RRS badges?

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS badges?

I was just wondering, it would be cool if there was some place where you could buy rrs badges. Does anyone sell these or is there someone who would make them? It'd be nice to pin it on my backpack or something.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was thinking of this about

I was thinking of this about a month ago.  Badges like the evolvefish one you could stick on cars and also ones with pins.  I was going to look up a few stores for rough prices on getting a few batches made ... but by the time I got home had completely forgotten about the idea.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:I was thinking

thingy wrote:

I was thinking of this about a month ago.  Badges like the evolvefish one you could stick on cars and also ones with pins.  I was going to look up a few stores for rough prices on getting a few batches made ... but by the time I got home had completely forgotten about the idea.

Just for that you deserve to lose your badge and your "superfan" title. HOW DARE YOU HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THIS BOARD. YOU YOU YOU HUMAN YOU!

SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF RRS!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
A quick check of several

A quick check of several online button printers tells me that you can get 250 round buttons (Like we used to wear on our jackets in the 80s)  for about $200, or approximately $0.75 each.  They would certainly make nice prizes, and if we could sell them for a couple of bucks, we'd make a few bucks.  We've already got RRS stuff at evolvefish.

As with everything, it's all about the money and the legwork.

Any volunteers?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll put up the money for

I'll put up the money for the first 250 of them.

Shalini
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ooohs, I would totally get

Ooohs, I would totally get one of those.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I'll put up the money

Quote:

Cool.  Now we just need the official OK from Brian, and a design.  Anyone want to design it?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:I'll

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Cool.  Now we just need the official OK from Brian, and a design.  Anyone want to design it?

The only problem is shipping.  Who ships?  We don't have time here at RRS house.

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Buttons are nice, but i'm

Buttons are nice, but i'm talking about badges badges. If you have a button on your backpack, hat, jacket, ect, it's not going to catch the eye. If you have what at first looks like a police badge, people are more apt to notice and examine it closer. I don't know of anybody that makes custom police like badges. If worse comes to worse I could just buy a fake badge from a costume store and fix it up. :-\

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
A lot of places do them here

A lot of places do them here in Sydney, I bought a FBI badge for about $80... not sure on the legality though. It would cost a fair bit to get a lot of those, I would call a police supplier and ask if they do custom jobs.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is a website, badges

Here is a website, badges are about $70 each but I am sure if you bulk buy you can get them for less. You could use them as prizes, honestly though I think its a bit of a gimmick that will get boring after a few days.

http://www.epolicesupply.com/

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.