDSM."

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Binding

iwbiek wrote:

and i don't mean in the hot, sexy way.  i mean you ever had a fundie on a message board  start screaming something like "I BIND YOU!  IN THE NAME OF JESUS I BIND YOU!"

People who act like that suffer from a boarderline personality disorder called MENDENCHIA PARANOIA, close cousin to TURETTES SYNDROM, best described as "Speak first, put your target off guard, speak loudest, keep target off guard, speak last, never give target last word."

just wondering...

Has for "......hot,sexy way" Is your whip and handcuffs as cute as that sexy gun in your photo? I am just meekly, subserviently asking, mistress.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
correcting

Jeffrick wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

People who act like that suffer from a boarderline personality disorder called MENDENCHIA PARANOIA, close cousin to TURETTES SYNDROM, best described as "Speak first, put your target off guard, speak loudest, keep target off guard, speak last, never give target last word."

just wondering...

Has for "......hot,sexy way" Is your whip and handcuffs as cute as that sexy gun in your photo? I am just meekly, subserviently asking, mistress.

I may never figure out how to use this damn computer, the lines about Mendenchia Paranoia and Turettes syndrom where from me not Mistress Betty.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Ah, you've

jcgadfly wrote:
Ah, you've run into the "spiritual warfare" loons. These are the folk that believe that demons are everywhere and Jayzus has given them special power/ "Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" is the scripture they play by (I think). that and the Jesus casting out demons stories.

Down here that's pretty much the norm. Never had it done to me-probably not enough people  know I'm atheist yet. I've seen it happen a lot though. Everytime someone was sick in church it was, 'WE BIND THIS DEMON OF SICKNESS IN THE NAME OF JEEEEZUSSSSSSS.HALLEJAUH! Just take a pill...

There'd often be a session of it before the preaching began too. Binding any demons of doubt and bla bla.

I don't know what mainstream American christianity is like, but down here(SA), the spiritual warfare types are pretty much the norm. Everyone goes on about combating demons and unseen war. A lot of churches have spiritual warfare courses and the like.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Never seen or heard of it

Never seen or heard of it happening here in Oz (australia). That is so f'n freaky, these people are more nuts than i thought! Scary shit.

When my wife was little there was some speaking in tongues going on in her church, freaked the shit out of her!

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  Bound ? I remember at a

Bound ?

I remember at a funeral watching them drink Jesus blood and eating Jesus body , freaked me out .....    

I never forgot it , I AM still in shock ! Wow, religion ! sheezzzzz      

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian Kinkers...

On another large venue there exists a huge 'Adult' area reserved for online pud pullers and the like mostly.... but.

I noticed one BDSM themed chatroom that was set up for Christians... seems they had reconciled their kink with their religion. A lot of it centered around the biblical injunctions to women to be obiedient.

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Little old ladies can be a hoot.

A few years back, I lived in a small neighborhood down in Texas, where I worked for a while in my home town fire Department. One of my neighbors was a sweet old ladie who was well liked (even by me). Some one told her I was an Atheist, and she bombed over to my place, bible in hand to confront me.

She asked if it was true, and I told her yes... kind of warily, because I didn't want her to have a stroke on my porch.

She thrust her bible into my hands, and smiled when I took it, telling me that "You can't be an atheist, or god's word would have burned you!"...

I thought for a minute and said ... "Lady, I believe you're thinking of Dracula..."

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:She

Louis_Cypher wrote:

She thrust her bible into my hands, and smiled when I took it, telling me that "You can't be an atheist, or god's word would have burned you!"...

I thought for a minute and said ... "Lady, I believe you're thinking of Dracula..."

It's incredible what some people think of atheists. I have no idea how anyone could be that ignorant. Still, I suppose it's no worse than being asked if you fellatio the devil (happened to someone here)

Nice comeback by the way

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Has for

Jeffrick wrote:

HEY!  read the caption, asshole!

BETTY WHITE IS SICK OF YOUR SHIT!

--Hunter S. Thompson

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:She

Louis_Cypher wrote:

lol  I would have rolled on the ground laughing if I had been there.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:kellym78

iwbiek wrote:

kellym78 wrote:

You obviously know my stock facial expression.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote:iwbiek

kellym78 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

kellym78 wrote:

You obviously know my stock facial expression.

but of course.  all intelligent people share this expression.  it means something similar to what stewie griffin once said:

"oooh look, a strange dog.  why don't you go away, i don't want to be your friend."

--Hunter S. Thompson