Expelled - movie showings

AtheistInTheHat
AtheistInTheHat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Expelled - movie showings

Not sure if there's a post about it already, but there are openings at showings of the new movie Expelled (which I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here about), and you can sign up online at http://rsvp.getexpelled.com/events/special/expelled. If I can figure out a way to get myself there I'll be at one of the Philidelphia showings (I signed up for both since I don't know when I'll be able to go....no car at the moment), if anyone wants to join me (and/or gimme a ride), I would love you forever....or maybe something less creepy, whatever Sticking out tongue

Tiktaalik
User is offlineOffline
Damn! Too bad I missed the

Damn! Too bad I missed the Texas one.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yuck !  I hate Ben Stein. 

Yuck !  I hate Ben Stein.  Even out of character he always speaks in an annoying monotone ......he sounds like some kind of weird Jewish android. 

In spite of his image as a sort of big-brained geek he is an avid supporter of that creationist bullshit otherwise referred to as Intelligent Design.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck movie do you

What the fuck movie do you have to be approved to be able to see?

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Yuck

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Yuck !  I hate Ben Stein.  Even out of character he always speaks in an annoying monotone ......he sounds like some kind of weird Jewish android. 

In spite of his image as a sort of big-brained geek he is an avid supporter of that creationist bullshit otherwise referred to as Intelligent Design.

Eh. He's an economist, not a scientist.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

AtheistInTheHat
AtheistInTheHat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Looks like I will be making

Looks like I will be making it to the 9:30am showing at the Calvery Performing Arts Center in Philadelphia, I may even wear my big fuzzy hat just because I'm that sort of crazy, and of course I'll find a good sciency shirt to wear...maybe something from my xkcd collection...dunno yet.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote: Eh.

Archeopteryx wrote:

Eh. He's an economist, not a scientist.

So, economists cannot be big-brained geeks ?

You are quite correct, though...Ben Stein isn't a scientist... which dovetails nicely into the inappropriateness of him being a public spokesman for Intelligent Design....ID supposedly falling within the purview of science ( and not economics.)  Oh well.

Debbie (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Bible verse quoted

The verse you quoted is misleading. Jesus was using a parable, as He often did. Please read verses 11-27 to understand the full context of what He was trying to say. Thanks, and have a great day!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
So why would he even use as

So why would he even use as a parable something puting such a thing in a favorable light? And shouldn't he have known it would be used for centuries to justify the burning of "heretics?" Sorry you fail.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team