RRS get's on sanshou's nerves [Trollville]

Aerik
BloggerRational VIP!Superfan
User is offlineOffline
RRS get's on sanshou's nerves [Trollville]

Sanshou is a guy I've known in the irc chatroom created and hosted by Janice Rael, aka Everlasting GodStopper, or for short, "Stopper." He's decided that The RRS Gets On His Nerves, and that they'd be more fitting as evangelicals. He won't explain why. I'm sure it's the usual "they're so immature" bullshit. But since I've known him in that irc room for around 2 years, I've seen him talk to theists plenty and I wonder what the fuck makes him think he's any better?! Also fucked up is that Stopper stopped in to declare "not my drama, not my problem" but also quote an article that wants the rrs removed from blogrolls, links, and discussion across the blogosphere. The article displays a complete misunderstanding if not twisting of an encounter with Braden of Unorthodox Atheism. Amazing how vacuous the arguments against RRS always seem to be.

{ Fixed URL tags - Edited by Mr. Atheist }

[OFF TO TROLLVILLE]

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
sanshou wrote:shelleymtjoy

sanshou wrote:

shelleymtjoy wrote:

I thought.  You did not.  I'm getting the impression that having to go through 100 clicks to post probably wouldn't get you to think - or read.

The problem is becoming clearer. You guys seem to be laboring under the delusion that you're thinking before you post (but I am not). I suggest you all take a moment to consider the all-too-real possibility that you're not as smart as you think you are.

Let's recap: you're defending a site design (one that's probably the result of nothing more than the obvious laziness that pervades the design elsewhere here) on the grounds that making it marginally harder to post discourages morons. Let's accept, for the sake of argument, your claim that I'm a moron. I still post. You still fail. You achieve no gain. Moreover, you obviously didn't think that through, so I guess you're a moron, too. And you still post. You still fail.

Thus, your argument is self defeating. This is irony. I note that fundie Christians can rarely appreciate it. Can you?

I lied. It is a little fun when you pwn yourself.

The argument isn't self defeating. No one has argued that it makes it impossible for people to post without thinking. Such an argument would be defeated by the likes of you.Really, if you are going to try and form an argument, take your time and consider your points. So far your attempts are pathetic.

As for your telling people they aren't as smart as they think they are, even if that were true, how could anybody ever know such a thing as someone can only think they are as smart as they think they are. It is impossible for someone to think they aren't as smart as they think they are or that they are smarter than they think they are.

So far you have shown to be lacking of reasoning abilities.

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
Vessel wrote:Ishmael

Vessel wrote:

Ishmael wrote:

But wait!  If what you say is true, how do you explain Brian Sapient's recent nasty personal attack against Janice Rael concerning her wait.  It happened in this very thread.  Do you think that the time "thinking" about it lead him to make this choice, despite his how making comments like that are going to hurt his image even further, no matter what Janice does?

I'm not Brian Sapient, but it seems to me he thought about his post and decided he wanted to post it anyway. It is not just a few short sentences of no real substance such as you often see when  one is encouraged to post whatever pops into their head but a ready and waiting text box. As far as his image goes, that doesn't effect me in the least so is none of my concern.

Since your a moderator here his almost thoroughly complete self-discrediting will "effect... [you] ...in the least" given that you have a position in this Org (lawl, "Org" ).  So you FAIL, once again.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
sanshou wrote:Let's recap:

sanshou wrote:

Let's recap: you're defending a site design (one that's probably the result of nothing more than the obvious laziness that pervades the design elsewhere here) on the grounds that making it marginally harder to post discourages morons. Let's accept, for the sake of argument, your claim that I'm a moron. I still post. You still fail. You achieve no gain. Moreover, you obviously didn't think that through, so I guess you're a moron, too. And you still post. You still fail.

I didn't design the site.  You made a suggestion which I thought was a bad idea and therefore I expressed why I thought felt it would not be ideal.  If you can scroll up past all your massive quote blocks, you'll see that the people that actually do design the site have an intention behind the existing system.

I did not claim you were a moron.  However I have noticed repeatedly now that despite all the quote blocks it's hard to believe you actually read what was in them because you make repeated interpretation errors in your attempts to paraphrase our argument.  If you really want some irony, your statement that apparently I claim you are a moron is yet another illustration of this.

Regardless, I'm done having this discussion. 

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ishmael wrote:Vessel

Ishmael wrote:

Vessel wrote:

Ishmael wrote:

But wait!  If what you say is true, how do you explain Brian Sapient's recent nasty personal attack against Janice Rael concerning her wait.  It happened in this very thread.  Do you think that the time "thinking" about it lead him to make this choice, despite his how making comments like that are going to hurt his image even further, no matter what Janice does?

I'm not Brian Sapient, but it seems to me he thought about his post and decided he wanted to post it anyway. It is not just a few short sentences of no real substance such as you often see when  one is encouraged to post whatever pops into their head but a ready and waiting text box. As far as his image goes, that doesn't effect me in the least so is none of my concern.

Since your a moderator here his almost thoroughly complete self-discrediting will "effect... [you] ...in the least" given that you have a position in this Org (lawl, "Org&quotEye-wink.  So you FAIL, once again.

What Org? This is simply a forum in which I am a moderator. Brian Sapient's reputation is his concern, not mine. My reputation effects me, his effects him.

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ishmael wrote:kellym78

Ishmael wrote:

kellym78 wrote:

Oh, dear...forgive the egregious oversight of not asking you exactly how our site should be designed. What were we thinking? Maybe we were thinking that it speeds up page loads by about three seconds, and since most people read a thread and don't necessarily reply, we thought it would be better to save them that time. But, hey--what do we know? We only run the number one atheist website in the world. Doh!

ETA: Since the thread has been moved to a private forum at RnR, are you going to bring all your little friends over to continue the LULZ here? Gee, that would be fantastic. 3p1c f41l for being full of AIDS. LULZ!!!1!!

ETA: FAIL.

Alexa traffic details link [mod edit: fixed link to restore margins]

"We're #1"

LOLOLOLoooo!!!!111

Don't you mean you give the best lap dance in the county?

How about checking the 3 month average (rank--not reach, smarty-pants).

Us- 21,707

Dawkins 22,859

LOL!! Who's so smart that they don't know how to work Alexa? We had three rough days due to the site upgrade, and that's the only reason he jumped ahead for 3 whole days. Dumbass.

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
Kelly r srs atheist

Kelly r srs atheist activist! 

another link

[mod edit: shortened troll's link]

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
sanshou wrote:These are all

sanshou wrote:

These are all intended in the spirit of friendship. I say this with total seriousness: these ideas will change  your life.

1) Put the text box at the bottom of the page. Save a click. Trust me, this forum can't get any dumber.

2) Put some links to navigate thread pages at the top, so people can jump to whatever page they want without scrolling.

3) I didn't see a place for themes. If you don't have 'em, get 'em. Being stuck in this white on black theme is kind of a bummer.

4) Implement a reputation system. That way, the true bad ass posters will be known by their reputation. There will be no further confusion about who the toughest guy on the Internet is.

I'll post more thoughts and suggestions as they occur to me. Guys, I really think if we work together we can make something of this place!

I have a friendly suggestion for you--Go Fuck Yourself. Smiling

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote: I have a

kellym78 wrote:

I have a friendly suggestion for you--Go Fuck Yourself. Smiling

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
It's a six month review, and

It's a six month review, and you just got self pwned again.  But just so you and everyone else here knows how much you FAIL, here's a year graphic:

Another Alexa link

Here is three months as you say:

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. 

And Alexa again

[mod edit: shortened links to repair  margins]

At least you have something to fall back on...

I have 20 bucks, how about a lap dance?

Tears In The Rain
User is offlineOffline
Vessel wrote:sanshou

Vessel wrote:

sanshou wrote:

shelleymtjoy wrote:

I thought.  You did not.  I'm getting the impression that having to go through 100 clicks to post probably wouldn't get you to think - or read.

The problem is becoming clearer. You guys seem to be laboring under the delusion that you're thinking before you post (but I am not). I suggest you all take a moment to consider the all-too-real possibility that you're not as smart as you think you are.

Thus, your argument is self defeating. This is irony. I note that fundie Christians can rarely appreciate it. Can you?

I lied. It is a little fun when you pwn yourself.

The argument isn't self defeating. No one has argued that it makes it impossible for people to post without thinking. Such an argument would be defeated by the likes of you.Really, if you are going to try and form an argument, take your time and consider your points. So far your attempts are pathetic.

As for your telling people they aren't as smart as they think they are, even if that were true, how could anybody ever know such a thing as someone can only think they are as smart as they think they are. It is impossible for someone to think they aren't as smart as they think they are or that they are smarter than they think they are.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not as smart as I think I am.

Getting back to sanshou's suggestions, you guys seem to think that making it take extra clicks to post forces people to put more thought into their posts. It doesn't. It just takes more clicks.

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
SUP

TITR! What is UP my negro?

Also: get a load of these scrubs.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
sanshou wrote:shelleymtjoy

sanshou wrote:

shelleymtjoy wrote:

sanshou wrote:

A text box for replies that's available without clicking 'Reply' would be nice, for example.

This is totally off-topic but I had to put in my $0.02 on this comment.  Allowing people to reply in that fashion encourages people to just shout without thinking.  Nothing personal, but we already have enough of that.

Good point. 'Allowing people to reply' is bad for 'free thought'.

Wow, talk about quoting out of context.  I don't know if it's possible to self pwn as effectively and efficiently as that.  You're certainly quite profound when it comes to making every post of yours and point you attempt to make null and void.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
Moar Suggestions (Part Deux)

Seriously guys, the site needs work.

1) If user does not enter a title for the post, it should be left blank.

2) Loading a thread should automatically navigate to the last post viewed.

3) Posting a new thread should not navigate back to first page of thread, instead user should end up viewing the post he just made.

4) There seems to be a rendering issue whereby pages are intermittently too wide for the window, necessitating side scrolling (yuk!). 

4) Add Officially Spanked By RnR* to the site name.

*Just kidding. You're already lame enough Laughing out loud Hahah! I make joke!

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vessel wrote:.As for your

Vessel wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOL

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
By The Way...

Hate to pick nits, but could one of you charming mods fix the spelling error in the thread title? The RRS 'gets' on my nerves, it doesn't 'get's' on my nerves.

Honestly, I'm rethinking my opinion anyway. This place is a blast.

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
sanshou wrote:Vessel

sanshou wrote:

Vessel wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOL

And now we see the only real level of argumentation you are capable of. I'll leave you children to play with yourselves.  Been so much fun, but I'm tired of toying with trolls.

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL

Unintentional Irony:

Vessel wrote:

And now we see the only real level of argumentation you are capable of. I'll leave you children to play with yourselves.  Been so much fun, but I'm tired of toying with trolls.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ishmael wrote:It's a six

Ishmael wrote:

It's a six month review, and you just got self pwned again.  But just so you and everyone else here knows how much you FAIL, here's a year graphic:

Another Alexa link

Here is three months as you say:

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. 

And Alexa again

[mod edit: shortened links to repair  margins]

At least you have something to fall back on...

I have 20 bucks, how about a lap dance?

Once again, reach does not equal rank!

A site's official Alexa stats are the 3 month average rank. The rank is a combination of reach and page views. Are you really that dishonest? Why don't you show the pageviews graph where we kill everybody else by a long shot? You selectively choose one graph, which is NOT the ranking of a site, anyway, just because you think you have somehow proven me wrong with your dishonest idiocy. LEARN HOW TO READ!

And I wouldn't give you a lapdance if you had the last twenty dollar bill on the planet, asshat.

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
Owned:and yeah, u'd give

Owned:

[mod edit: Personal Attack]

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
Oh, and while I am at it,

Oh, and while I am at it, let put your ridiculous claim into perspective:

YOU FAIL AT LIFE:

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blue Steel or Magnum?

You decide:

fluffz
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I think RnR is a pretty cool

I think RnR is a pretty cool guy, he uses captioned pictures to make points and doesn't afraid of anything.

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
LOLOLOLCOPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

LOLOLOLCOPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Titz changed the alexa graphics when the facts didn't support her lame assersion that RRS was the best atheist site in the world.  What a fucking joke u people are.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
What exactly are you trying

What exactly are you trying to say? That I changed a graphic that you had posted in your comment? This is the first time I even saw it, dipshits. Not to mention, how exactly do I change the graphic to begin with? And what do those pictures prove except the fact that we have had a huge increase in traffic over the past 4-5 months? The 7 day chart reflects the past 7 days--it changes your rank daily for the top 100,000 sites. The 3 month average is still what is considered the "official" rank.

And thanks for your completely sexist remark. Calling me "titz"? How fucking juvenile.

You people are obviously not only immature, but also mentally challenged. I'm done here. Your lame attempts at disparaging my character, or that of other members, will be deleted from here on out. Try posting criticisms with some relevant criticism instead of being little troll bitches.

ETA: Just so our supporters know we're not full of shit...

This is the three months traffic rank chart. We're obviously close, our avg is only 900 or so above them. The day-to-day can vary, as it obviously does for both sites. The two days we dropped really low, we actually had been blacklisted from Alexa and had to contact them to fix that. That settles it so just drop it dumbasses.

lpetrich
lpetrich's picture
User is offlineOffline
The RnR People are Back Again...

They have some VERY serious charges about you people, charges that I hope that you people will be willing to address.They claim that Rook Hawkins is not worthy of the title "historian", because he is a self-taught high-school graduate who has cribbed much of his work from the likes of Richard Carrier and Dennis McKinsey. They also claim that he is a bad writer who misspells a lot.Some of them ask if Rook Hawkins can read any ancient authors in the languages they wrote in, and whether he can read an actual ancient document as opposed to a modern printed edition. They claim that offering "degree-level" courses puts you people on the level with diploma mills like Kent Hovind's alma mater, Patriot Bible University. They asked whether taking a RRS course could get one credit in an accredited college.As to debating the Banana Boys, they claim that the Banana Boys were not exactly tough debaters. Though in fairness to you people, it was not evident in advance. For all we had known, Ray Comfort could have been wanting to talk at length about "necessary" vs. "contingent" being, as Thomas Aquinas had done, or else talk at length about "complex specified information", as William Dembski does.They've also made a big issue out of the money that you people charge for accessing certain features of your site. And about Brian Sapient's itchiness toward EverLastingGodStopper. And also about Kelly's breasts and her, er, career. 

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
great points!

Those are some awesome points we made, LP, though I must point out that they were also much funnier in their original context.

Next time, try employing the witty, succinct style favored by RnR members when paraphrasing our hilarious disses.

Aaron
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:I have just

Sapient wrote:

I have just remembered that my name was actually chosen by both Jake and Aaron on a 3 way conversation.  It was the first name suggested and they both concurred.  I have always been proud and honored that I didn't choose the name myself.  But the moron Sanshou wouldn't know that because he lacks the critical inquiry ability to fucking ask.

That's not quite how your christening occurred , yet it's close enough to compel my first post.

sanshou
Troll
sanshou's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aaron wrote:Sapient wrote:I

Aaron wrote:

Sapient wrote:

I have just remembered that my name was actually chosen by both Jake and Aaron on a 3 way conversation.  It was the first name suggested and they both concurred.  I have always been proud and honored that I didn't choose the name myself.  But the moron Sanshou wouldn't know that because he lacks the critical inquiry ability to fucking ask.

That's not quite how your christening occurred , yet it's close enough to compel my first post.

Sounds like a certain butthurt someone is missing the point.

Ishmael
Troll
User is offlineOffline
Nope.  Owned again, dumb,

Nope.  Owned again, dumb, dumb, dumb and thinks she smart.

The truth is what you should tell your cult members, that you were number for a short time and now you and your site are going down the toilet because of your asshattery, self promotion, and simply ridiculous claims concerning yourselves (e.g. Rook Hawkins -- lol).

And, compared to other sites on the internet, yours and RichardDawkins.net are miserable failurs in ranking.  So please, please stfu.

kelley titzmagee needs to stfu

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is it about the words

What is it about the words "three month average" that this dipshit doesn't get?

Yo-you clearly don't understand how to operate Alexa or how it is looked at by webmasters, advertisers, etc. And if you don't know enough to know that an Alexa 3 month average rank of 21,707 is very good, considering there are approx. 8 billion sites on the internet, then you need to STFU. K thx. (BTW - it's good to turn off the graph smoothing for seven day charts--it's much more accurate. But you probably don't know how to do that, do you?)

I'm done with this retarded conversation. Thread closed.