White Guilt

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
White Guilt

Quote:
That's a pretty funny picture of you all at the top. One big happy family. It's a good thing you photoshopped the picture on the left of your token black guy. I was beginning to think you were the cast of "Leave it to Beaver!"

Praise be to Allah.

This is from a douchecanoe named Bobby. Of course we must be racist, evil white supremecists.  What a dumbass.

mr804
Special AgentSuperfan
mr804's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How come half of these

How come half of these douche nozzles end their message with some shit like "ALLAH AKBAR!". 

It's like "hey, I'm going to be an asshole, and I'll act like I'm a muslim, well just because!"

i wonder if this guy goes to other websites where they use stock images and emails them? "Hey guys, you have too many black people on your website, we all know black people don't eat at subway!!"

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate those Nation of Islam

I hate those Nation of Islam dogs.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
If the dumbass had half a

If the dumbass had half a clue he could find out Greydon Square actually mentions the RRS SEVERAL TIMES on his CD!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
mr804 wrote: How come half

mr804 wrote:

How come half of these douche nozzles end their message with some shit like "ALLAH AKBAR!". 

It's like "hey, I'm going to be an asshole, and I'll act like I'm a muslim, well just because!"

i wonder if this guy goes to other websites where they use stock images and emails them? "Hey guys, you have too many black people on your website, we all know black people don't eat at subway!!"

Douche nozzle!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

shikko
User is offlineOffline
mr804 wrote: How come half

mr804 wrote:

Ahh, so is it now "douche <noun>" that all you "with-it" kids are "gettin jiggy with"?  Just trying to keep up.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
How about douche drinker?

mr804
Special AgentSuperfan
mr804's picture
User is offlineOffline
hey, Scientologist have

hey,

Scientologist have their own slang (criminon, SP's, etc) why can't we have ours???

On another note, no one ever bitches about Jake up there.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Is it just me or do people

Is it just me or do people play Muslim so they can pretend to be bad asses?

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
How come no one complains

How come no one complains about the token cat?

lieutenant24
lieutenant24's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's funny how mentioning a

It's funny how mentioning a deity at the end of one's blatant attacts suddenly transforms them into passive aggression. For example:

"You're a douche waffel. You should probably just kill yourself. Praise Allah."

That reminds me, I love this shirt: http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=112.

"Just Kidding, Believe in Jesus!" lol (it's only funny if you look at the shirt)

I'm not sure exactly how that was related, but I'm pretty sure it was.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE -- WE HAVE COOKIES

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:How come no one

Loc wrote:

The cat isn't black. It's weird some places in the states. I'm from Toronto, where there are about 500 different shades of people, so my lawyer or cab driver or accountant is Ashanti, or Nigerian, or Jamaican, or Canadian. "Black" really doesn't cover it.

I'm sure it's a similar situation in the liberal cities in the states, but I was in Nashville a couple of years ago, and the punchline to a joke was "... and that's what you call one dumb nigger."

I actually did a spit-take. Nearly choked on my coffee, sputtered back to life just enough to say "sorry, what?" They were shocked that I took issue.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck? What a moron!

What the fuck? What a moron!

Graydon is an atheist dipshit! I think you have your turban wrapped a little to tight my "Allah candybar friend".

It might shock your narrow little mind, that unlike your fictional sky daddy, black atheists DO EXIST!

So does that mean I should hate my former co-worker who was Muslim because you think we are all white power people?

Please sell me some of what you are smoking, it must be damned good.

RRS AKBAR!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
whoa, overcompensation....

maybe i missed something, but i didn't see any white-power accusations in there.

and i also find the photoshopped dude to be slightly comical, much in the same way the hambydammit is comical.  the fact that one is a black guy and one is a cat affects the comedy in equal proportions, but for different reasons.

to the canadian:  it doesn't really work like that here, i live in Philadelphia, one of the most 'liberal' cities here, and black people are black.  white people are white.  asian people are asian. and people tell racist jokes everywhere.  generally, you can look at a person and tell their race, but you can't necessarily tell their nationality....it's not a bad thing, it's just reality.

Fear is the mindkiller.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
DrFear wrote:to the

DrFear wrote:

to the canadian:  it doesn't really work like that here, i live in Philadelphia, one of the most 'liberal' cities here, and black people are black.  white people are white.  asian people are asian.

Oh, okay. So when you say "asian", do you include Indians? I mean people actually from India, not first nations. Or is that just for anyone Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Philipino/a, Mongolian, Thai, Tibetan, etc? I mean when you're making these jokes.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
neh

no, we call them indians. i guess what are technically east asians are just referred to as 'asian'.  and i'm just talking about general purpose here, not 'jokes'. 

just out of curiosity, are you sporting a full-on mullet? or is that just a wierd trick of the light....

Fear is the mindkiller.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
DrFear wrote:just out of

DrFear wrote:

just out of curiosity, are you sporting a full-on mullet? or is that just a wierd trick of the light....

Oh, shit - I guess it does look like I could have a mullet going. No, that's just a shadow. I don't think I've ever had a mullet. I'm afraid I can't be quite that awesome.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Loc

HisWillness wrote:

Loc wrote:

The cat isn't black. It's weird some places in the states. I'm from Toronto, where there are about 500 different shades of people, so my lawyer or cab driver or accountant is Ashanti, or Nigerian, or Jamaican, or Canadian. "Black" really doesn't cover it.

I'm sure it's a similar situation in the liberal cities in the states, but I was in Nashville a couple of years ago, and the punchline to a joke was "... and that's what you call one dumb nigger."

I actually did a spit-take. Nearly choked on my coffee, sputtered back to life just enough to say "sorry, what?" They were shocked that I took issue.

I'm from Toronto as well.  Well, *from* four hours south and recently moved int oa lovely condo in downtown Tdot... But anyhow, as a fellow Canadia, do you notice that when you need to you try your best to identify someone's nationality rather than their race?  Do you find that you're particularly sensitive when someone refers to 'Asians' or 'Middle Eastern' or 'Indians' when you know that those they're referring to are Thai or Bengali or Pakistani?

Or perhaps you don't do the former and maybe you're bad at the latter, but are still sensitive to the fact that 'Middle Eastern' is not descriptive or useful unless you're describing a geographical region and not the people, whatever they may look like, who live there?

Is what I'm describing familiar to you at all and have you found that it's uniquely Canadian in North America if it is?

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:I'm from

Thomathy wrote:
I'm from Toronto as well.  Well, *from* four hours south and recently moved int oa lovely condo in downtown Tdot... But anyhow, as a fellow Canadia, do you notice that when you need to you try your best to identify someone's nationality rather than their race?

Sure, it's practically a sport! Nobody cares, they're just happy you're interested in where they came from. I didn't know anything about Tamil (the language) until I got into a conversation with a Sri Lankan mechanic. Would I necessarily try and figure out what shade of "brown" the guy was? Probably not.

Thomathy wrote:
Do you find that you're particularly sensitive when someone refers to 'Asians' or 'Middle Eastern' or 'Indians' when you know that those they're referring to are Thai or Bengali or Pakistani?

I guess so, but that's because "asian" is such a shitty descriptor. I don't know what someone's talking about if they say "Indian" in the states (or, to be fair, in rural Ontario when someone says "Paki" meaning anyone brown).

Thomathy wrote:
Or perhaps you don't do the former and maybe you're bad at the latter, but are still sensitive to the fact that 'Middle Eastern' is not descriptive or useful unless you're describing a geographical region and not the people, whatever they may look like, who live there?

Yeah, certainly. You know what Toronto's like: even if you wanted to be racist, you're going to end up working with people from eight diffierent parts of the world. Racial bigotry would be exhausting! And it always turns out that there are good people and assholes, no matter what country they happen to be from, and no matter what they look like.

Thomathy wrote:
Is what I'm describing familiar to you at all and have you found that it's uniquely Canadian in North America if it is?

It might just be localized to Toronto (or the GTA, whatever). Rural areas of Ontario and most other provinces are mostly "white" (ex British isles settlers or French) and can be pretty heavily ignorant, but it's not like in the southern US. Nothing prepared me for that.

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
ehhhh.....

HisWillness wrote:

Oh, shit - I guess it does look like I could have a mullet going. No, that's just a shadow. I don't think I've ever had a mullet. I'm afraid I can't be quite that awesome.

i don't mean to harp on it, but what could that be?? do you see what i'm talking about, the small area of brown directly adjacent to your left neck, immediately below the jawline (as there is no real ironic or comical significance to the picture, i am assuming it's a picture showcasing your own self)?

the harsh lighting, possibly from a remote flash, is dictating a strong, overriding shadow to your left side, yet the shadow on the jawline and the left ear does not match in elongation, suggesting that you are a couple feet, at the least, from the background.  the color of the anomaly almost exactly matches the umbrish color of your hair, and the difference in shadow elongation caused by the strong light  emanating from an acute angle places said anomaly almost squarely above your shoulder, it's baffling to imagine that it's anything other than a wayward lock of hair much longer than what you're sporting toward the bow of your noggin.....

there's no shame in mullets, really.  i've always believed that 'styling' one's hair and favoring certain hairstyles over others is one of the most ridiculous activities any creature has ever conceived.  if aliens are laughing at anything, it's that.  i say, if we can make bonsai out of trees, we can make mullets out of hair, dammit.

so come on. cop to your mullet. it's the only honorable choice.

Fear is the mindkiller.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
DrFear wrote:so come on. cop

DrFear wrote:

so come on. cop to your mullet. it's the only honorable choice.

Haha! I love it! I had to look at the original picture, and it turns out the brown area is the tips of my mother's fingers. It's from a group photo.

The lighting really is shitty, though - you're right, it's a poorly executed remote flash set-up (the one to the right was supposed to go off, but didn't). Now you have me worried - I should probably crop it out before rumour of my mullet reaches my debating opponents. They might gain new respect for me!

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
ha ha ha!!

that is amazing!  i'm sorry to kill a thread that had so much obvious socio-political potential with this silliness, but what a camera trick! 

awesome.  simply awesome.  i never would have thought it was a cropped photo.  foreign limbs/objects.  here is a great example of 'forest for the trees'.

Fear is the mindkiller.

joewhyit
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:How about

MattShizzle wrote:

I, and the rest of my co-workers, prefer "douche canoe".

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
joewhyit wrote:I, and the

joewhyit wrote:

I, and the rest of my co-workers, prefer "douche canoe".

It's best to take important matters such as these to a vote. I vote canoe as well, but that might be nationalistic fervour.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
DrFear wrote:that is

DrFear wrote:

that is amazing!  i'm sorry to kill a thread that had so much obvious socio-political potential with this silliness, but what a camera trick! 

The photo ended up being my favourite because of that cheese-dick smile I have on my face. I look at that picture and think, "wow, do I ever look like a dick" so it seemed perfect.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:The photo

HisWillness wrote:

The photo ended up being my favourite because of that cheese-dick smile I have on my face. I look at that picture and think, "wow, do I ever look like a dick" so it seemed perfect.

You could always say you were grinning and feeling stoked becaue you just remembered you're not a xtian.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:HisWillness

Loc wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

You could always say you were grinning and feeling stoked becaue you just remembered you're not a xtian.

Good call. Yeah, that's probably what it was. Hehe.