evolution and consciousness

IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
evolution and consciousness

we all know that humans including animals have a conscousness. when someone is feeling down we feel sorry for them,even with dogs when their owner is hurt they would cry. if these emotions wasnt put in by god,then what put them there? it sure wasnt evolution because that means evolution would literally have a mind of its own. evolution is mostly known as "surival of the fittest" it would not add the ability where animals feel sorrow because as i know evolution makes species able to surive in any habitat. so that means they must be agressive and have no emotions. why would evolution put the ability where animals feel sad for their owner or even cry period? why do we cry when we see people are hurt or loose a loved one? simple answer god. god put emotions in everyone,if you can explain other wise share you thoughts thanks Smiling


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
IKnowTruth - read a book,

IKnowTruth - read a book, please for fuck's sake read a goddamned book.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:You're not

magilum wrote:

You're not describing the theory of evolution, or anything else for that matter. You don't deserve the time it would take for anyone to correct all that stupid.

He's describing what I like to call Creationist Evolution.  That's how fools like this guy get around it.  They invent their own version of evolution that is full of flaws, fallacies and errors then point those errors out.  It's the only way they can make arguments that are correct.  It doesn't make the real theory and process of evolution any less correct and real.

I'm quite amused by truthy.  He's gone a full circle in this one thread 4 times now.  He gets refuted, disappears for a few days then comes back and makes the exact same assertions that have already been refuted.  He lost all his arguments on the second page of this thread and even conceeded that he lost - yet here he is back at the assertions and arguments from the first page.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth

ps

IknowTruth wrote:

"fuckyouandyourstupidgod.youdon'tknowwhatyouaretalkingaboutandyouneverwillbutkeepflappingyoujawsandpretendingthatyouhispreciouscreation.psidecidedtostartmakingmypostslooklikeyoursdo.howdoyoulikeitsofar?"

sorry satans child for bringing the flaws of evolution to the public just deal with it. you are just like youre father satan he knows he cannot beat god in anything so he forever blasphemy towards him. it seems that you will join him one day even though i am sure it wouldnt be a pleasant experience. demons are known to get over excited and extremely angry when the facts are brought to them, is that your picture on your profile? demon i know its hard for you to refrain from cursing and you all have no morals but try to contain your penis.

yesiamthechildofsatanthanksforpointingthatout.someofmybestfriendsaredemonsandimsendingsomeovertovisityousoyoucanstruggleagainstthem.thefunnythingisthatdemonsnevergettiredofattackingchristianblowhards.howsthatforfacts?thedevilismydaddyandhesgoingtobevistingyousoontoo.yourapussycomparedtohim.later.

psyouarealreadyundermypower.iamademonofbadspellingandgrammerandicausechristianstolooklikeretardedfools.ialsocancausechristianstothinkthattheyknowaboutevolutionwhentheyreallyareignorantfoolswhoonlydemonstateabeliefinreligioussuperstition.seeyousoon. 

 

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:

IknowTruth wrote:

 

"fuckyouandyourstupidgod.youdon'tknowwhatyouaretalkingaboutandyouneverwillbutkeepflappingyoujawsandpretendingthatyouhispreciouscreation.psidecidedtostartmakingmypostslooklikeyoursdo.howdoyoulikeitsofar?"

sorry satans child for bringing the flaws of evolution to the public just deal with it. you are just like youre father satan he knows he cannot beat god in anything so he forever blasphemy towards him. it seems that you will join him one day even though i am sure it wouldnt be a pleasant experience. demons are known to get over excited and extremely angry when the facts are brought to them, is that your picture on your profile? demon i know its hard for you to refrain from cursing and you all have no morals but try to contain your penis.

 

omg you really are funny i did not put penis at the end of my post.


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
"IKnowTruth - read a book,

"IKnowTruth - read a book, please for fuck's sake read a goddamned book."

 

actually i read many books and no books i believe will make evolution look believeable.


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
  IknowTruth wrote:

 

 

IknowTruth wrote:

 

heres a question to you all why do everysingle living organism  share the SAME common ancestor? is that possible?.

 

 

"It's actually not even necessary. There are bacteria that feed off of volcanic vents in the ocean floor that have never needed contact with anything above to live. The universe simply allows for life, and it happens. That's what we know. What you're saying is that you know exactly where life comes from, and it just happens to be this specific invisible thing. You can't know that, but you're pretending that you do. It's dishonest."

 

ok and why are you bringing up bacteria for? when has bacteria turned into anything other than bacteria? let me predict your answer. over billions of years bacteria evolved into everything there is today,so that means we share an common ancestor with bacteria...wow

 

 


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:magilum

thingy wrote:

magilum wrote:

You're not describing the theory of evolution, or anything else for that matter. You don't deserve the time it would take for anyone to correct all that stupid.

He's describing what I like to call Creationist Evolution.  That's how fools like this guy get around it.  They invent their own version of evolution that is full of flaws, fallacies and errors then point those errors out.  It's the only way they can make arguments that are correct.  It doesn't make the real theory and process of evolution any less correct and real.

I'm quite amused by truthy.  He's gone a full circle in this one thread 4 times now.  He gets refuted, disappears for a few days then comes back and makes the exact same assertions that have already been refuted.  He lost all his arguments on the second page of this thread and even conceeded that he lost - yet here he is back at the assertions and arguments from the first page.

first off i have never been refuted once on this board, and it isnt me that brought up abiogenesis evolutionist did. i really cant see how you all will try and seperate abiogenesis from evolution, when abiogenesis should be the most important because it is the origin of life.some how some inanimate matter evolved into living organisms...wow...evolutionist. i would do the same thing to avoid abiogenesis becuase it sounds so dumb just like evolution. i bet you all still think carbon dating also proves evolution.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:"IKnowTruth

IknowTruth wrote:

"IKnowTruth - read a book, please for fuck's sake read a goddamned book."

 actually i read many books and no books i believe will make evolution look believeable.

Read a book without the words, "Crichton" or "Strobel" on the cover. I'm not trying to make you understand evolution... in even the remotest, eighth grade kind of way. It's just... I'm laughing at you. When I read your posts, I feel bad, because I have to realize there's a person writing these things, and they're in this terrifying benighted state.


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:IknowTruth

magilum wrote:

IknowTruth wrote:

"IKnowTruth - read a book, please for fuck's sake read a goddamned book."

 actually i read many books and no books i believe will make evolution look believeable.

Read a book without the words, "Crichton" or "Strobel" on the cover. I'm not trying to make you understand evolution... in even the remotest, eighth grade kind of way. It's just... I'm laughing at you. When I read your posts, I feel bad, because I have to realize there's a person writing these things, and they're in this terrifying benighted state.

thank god cause no one understand evolution. i make a few word errors and run on sentences because first off this isnt a spelling bee.this is a site with a bunch of atheist who believes in a process which there is no proof of nor how it even begin...sad, so i really dont care if i make a mistake on here, because im arguing with a bunch of people who believe in evolution and actually think that it disproves god sad... you all will believe anything " recently a big chunky skull was found called hytomphic-anoglus it dates back 300 million years" if i was to post this on the internet about 90% of the atheist will believe it. no wonder evolutionist make so much money becuase they can make up anything and you all will go buy it and think its factual. i may just become an under cover evolutionist so i can make money off you all.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:  omg you

IknowTruth wrote:


 

 

omg you really are funny i did not put penis at the end of my post.

ofcourseyoudidnt.myfathersatandid.hedoesthingslikethat.didntyouknow?

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:thank god

IknowTruth wrote:

thank god cause no one understand evolution.

No, that's not true. I understand evolution. It's actually pretty simple. I don't think it disproves God. God does that by not showing up.

IknowTruth wrote:
no wonder evolutionist make so much money becuase they can make up anything and you all will go buy it and think its factual.

What evolutionists make so much money? Who are you talking about?

Um ... I call troll. Ordinarily I'd just call shenanigans, but we've left the reasonable here.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote: magilum

IknowTruth wrote:

magilum wrote:

IknowTruth wrote:

"IKnowTruth - read a book, please for fuck's sake read a goddamned book."

actually i read many books and no books i believe will make evolution look believeable.

Read a book without the words, "Crichton" or "Strobel" on the cover. I'm not trying to make you understand evolution... in even the remotest, eighth grade kind of way. It's just... I'm laughing at you. When I read your posts, I feel bad, because I have to realize there's a person writing these things, and they're in this terrifying benighted state.

thank god cause no one understand evolution.

In your next sentence you complain about being persecuted for bad spelling and grammar, which is something I've hitherto not mentioned. So I gotta ask: are you baiting me into attacking this ridiculous literary abortion so that that unsubstantiated charge will hold?

IknowTruth wrote:

i make a few word errors and run on sentences because first off this isnt a spelling bee.this is a site with a bunch of atheist who believes in a process which there is no proof of nor how it even begin...sad, so i really dont care if i make a mistake on here, because im arguing with a bunch of people who believe in evolution and actually think that it disproves god sad... you all will believe anything " recently a big chunky skull was found called hytomphic-anoglus it dates back 300 million years" if i was to post this on the internet about 90% of the atheist will believe it. no wonder evolutionist make so much money becuase they can make up anything and you all will go buy it and think its factual. i may just become an under cover evolutionist so i can make money off you all.

You seem to have disengaged from the conversation completely, and have gone into a private fugue.

 


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:first off i

IknowTruth wrote:
first off i have never been refuted once on this board,

I agree, you've been refuted MANY more times than just once.

IknowTruth wrote:
and it isnt me that brought up abiogenesis evolutionist did. i really cant see how you all will try and seperate abiogenesis from evolution, when abiogenesis should be the most important because it is the origin of life.some how some inanimate matter evolved into living organisms...wow...evolutionist. i would do the same thing to avoid abiogenesis becuase it sounds so dumb just like evolution.

Once again you show you only have an understanding of Creationist Evolution and not Evolution and its associated scientific theory.

IknowTruth wrote:
i bet you all still think carbon dating also proves evolution.


No, it just provides the age of objects.  This age when it comes to objects such as fossils help us place them in the right order to see the changes over time.  If you're arguing that carbon dating is incorrect I would recommend you get your arse off Answers in Genesis and instead read the refutations and bad science pointed out by TalkOrigins.  Oh snap, yet another refutation.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
 Hey IknowTruth , Evoluti

 Hey IknowTruth ,

 Evolution is fact. Evolution doesn't have MOST the answers. But that is no reason to reject it. Just as I don't reject G AWE D, because god is basically a term for the unknown. I reject Dogma.

Get free friend.      


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
carbon dating sure can never

carbon dating sure can never prove a BILLION year old earth because first of all the earth isnt 4.7 billion years old. also the chemical changes in the air increase and change the calculations. most of the time carbon dating dated almost all the fossils to thousands of years not MILLIONS and BILLIONS. 


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:carbon

IknowTruth wrote:

carbon dating sure can never prove a BILLION year old earth because first of all the earth isnt 4.7 billion years old. also the chemical changes in the air increase and change the calculations. most of the time carbon dating dated almost all the fossils to thousands of years not MILLIONS and BILLIONS. 

I thought you were talking about carbon dating as it related to evolution, not the age of the earth?  Make up your mind.  If you want to check out the age of the earth and how it was determined then read this.

Carbon dating isn't the only form of dating something.  Radiocarbon dating is only accurate up to around 50,000 years.  Anything older needs to be dated via other methods such as radiometric dating etc.  Of course, you'd know this if you actually read the very short link in my previous post making it clear that you have no intention of actually arguing anything with us accurately but rather you'd prefer to argue the creationist misinterpretation of everything.

Oh snap, refuted again.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


Larty
Larty's picture
Posts: 145
Joined: 2007-05-25
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:here is a

IknowTruth wrote:

here is a link to the show it comes on discovery channel http://www.discoverytv.com/emea/most+evil.htm these people would commit crimes so horrible with no remorse you wouldnt even believe it. people really think all these people have only pshycological problems. no pshycological problems can cause you to kill people with ease and no regrets.

I have watched one partial episode of Most Evil (I only watched the episode partially because it was too sickening). It's amazingly ironic that you claim how only demons can cause mentally ill people to murder, when there's a PSYCHOLOGIST on the show explaining it!

Why do you have to ignore everything that you are told? It's damn annoying. And for chrissakes, stop personifying evolution like it's an entity with a will of it's own. The universe and evolution with the process of natural selection are inanimate.

 

Trust and believe in no god, but trust and believe in yourself.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Guys, just stop talking to

Guys, just stop talking to IKnowShit.  He's obviously a YEC that doesn't understand one thing about evolution.  He just wants to pretend that he does know.

*goes back to reading his new book "Understanding Human Evolution"*

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


rispettoso
rispettoso's picture
Posts: 12
Joined: 2008-03-28
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:why do we

IknowTruth wrote:
why do we cry when we see people are hurt or loose a loved one? simple answer god.
Even simpler answer, empathy.

Others answered you, but I'm now debating with an italian catholic on the very same issue, so I reflected a bit on your question.

Never bothered to ask "why reptilians - or fishes - or amphibians - do not show any sign of empathy? Do you have notice of a single snake suffering for the death of his master? God seems to be a bit selective when granting his gifts, at least.

You could consider, on the other hand, that we find empathy only in the species raising their young, and only in them. This could be a good hint, don't you think?

The fact is, mammals do care of their young. Without this care, no mammal would reach maturity. We would be all dead, as would be dead the dolphins, the monkeys, the rats and so on.
This care implies, as every human parent could tell you, a strong sensitivity for the children needs. These needs are often unexpressed, because our young still do not know how to communicate. We, as mammals, have the capability to read emotions, to express them, to "feel" them.

This strong and incredible capability, empathy, do allow us to feel sorrow and sadness not only for us, but for our kind too, and sometimes for other species too - especially for other mammals, because on this very thing we are much the same.

It's really a simple answer, right under our eyes. You don't need God to explain empathy.

 

 


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
rispettoso wrote:You could

rispettoso wrote:

You could consider, on the other hand, that we find empathy only in the species raising their young, and only in them. This could be a good hint, don't you think?

That's such an excellent answer, and I can't believe I didn't think of it.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence