Here is the proof of God's existence for those that have the guts!

sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Here is the proof of God's existence for those that have the guts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcZXb5wGDU

How do you explain the existence of the Virgin Mary and the scientfically proven miracles that have occurred at Fatima, Lourdes, Akita, Zeitun. If there is a Virgin Mary, then...Jesus, ya think? 100's of thousands see these miracles and you say there is no proof?

If you are sincerely seeking the truth, then you will find it. If you are working against God, then I am certain you will not respond to this message, and that will be proof that you are representing the "dark side" so to speak.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Why is Mary shown to be

Why is Mary shown to be white?


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
"Scientifically proven"? I'm

"Scientifically proven"? I'm not sure how mass delusion, or simply hundreds of people misinterpreting some other phenomenon as an apparition equates to "scientifically proven". I'll bet you don't even know what the phrase means.

I am seeking the truth sincerely. So far, the truth doesn't seem to include any god, and the prognosis for god isn't promising.

Anyhow, I think this thread will be visited by Mattshizzle's cat very soon.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
What scientific proof? As to

What scientific proof? As to people supposedly "cured" - ever hear of the placebo effect?


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:What

MattShizzle wrote:
What scientific proof? As to people supposedly "cured" - ever hear of the placebo effect?
So much for my prognostication skills. 

 

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
Posts: 353
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
Is the belief in God based

Is the belief in God based on Faith or on "proof"?


shikko
Posts: 448
Joined: 2007-05-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Why is

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Why is Mary shown to be white?

Because god HAS to be white.  After all, ALL of the most advanced nations on the planet are white, right? I mean, what do you expect, that a woman whose ENTIRE FAMILY SINCE THE CREATION OF THE EARTH was from the middle east would be anything other than western European/caucasian?

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Your last paragraph hit the

Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head.

Sincerely look for anything long enough and you'll find it.

All those people were looking for miracles so hard that anything even slightly out of the norm for them would have been seen as a divine intervention.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Watch this video if you dare

Watch this video if you dare for REAL proof of miracles being done today with the greatest teacher on Earth...Sathya Sai Baba. Watch this video if you have the GUTS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEAHixITEc&feature=related

The number of Sathya Sai Baba adherents is estimated sometimes as around 6 million, and followers cite "50 to 100 million".[9]

He asserted that he is an avatar of God in whom all names and forms ascribed by man to God are manifest. Praise be to Sathya Sai Baba for he can materialize ash out of nothing, a miracle, which proves there is a GOD and that Sathya Sai Baba's teachings on the subject are correct. See, you were right Sierra, there is proof, only you just found the wrong proof, which is very "dark sided" indeed.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
can a camera be deluded?

Personal opinion or mass delusion cannot trick a camera that took countless

photos. Also, the police searched for anything that could project the images. Don't you think they would have disproved this if they could have?

 

 


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Personal

sierra wrote:
Personal opinion or mass delusion cannot trick a camera that took countless photos.
The photos are classic "reflections" and atmospheric volumetrics. The delusion is to attach more significance to them than they deserve.

sierra wrote:
Also, the police searched for anything that could project the images. Don't you think they would have disproved this if they could have?
No, not really. I'm sure the police were like the rest, preferring not to find evidence that would counter the happy illusions.

Do you really think the photo you posted in the other sub-forum is not a darkroom trick? Why is she appearing like her depictions from medieval and renaissance paintings? She's wearing the wrong sort of clothing for the period and area she supposedly lived in, appears to be the wrong "race" (white instead of middle eastern)... what sense is all that?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
update!

I posted this in another thread because I did not see it here until afterward.

Since I cannot respond there, here is my response to Shikko:

 

How can it be a delusion if cameras see the image?

 

http://members.aol.com/bjw1106/marian7.htm

 

By the way, I am not proselytizing here. This is a simple question which no one can ever answer for me. We all see this image as depicted above, you cannot give me some dumb eye test or some magic trick video to explain this away. Do not compare false apparitions, false teachers, and magic with reality.

 

 


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Skeptical cat

You have a God given responsibility to teach your child the truth. You can deny it for yourself, but you have no right to deny the truth to your child. Hope and pray that you are the father God is calling you to be. Just prayed for you!


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:This is a

sierra wrote:
This is a simple question which no one can ever answer for me. We all see this image as depicted above, you cannot give me some dumb eye test or some magic trick video to explain this away. Do not compare false apparitions, false teachers, and magic with reality.
In other words, you've made up your mind and won't be listening to alternative points of view.

It would have been far simpler, then, not not have posted at all.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

Yes, have heard of it. Hard to apply it to a crippled person or blind person though. Never heard of someone able to think their bones straight again or repair permanent eye damage by the placebo effect.

 

Nice try though....


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Cpt.

Throughout history, the Blessed Virgin Mary has appeared in the native look of the people. For example, Our Lady of Guadalupe:

http://www.arkpilot.com/images/our%20lady%20of%20guadalupe.jpg

 

 

 


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Response to your secondary post that's locked

I would refer to my sarcastic response from your almost identical post.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/13235

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

Watch this video if you dare for REAL proof of miracles being done today with the greatest teacher on Earth...Sathya Sai Baba. Watch this video if you have the GUTS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEAHixITEc&feature=related

The number of Sathya Sai Baba adherents is estimated sometimes as around 6 million, and followers cite "50 to 100 million".[9]

He asserted that he is an avatar of God in whom all names and forms ascribed by man to God are manifest. Praise be to Sathya Sai Baba for he can materialize ash out of nothing, a miracle, which proves there is a GOD and that Sathya Sai Baba's teachings on the subject are correct. See, you were right Sierra, there is proof, only you just found the wrong proof, which is very "dark sided" indeed.

 The proof of God you are eliciting is a highly subjective apparition wherein those will see what they want to see. If I believe in a giant, white robed Popsicle with a spherical hat made of ice cream that levitates, goes around stealing people's socks when they are not looking, and only shows up in pictures near large domed structures, this would be "proof" of that. I would think you would think that is just as ridiculous as the so-called proof you have just postulated here of a Judeo-Christian based belief system. As Sam Harris alludes to,  there have been people claiming to do miracles, people seeing all sorts of deities, saints, aliens, famous people, and religious figures in pictures, grilled cheese sandwiches, and driftwood. Does that mean that if someone in the Mediterranean sees Zeus in a piece of wood, Zeus exists? If I see Krishna in my grilled cheese does that prove his existence? If I see a cloud in the sky that resembles a hammer and lightning bolt, should I drop to my knees in reverence of Thor? What you presented are non sequitir claims(light trick on a picture of a figure resembling a woman=Mary exists, Jesus exists, God Exists). You are stuck in one false belief system and will look for whatever ridiculous anecdotal evidence you can find without looking at any of the same type of evidence that other people of different faiths and belief systems have given as proof for their Gods over the last few millenia. That is why I wrote my sarcastic Sathya Sai Baba response. He is a man who has convinced millions of people he can perform miracles in your own lifetime and yet you will give his miracles no credence because they do not fall into the confines of your system and are therefore not worth checking into. I hope that was rational enough for you.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Jill Swift

Try getting on your knees and praying, works wonders for revealing truth!

Then again, truth is all around us. Your life is a miracle, start giving thanks for it and research the other side instead of just the atheistic point of view. Just prayed for you!


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Try getting on

sierra wrote:
Try getting on your knees and praying, works wonders for revealing truth!
For values of "truth" including "self delusion", I guess.


sierra wrote:
Then again, truth is all around us. Your life is a miracle, start giving thanks for it and research the other side instead of just the atheistic point of view. Just prayed for you!
Poor thing, you're making a classic mistake. I was raised a Catholic, sweety. I know a great deal about "the other side". Just did some thinking for you!

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
jread.

It is based on faith. However, God gives the proof all around us to help us.

 

Ever heard of Padre Pio who died in 1968, bore the wounds of Christ for 50 years? Science could not explain that either!

See:

http://www.padrepio.net/

 

http://members.aol.com/kcc1tim/padrepio.jpg

 

http://romancatholicblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/23/saint_padre_pio.jpg

wounds of Christ on hands, feet, side, and where the crown of thorns was!


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Jill Swift

Come home to Jesus in the Eucharist. I will ask our Blessed Mother to intercede for you. How do you live without receiving Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament? Come home. Pray a Hail Mary today.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:It is based on

sierra wrote:

It is based on faith. However, God gives the proof all around us to help us.

 

Ever heard of Padre Pio who died in 1968, bore the wounds of Christ for 50 years? Science could not explain that either!

See:

http://www.padrepio.net/

 

http://members.aol.com/kcc1tim/padrepio.jpg

 

http://romancatholicblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/23/saint_padre_pio.jpg

wounds of Christ on hands, feet, side, and where the crown of thorns was!

The Padre was a con artist.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Crucifiction wasn't through

Crucifiction wasn't through the palm, it was through the wrist.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Come home to

sierra wrote:
Come home to Jesus in the Eucharist. I will ask our Blessed Mother to intercede for you. How do you live without receiving Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament? Come home. Pray a Hail Mary today.
In what way is this "not proselytizing"?

How do I live without those musty old rituals? Well, far better than I did with them.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Try getting on

sierra wrote:

Try getting on your knees and praying, works wonders for revealing truth!

Then again, truth is all around us. Your life is a miracle, start giving thanks for it and research the other side instead of just the atheistic point of view. Just prayed for you!

 

I would say a large majority of the people here were religious, Christian in fact, who researched our own side(Christianity) and saw that it was riddled with holes, errors, moral horrors, evil gods, demons, and no real evidence for the existence of God. Until you can open your eyes and take a serious look into your own faith and belief about what you think you "know" about God, Jesus, and  the bible, your proselytizing and ill-conceived responses will achieve nothing more than what a child does when they put their hands over their eyes and says, " I can't see you." If you want to remain ignorant about your preconceived notions without learning about any conflicting viewpoints you are free to do that, just get off your high horse while doing so. Just projected thoughts to an imaginary friend with no possibility of impacting your life...because I care.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Jill Swift

Praying for you Jill! Perhaps my stopping by here was for you, calling you back home to your faith. "If today you hear his voice, harden not your heart"


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
the thing about cameras

 Is that they capture light, well the film needs light to produce an image, so yes an light that is cause this effect, a reflection of sorts, or what not, would and will be captured on film, now this is still not scientific fact, police are not scientists. Another thing, have you ever heard of ghosts being captured on film, same thing, just light tricks on the film. That's one thing you have to keep in mind, when talking about stuff like this.


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeus

Yes, my posts have become proselytizing. However, the definition of proselytizing indicates that everyone on this board is proselytizing in one way or another.

 

Although, some here are searching for truth, and figure that unless God's existence can be proven to them, (like doubting Thomas), they will not believe. I hope that those who are searching find Him.

 

I have researched all my life (41 years) and have been objective to all beliefs. I have experienced personally what I am saying here, therefore it is truth to me.

 

You all have found what you believe to be truth for you, through your experience and study, I do not deny that. However, our minds are finite, God is inifinite. Seems like quite a lot of intellectual arrogance to think that we have achieved enough knowledge on our own to deny the existence of God. Also,  pretty darn ungrateful to not be thankful and humble to the God that gave us life.

 

By the way, I serve and obey out of love of God, not fear. He is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving, I unworthy servant can't even do justice to Him here in this forum.


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Praying for you

sierra wrote:
Praying for you Jill! Perhaps my stopping by here was for you, calling you back home to your faith. "If today you hear his voice, harden not your heart"
Yay! I have a fan.

I can't go back, son, because I never had faith. It looked like BS then, looks like it now.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Jill Swift

Yes, I am a fan! Can't explain it, but feel compelled to respond to you in the way I have. Funny, did not know you were a Catholic when I first responded. Once again, proving to me God's awesome power in a way that is hard to describe.

regarding you never believed:

 

Sorry to hear that, I don't believe you. Check this out:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAyEZR4gUk


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Ever hear of Photoshop? By

Ever hear of Photoshop? By the way your prayer wouldn't help even if you would be right - I took the Blasphemy challenge and have blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times (fuck the holy spirit up the ass with a 3 foot long black wooden dildo with no lube - see I did it again!) Therefore I am beyond redemption (Matthew 12:32.) Anyway I am never going to believe that nonsese.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Swizzlerock88
Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
I don't doubt it. Any of it.

I don't doubt it. Any of it. Anything.  I've decided to be the anti-nihilist. I believe everything. I believe that god exists. I believe that god is a figment of imagination. I believe pigs can drive buses. I will believe absolutely everything. Every religion is correct, only the Stories and semantics are different. People should be honorable and nice.

I always thought it would be cool if someone was a practicing Taoist Devout Catholic. That sounds like a type of pokemon. I'm ok with that.

chickensoup


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Yes, my posts

sierra wrote:

Yes, my posts have become proselytizing. However, the definition of proselytizing indicates that everyone on this board is proselytizing in one way or another.

This board is not proselytizing, they are refuting your claims. Atheism is not a belief system, but a lack of belief just as you are an Athorist, an Azeusist, and Akrishnaist to name a few. 

Although, some here are searching for truth, and figure that unless God's existence can be proven to them, (like doubting Thomas), they will not believe. I hope that those who are searching

You are confusing "searching for truth" with searching for an imaginary essence to fill the negative holes in your own existence, while conflating that belief with the baseless hope that you can live in love and happiness for eternity after the physical death of your body if only you follow the rules of an erroneous book with countless variations that was originally constructed around 2000 years ago. 

I have researched all my life (41 years) and have been objective to all beliefs. I have experienced personally what I am saying here, therefore it is truth to me.

If you would spend 24 hours of actually objectively researching the biblical errancy section of this website, and didn't have any doubts about your chosen religion, I would consider that to be a miracle of ignorance.

You all have found what you believe to be truth for you, through your experience and study, I do not deny that. However, our minds are finite, God is inifinite. Seems like quite a lot of intellectual arrogance to think that we have achieved enough knowledge on our own to deny the existence of God. Also, it my opinion, seems pretty darn ungrateful to not be thankful and humble to the God that gave us life.

Conflating "personal truth" with "absolute truth" is an absence of logic and reason, which is the reason for your original post as well as your responses. Most here would say they can't disprove God's existence, just like you can't disprove the existence of the flying spaghetti monster. This doesn't prove either exists.

By the way, I serve and obey out of love of God, not fear. He is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving, I unworthy servant can't even do justice to Him here in this forum.

Per the bible, your God, Yahweh, demands blood sacrifices, mutilation of penile protective sheaths, and child sacrifices to ward off his own insecurities about his servants' true devotion. You would do better to fear him, because that is the primary emotion in which he converts infidels and keeps the righteous on the right path.

 

Please check out the site and read some other people's posts before you keep unleashing these retreaded fallacies.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

There was not photoshop back in 1968. By the way, the police in Zeitun desperately wanted to disprove the miracle as a fraud. No one has ever been able to do so.

Regarding your blaspheming:

With God, all things are possible. Only God knows whether or not you will be forgiven for that. Stop blaspheming and ask for forgiveness. Why abandon His love for you Matthew? You were named after a great saint, I will pray for you and for his intercession for your soul. God bless you Matthew! Don't give up. "If today you hear His voice, harden not your heart."

 

 


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Poor thing,

JillSwift wrote:

Poor thing, you're making a classic mistake. I was raised a Catholic, sweety. I know a great deal about "the other side". Just did some thinking for you!

JillSwift, You are quickly becoming one of my favorite new posters.

Sierra, I was raised Southern Baptist.  I accepted Jesus as my personal saviour when I was 7.  I firmly believed in god and jesus and all that horseshit well into my 20s.  I've got my own KJV bible with a leather cover and my name embossed on the cover in gold.

Pssst.  It's all a bunch of ancient scribblings about nothing but fiction. 

I did a LOT of rationalizing to reconcile my religion with reality growing up.  When you start being honest with yourself and really seek the truth you will start to see religion for what it is.  Complete BS.  I'm sorry.  There is no god that humanity knows of.  Most likely when we die, we are gone forever.  Dust in the wind.  You will never meet back up with your beloved dead friends and relatives.

Either keep rationalizing and lieing to yourself or be honest.  Really honest.  Seek truth not comfort.  Then you will begin to understand.  I've tried your side of the coin.  Why don't you try mine?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Watcher

Watcher wrote:

Most likely when we die, we are gone forever.  Dust in the wind.  You will never meet back up with your beloved dead friends and relatives.

Either keep rationalizing and lieing to yourself or be honest.  Really honest.  Seek truth not comfort.  Then you will begin to understand.  I've tried your side of the coin.  Why don't you try mine?

Most likely? You don't sound convinced, I am. However, for argument sake, if I am wrong, I will never know, will I?

 

I have tried your way, it sucks! The life I have chosen is filled with my own "crosses" to bear. However, it is a blessed life in serving God and the promise of eternal life with Him. Like I said, if I am wrong, I still would be happy with my life choice.

By the way, I posted that video, and the other information on apparitions to help spark those who are interested in the fact that they might be wrong about their atheism. For me, that info. helped me at the time. Now, I have experienced far greater miracles that continue to edify my faith which to me is fact, is truth. That is a blessing when you reach that point in your faith.


jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
Posts: 353
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:It is based on

sierra wrote:

It is based on faith. However, God gives the proof all around us to help us.

 

Ever heard of Padre Pio who died in 1968, bore the wounds of Christ for 50 years? Science could not explain that either!

See:

http://www.padrepio.net/

 

http://members.aol.com/kcc1tim/padrepio.jpg

 

http://romancatholicblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/23/saint_padre_pio.jpg

wounds of Christ on hands, feet, side, and where the crown of thorns was!

Why would God need to give us "help"? Is Faith not enough?

The implication that we should put Darwinism on trial overlooks the fact that Darwinism has always been on trial within the scientific community. -- From Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth R. Miller

Chaos and chance don't mean the absence of law and order, but rather the presence of order so complex that it lies beyond our abilities to grasp and describe it. -- From From Certainty to Uncertainty by F. David Peat


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:Yes, I am a

sierra wrote:

Yes, I am a fan! Can't explain it, but feel compelled to respond to you in the way I have. Funny, did not know you were a Catholic when I first responded. Once again, proving to me God's awesome power in a way that is hard to describe.

regarding you never believed:

 

Sorry to hear that, I don't believe you. Check this out:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAyEZR4gUk

First paragraph: False attribution after the fact. Corrolation != causation.

Second: You don't believe me. That's OK, I don't require you to. I watched the video and am unimpressed. Folks waffle between faith and no-faith all the time.

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
You might want to read the

You might want to read the passage from your Bible I noted. Jesus said wheover blasphemes the Holy Spirit will NEVER be forgiven - in this life or the next. Those of us who took the Blasphemy Challenge did it to show we are 100% sure that the Christian god is NOT real. I am more sure of that than anything.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
I love these ones

Ok really, who cares, you live your life as you wish, if you are wrong, and we are right, who cares, you believe in the christian god, if you are wrong, and we are wrong, and muslims are right, your fucked, if hindus are right, your still fucked, if mayans are right, again we are fucked, if any other religion in the world other than yours is right, YOU ARE FUCKED, if we are right, who cares, and so far all evidence points to atheism being so far more correct of a natural world without a supernatural god, then I shall live my life to my fullest ability, enjoy my time here, do what I can do to better not just my life, but the life of my family and friends so that they to may enjoy life. I do not need a god to do good, I do not need a god to find meaning to my life I do not need god for anything, oh and in case you are wonder I have been at deaths door once (thank you dumb ass driver), I changed my mind on the issue of god, I had a friend start praying, I started to laugh at his ill attempt to save my soul (which we do not have). I did die (clinically speaking for 5 minutes) and you know what....nothing....no light, no demons,no nothing. Oddly enough that is what I kinda expected, nothing, just for brief moment I stopped existing, and it wasn't prayers or crap like that which brought me back, it was the skilled doctors and nurses that did what they are trained to do. Oh and photo tricks have been around for ages, since film was created. Second light effects can be captured on film as well. Unexplained things don't mean god, it means it is unexplained, no explanation possible, it does not mean god did it, or it the virgin mary, it is merely an unexplained phenomena.

 


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Matt

I know the verse. I am not denying it. I am simply saying that only God can judge you, not me, or anyone else. Therefore, I say to all who have blasphemed, it is never too late to cry out to God's love and mercy.

 

Here is the truth about about God's mercy revealed by Jesus Himself to

Saint Faustina not too long ago. Read and research this for yourself. Maybe I should have started with this.

 

http://thedivinemercy.org/message/

 

 


Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2007-10-29
User is offlineOffline
Penn and Teller provide some

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
judging people

Actually I can judge you, a Court Judge can judge you for sure, society can judge you, history can judge you, god cannot judge you, god is non existent, a creation of man, from the imagination of man, to explain things he cannot explain.


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
latin

There are countless people who have had after life experiences that have been documented.

Read the book: Life After Life by Dr. Raymond Moody.

 

I am sure many have experienced life after life and were brought back. Clearly, you were brought back for a purpose. God's purpose in bringing you back was not to deny Him, that I can guarantee as absolute truth!


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
hmm interesting idea

Not really, I never believed in god, and since those experiences, in case you haven't bothered to do ANY researching in the medical field of it all, most people at the moment of death, there is a mass surge of activity in the brain, which can and does explain the sense of euphoria, and viewing of the light at the end of the tunnel. Yes there are scientific reasons as to why one would have these experiences in NDE's.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
*yawn* If this guy wasn't so

*yawn* If this guy wasn't so indoctrinated in religion he'd just be going on about 9/11 conspiracies or alien abductions.  Every single source and video he provides is exactly along those same conspiracy lines. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


sierra
Theist
Posts: 114
Joined: 2008-03-26
User is offlineOffline
thingy

Not true. If they are out to get me, then it is not a conspiracy is it? Or, paranoia?

 

Haha. Just kidding.

 

My documents and information are reaching some people. Perhaps none that have responded, except Jill. She will come back to her Catholic Faith, I hope and pray.

Here is one more piece of evidence for the record:

 

http://www.theworkofgod.org/saints/Lives/Bernardt.htm

 

She died about 150 years ago. Many other saints are incorruptibles also.

 

 


HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
Posts: 675
Joined: 2008-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Subdi Visions wrote:Penn and

Subdi Visions wrote:

Penn and Teller provide some food for thought concerning your irrational belief in signs and miracles

 

Great videos and perfect response to this subject. Too bad Sierra won't watch them.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
yet the catholic church will

yet the catholic church will not allow independent scientists to test them, as well there have been other cases such as these from people of other religious and non religious beliefs. Again you are merely trying to make your god real. Nothing new, yet you still will dismiss any and all arguments and evidence against your god.


Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2007-10-29
User is offlineOffline
sierra wrote:By the way, the

sierra wrote:

By the way, the police in Zeitun desperately wanted to disprove the miracle as a fraud. No one has ever been able to do so.

 

Unless a crime was committed I seriously doubt the police in Zeitun investigated this silliness or anything else connected to "The Church". I'd ask you to provide some documented proof that anyone, other than "The Church, investigated this nonsense but I know you couldn't do so.

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush