Best Come Back.

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Best Come Back.

Ok, we've all had that moment of 20/20 hindsight when the perfect response/zinger/comeback pops into our head, minutes, hours or days too late.  But every once in a while, the moon and stars aline and the entrails read just right, you get off a good one at the perfect time.

For Instance: Discussing religion with a christian associate a few years ago.

They: But what about when you are on your death bed?

Me: Easy, I'll convert to Christianity.

They: (brightening noticably) Oh?

Me: Yeah, it's better one of you bastards die than one of us...

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Louis_Cypher wrote:Ok, we've

Louis_Cypher wrote:

Ok, we've all had that moment of 20/20 hindsight when the perfect response/zinger/comeback pops into our head, minutes, hours or days too late.  But every once in a while, the moon and stars aline and the entrails read just right, you get off a good one at the perfect time.

For Instance: Discussing religion with a christian associate a few years ago.

They: But what about when you are on your death bed?

Me: Easy, I'll convert to Christianity.

They: (brightening noticably) Oh?

Me: Yeah, it's better one of you bastards die than one of us...

LC >;-}>

lol  Good one.

I think my best comeback was when I was talking to friend A and friend B spit out a snarky remark.

I slowly turned my head to him and said, "Was I talking to you, bitch?  If I was talking to you I would say, "Hey bitch...""

I managed to do it with a serious tone and face for about 10 seconds.  Then we both started laughing our asses off.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
One of my best comebacks

One of my best comebacks ever was about 19 years ago. (ya I am due for another) I was a service desk clerk at Target and some mean nasty old woman came in and was complaining about everything and everybody.

I smiled and nodded and was calm and cool and nice for about 10 minutes....she just wouldn't shut up.

I don't remember the exchange but it ended in her saying: "YOU are just being facetious!"  And I asking her to  "Spell facetious!"

She couldn't spell it and she was pissed. I just smiled and wrote it out for her on a piece of paper....of course as an added customer service!

All with a smile! Didn't want to look like I was mad...the manager was around  Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not really a comeback, but a

Not really a comeback, but a funny quip I made. One day four of us were in the car on the way to work when we saw a young girl in her pajamas jogging along the street by a church, heading away from it. Instantly and with a straight face I said, 'Must be a catholic church." Everyone thought it was pretty funny, though we all agreed it would have been more so with a little boy.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
My uncle married a girl who

My uncle married a girl who was 14 and a virgin. They had three children in 10 or so years together. When they were talking about divorce, my (ex-) aunt said, "I wish you were a better kisser then I could forget all of our problems."

My uncle replied, "Fuck you for knowing the difference."

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
When talking about the

When talking about the Catholic Church I think it is hard to argue with Christopher Hitchen's instant classic of belonging to a church whose motto is "no child's behind left."

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
We were talking about

We were talking about religion at work and one of my co-workers said, "how do you get out of bed in the morning?"

I replied, "why do you need god to get out of bed?"

She shut up and hasn't mentioned religion since.

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
"If i wanted a come back

"If i wanted a come back outa you, i'd take my dick outa your mouth first"

to much? >.>

What Would Kharn Do?