Hey

proud_atheist_girl
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd say hi and briefly introduce myself because I'm pretty new here. I'm a strong atheist, and have been ever since age 12 when I made the big move from an area where religion was not considered all that important by most people, or at least wasn't discussed very often, to an area where almost everyone is devoutly religious. This is when I first realized I was an atheist, but looking back I really didn't believe in any God for a long time; however, living where I did where the topic of religion rarely came up and my family had not regularly attended church for several years, I never realized this or what it meant. Now, I am surrounded by mostly devout Christians (but some people are Jewish and Muslim, as well). I know a total of two other atheists (brothers) and one agnostic. So, I've been looking for a place to interact with people who share my beliefs for a while. I hope to be able to contribute my ideas to this forum.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the RRS.  We

Welcome to the RRS.  We hope you enjoy your time here; looking forward to your input and conversation. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome,I think with your

Welcome,

I think with your life experience, you can see the these Christians don't really believe on their own. They were indoctrinated with religion by their parents and pleasured by the society around them. Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! I also came here

Welcome!

I also came here because I didn't know any atheists IRL. Since then I've found a great community here and my knowledge grows everyday. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Well done on leaving religion young too!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums! Don't

Welcome to the forums! Don't be afraid to jump right in and have fun!  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Mr. Atheist (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Welcome to the forums! Don't be afraid to jump right in and have fun!  Smiling

I disagree.  Be afraid, be very afraid.  We are all going to hell and you can't escape.  Just try! Hell will get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!

Er.

Welcome to the forums.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
proud_atheist_girl wrote:I

proud_atheist_girl wrote:

I am surrounded by mostly devout Christians (but some people are Jewish and Muslim, as well).

*looks around*

You must be pretty close to me...

Welcome to the forums!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums. It is

Welcome to the forums. It is always nice to have a place to go where you can exchange ideas with likeminded people.

jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome welcome! You've

Welcome welcome! You've definitely found a nice place to exchange ideas. Enjoy yourself.  

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome

welcome Smiling

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
bump! ;)

Welcome to the forum! Many of us don't know any other atheists IRL - I guess we just tend to keep these things quiet most of the time. I occasionally write "NO SUCH THING" under my left eye, but people just run away from me!

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome. Have fun! 

Welcome. Have fun!