Poor design on the websight [Trollville]

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor design on the websight [Trollville]

This site's look leaves much to be desired.  It's straight out of 1998.  I can't bring myself to visit this site very often because the design is so poor.  I mean, come on, I've seen Creation Science web sites with better design quality.  Surely one of you guys can bring this thing into the 21st century.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
O RLY?

O RLY?

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Instead of just offering

Instead of just offering useless criticisms why don't you offer suggestions?  The crew that runs this site runs it to the best of their ability on limited funds. 

Seeing as how your first post is of the nit-picky nature, I'm not sure why you think someone would even care about your opinion.  Of course, that is just my opinion and I certainly don't represent the majority of folks on this forum, much less those that developed it.  

Find something better to bitch about.  

If god takes life he's an indian giver

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, you'll note i put

Well, you'll note i put this in Trollville and saved you the trouble of moderating the comment here.

I don't think my distaste for the design of the site is nit-picky.  I think a professional looking web site design lends credibility to the authors and subject matter being discussed.  While there is certainly a lot of worthwhile content, the presentation of it makes it seem like it comes from an untrustworthy source.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not moderating in the

I'm not moderating in the least.  I was only giving my opinion of your post.  You're more than entitled to it as I am of mine. Sapient has already stated in other threads that they are in midst of overhauling the site.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wasn't "accusing" you of

I wasn't "accusing" you of attempting to moderate me.  In fact I really hate it when people bitch about moderators moderating.  It's a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, by stating that Sapient is in the midst of overhauling the site, you've alleviated my anxiety on this subject and for that I am thankful.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Style! Substance! Style! Sub

Style!

Substance!

Style!

Substance!

Tastes great!

Less filling!

Style!

Fashion!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Are you volunteering to

Are you volunteering to create new Drupal themes? Say yes.

I think they're working on an overhaul.

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: Are you

magilum wrote:
Are you volunteering to create new Drupal themes?

I've done wordpress themes, but no drupal themes.  Maybe I should work on that. 

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone forgot to tell

Someone forgot to tell Google, Youtube, and Wikipedia that simplistic websites never do well. lol.

I didn't join up here to be hypnotized by happy-ass bright flashing lights, but if people want that stuff then I'm cool with it.

Given the RRS track record since inception, I have little doubt that anything done will be considered a downgrade. Sapient likes shiny new things as much as any technophile alive.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   evilsatan, are you

evilsatan, are you offering to help ?

or just a bitch ?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
I'd volunteer to work on a

I'd volunteer to work on a crisp new design, but last time I worked on Drupal, I think I peed a little.

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, Drupal is a hot mess,

Yeah, Drupal is a hot mess, but designing a high traffic site might look good on a resume.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree that the website

I agree that the website could use some work. (I think the design isn't too much of a problem. My main complaint is that the website could be much quicker loading.) Do you have any specific suggestions? If so, I'm sure the website team would love to hear them. Vague "improve" or "make it professional" statements aren't really helpful though because it doesn't say what you would consider an improvement or professional.

<rant>

As for Drupal, I have put together an assassination plan (joke). They need to learn how to create a user-friendly templating system. Currently it's a mish-mash of HTML and PHP code and much of it consists of variables where HTML code is inside the variables and you cannot find where in the world the variable originates to alter the HTML code. Sometimes if you try to delete useless CSS files (0 bytes in size) the entire website will break! I don't know if I could create a more convoluted piece of crap if I tried.

function template_bit(variables) {
return <<<EOF
__HTML_CODE_HERE
EOF;
}

Call the template_bit when needed. Is that so difficult, Drupal developers? Is it?

And the available Drupal themes for the most part suck—not because of their design but stupid code decisions. For example, some themes set margins between the browser window and the boxes on the left side of the webpage using font-points or em-spacing. Why in the world are font-points or the length of em-dashes being used to set margins? Do they fear that if the user selects in their browser to receive large fonts that the humongous paragraphs will be unreadable if there aren't humongous margins to push them away from the browser window?

Then, of course, they mix content and presentation by using CSS inside the HTML code instead of moving it to a separate file—if you change a portion of the CSS file and don't see a rendering change, you go back to the CSS file wondering what went wrong in your edit only to realize, thirty minutes later, that the imbecile was over-riding your CSS by the CSS he or she placed in the HTML code where it doesn't belong. The people who create Drupal themes generally make no sense.

Some web developers and designers make me want to rush into their mother's basement, beat the hell out of them, then punch their mother for complaining about it.

</rant>

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was understanding

I was understanding 'em-spacing', 'font-points', and 'borders'.

After that, I was just witnessing in the background

"Go, brother."

"What he said!"

"No CSS in the HTML AMEN!"

"Punch the mothers!"

Sorry to interject. Natural curiosity has prompted me to add this topic to the reading list. I'll be quiet now and let the big dogs talk. 

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, here is a specific

Ok, here is a specific example. On the following page the blockquote background color is too light for white text.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/extremist_response_squad

The offending code is in this file:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/themes/box_grey/style.css

Either the text color or the background color should be changed to a darker color to improve readability. Here is a website that can help you with that:

http://juicystudio.com/services/colourcontrast.php

And to answer a previous comment about using em dash and pt quantities, it's an accessibility issue. pt and em sizes are relative sizes and px is a fixed size. For maximum accessibility you aren't supposed to use fixed sizes, but with the lousy browser support of standards, I personally have a hard time getting away from using fixed sizes.

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree about the blockquote

I agree about the blockquote not having enough contrast.

As for em and pt sizing, I realize those are used for text to improve accessibility for those with vision impairments. My complaint concerned the use of them for setting the size of margins. Why a text block on the left would need to be spaced from the browser window by 2em (two of these — relative to the chosen font size), for example, is beyond my ability to fathom.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   me sorry, evilsatan, I

me sorry, evilsatan, I thought you were just being evil, .... with those red eyes !  

for contrast I blue the text with my mouse

refreshing the page sometimes fixes the window overlaps and stretched text

OR better, hitting the reply button then hitting the back button ..... sometimes works ??? 

IE being the most common browser while Firefox being the most popular adds to the problem

would be nice to fix all that, go RRS .... 

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to agree with

I have to agree with evilsatan....

And for the record, yeah... I'm only bitchin !

Of course you guys don't have the funding of the church of scientology to make a cool and slick site like they have... But I'm sure it could be better than this.

If I offended the creators of this site... well... I've offended them.

You'll get over it, I'm sure ! 

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Yeah there are tons of

Yeah there are tons of problems on the site.  The best way to help is to give specific suggestions.  Over the last few months we've been working on handling the objections raised by the "your site suxorz" crowd, and we've spent a bunch of time talking to other site admins.  It turns out that every single website admin we've talked to that owns other atheist sites all hear the same stuff "your site sucks" followed by a lack of constructive criticism.  Do people realize "teh site dezin suxorz" doesn't help us at all?

Thanks for the follow up advice on the block coloration.  I agree with that one.  That issue has been addressed in the new version of our site, which right now is mostly a white background, a very very light blue background on posts, and black text.  This is a simplistic design we've implemented due to a few people raising the objection you raised.  Hopefully you will be around to witness everyone who gets pissed at us because our site is simplistic and lighter in color next month so you can see firsthand that it is a complete impossibility to make 15,000 people happy with everything on our site.  

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, direct from the horse's

Wow, direct from the horse's mouth. Where else do you get service like that? The new design sounds like it's going to be a winner to me. And I'll keep my eye out for any more problems that I might see and will offer specifics if possible. Maybe you could add a section to the forums just for XHTML nazis like myself to moan and bitch about site mechanics.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
evilsatan wrote: Yeah,

evilsatan wrote:
Yeah, Drupal is a hot mess, but designing a high traffic site might look good on a resume.

If anyone ever finds a company in which creation of the largest atheist website in the world would be good on a resume please let me know.  Even our chemical engineer and microbiologist partner has problems with theistic human personel directors.  I've always wondered how I would explain these years if I ever had to work in the real world again.  

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Yeah there

Sapient wrote:

Yeah there are tons of problems on the site. The best way to help is to give specific suggestions. 

I once wrote:

I don't really care about the color scheme, the layout is what troubles me.

The site is packed with to much information on the first page, this makes it hard to get around and it makes each page longer than they should to reload. I had to search for 5 minutes to find where my PM box was. So I suggest a more simple and "to the point" main page.

You didn't like my suggestions so...

Can I bitch now ?   Sticking out tongue   

If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Personally I'd rather see

Personally I'd rather see the pages load faster and the site work better with IE than see a bunch of flashy graphics.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:
Personally I'd rather see the pages load faster and the site work better with IE...

There's your problem right there. Are you using IE 6 or 7?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
6. I downloaded IE7 a bit

6. I downloaded IE7 a bit over a year ago but hated it so much I deleted it. Too hard to get my e mail and too many extras I couldn't figure out - and some of  the stuff I was used to wasn't there.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit (once

Girl Dancing In Orbit (once wrote) wrote:

I had to search for 5 minutes to find where my PM box was.

I did this too, initially - but now checking out the little number next to my inbox is second nature.  In fact I can see it as I'm typing this response now.  Also, GDIO, don't you get an e-mail when you have a PM which includes the link?  If not, you can edit this under "My Account."

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote: Girl

shelleymtjoy wrote:

I did this too, initially - but now checking out the little number next to my inbox is second nature. In fact I can see it as I'm typing this response now. Also, GDIO, don't you get an e-mail when you have a PM which includes the link? If not, you can edit this under "My Account."

My problem is not that I can't use a computer (I'm not a smart girl... But I'm not that stupid lol)

I know where the PM box is now, that's not a problem. 

The problem I have with the RRS website is that it's not as intuitive as it could be which makes it hard for new people to get around the site... But of course, even without using calculus of general relativity mathematics, we can still figure it out and manage to get around....

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

Girl Dancing In Orbit wrote:
shelleymtjoy wrote:

I did this too, initially - but now checking out the little number next to my inbox is second nature. In fact I can see it as I'm typing this response now. Also, GDIO, don't you get an e-mail when you have a PM which includes the link? If not, you can edit this under "My Account."

My problem is not that I can't use a computer (I'm not a smart girl... But I'm not that stupid lol)

I know where the PM box is now, that's not a problem.

The problem I have with the RRS website is that it's not as intuitive as it could be which makes it hard for new people to get around the site... But of course, even without using calculus of general relativity mathematics, we can still figure it out and manage to get around....

Girl dancing in orbit, as screwed up as this sounds... if it takes someone 5 minutes of clicking around in order to find a function or feature of the site, this is actually a benefit to the site.  We are ranked and are paid by advertisers based on pageviews and length of visits, our "sponsors" are reliant on page views.  With that said due to the nature of what we do here, I don't mind that we ocassionaly lose someone that isn't willing to take some time to figure out how our site works.  If someone is willing to spend some time to figure out how the site works, that lends a little credence to their desire to become a productive member of the community here.  And yes, I understand the obverse to this argument, and I see the validity of the other side of this.  The site wasn't purposefully created to make it hard to navigate, it was created with the opposite intent... just saying.

FWIW: I happen to think the site is a complete breeze to navigate and Kelly told me that before she lived with me full time and she went to this site for the first time she felt it was perfectly easy to find everything.   

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:   Girl

Sapient wrote:

Girl dancing in orbit, as screwed up as this sounds... if it takes someone 5 minutes of clicking around in order to find a function or feature of the site, this is actually a benefit to the site. We are ranked and are paid by advertisers based on pageviews and length of visits, our "sponsors" are reliant on page views. With that said due to the nature of what we do here, I don't mind that we ocassionaly lose someone that isn't willing to take some time to figure out how our site works. If someone is willing to spend some time to figure out how the site works, that lends a little credence to their desire to become a productive member of the community here. And yes, I understand the obverse to this argument, and I see the validity of the other side of this. The site wasn't purposefully created to make it hard to navigate, it was created with the opposite intent... just saying.

FWIW: I happen to think the site is a complete breeze to navigate and Kelly told me that before she lived with me full time and she went to this site for the first time she felt it was perfectly easy to find everything.

I get your point. Eye-wink

And as I said ! You don't agree with me and you don't like my suggestions. It's your site, it's ok.

I'll get over it, dont' worry.

But in the meantime. Let me bitch ! It's good for my blood pressure and when my blood pressure is low I get this fuzzy feeling inside that makes me want sing the whole repertoire of The sound of music. Don't deny me this pleasure please !

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
The website has flaws but

The website has flaws but works fine and gets the job done.  I think the OP is just a techno-snot that feels the need to boost his own techno-ego by tactlessly coming in here on his opening post to rag the site.

Guys like this are one of the reasons I'm f'n sick of the technology bidness...some over zealous shithead always thinks their way is better.  It almost reminds me of religious zeal. 

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
HC Grindon wrote: The

HC Grindon wrote:

The website has flaws but works fine and gets the job done.  I think the OP is just a techno-snot that feels the need to boost his own techno-ego by tactlessly coming in here on his opening post to rag the site.

Guys like this are one of the reasons I'm f'n sick of the technology bidness...some over zealous shithead always thinks their way is better.  It almost reminds me of religious zeal. 

That's what the internet's all about buddy. People coming in and making honest, yet anonymous comments in a consequence free environment. It's good to blow off steam sometimes.

HC Grindon
User is offlineOffline
evilsatan wrote: HC

evilsatan wrote:
HC Grindon wrote:

The website has flaws but works fine and gets the job done. I think the OP is just a techno-snot that feels the need to boost his own techno-ego by tactlessly coming in here on his opening post to rag the site.

Guys like this are one of the reasons I'm f'n sick of the technology bidness...some over zealous shithead always thinks their way is better. It almost reminds me of religious zeal.

That's what the internet's all about buddy. People coming in and making honest, yet anonymous comments in a consequence free environment. It's good to blow off steam sometimes.

It's also rude.  At least you stuck it in trollville though.

BTW, my wife thinks you are my doppelganger (and says I'm a hypocrite because I used to make techno-snot comments all the time a few years ago). 

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is your wife a good looking

Is your wife a good looking as she is wise? If so she should be on the cover of Maxim.

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is your wife a good looking

PS - this site needs something to prevent me from double posting as well.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
evilsatan wrote: PS - this

evilsatan wrote:
PS - this site needs something to prevent me from double posting as well.

You mean like gigantic scrolling and flashing text: "click once" next to the post button? 

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote: > You

shelleymtjoy wrote:
>

You mean like gigantic scrolling and flashing text: "click once" next to the post button? 

Nah, something more along the lines of a spam filter that prevents you from posting more than once within 30 seconds. That way if I accidently hit the button twice it won't post my topic twice. It would post it, then reject the second click because it was too quick after the first one.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

Sapient wrote:

I get your point. Eye-wink

And as I said ! You don't agree with me and you don't like my suggestions. It's your site, it's ok.

I'll get over it, dont' worry.

But in the meantime. Let me bitch ! It's good for my blood pressure and when my blood pressure is low I get this fuzzy feeling inside that makes me want sing the whole repertoire of The sound of music. Don't deny me this pleasure please !

Actually I like all suggestions that come across in a constructive manner.  I believe you are legitimately trying to be constructive.  With that said, I also have a high level of confidence in my approach, and recognize that some advice may be based on your view of our site as you see it, where as I have an additional subset of knowledge on the issue.  By all means, everyone who has legitimate constructive criticism, please keep it up.  With that said if the thread develops enough I think you will find that it is impossible to make everyone completely content with the design of our site seeing as how there are so many different personality types and preferences suggested by the community. 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
evilsatan

evilsatan wrote:
shelleymtjoy wrote:
>

Nah, something more along the lines of a spam filter that prevents you from posting more than once within 30 seconds. That way if I accidently hit the button twice it won't post my topic twice. It would post it, then reject the second click because it was too quick after the first one.

Agreed.  To be honest, I thought I already had one in.  We'll get that added to the list.  Want to see the list?  I haven't shown it to anyone in public.  Here are some thoughts and lined up site enhancements (next step is to set a schedule for their implementation).......

http://drupal.org/project/boost

This module provides static page caching for Drupal 4.7 and 5.x, enabling a potentially very significant performance and scalability boost for heavily-trafficked Drupal sites.

http://drupal.org/project/site_map

This module provides a site map that gives visitors an overview of your site. It can also display the RSS feeds for all blogs and categories. Drupal generates the RSS feeds automatically that few seem to be aware that they exist.

The site map can display the following items:

• A message to be displayed above the site map
    * The latest blogs.
    * Any books that optionally will be displayed fully expanded.
    * Any menus that will be displayed fully expanded.
    * Any categories, i.e vocabulary, with all the terms expanded. Optionally with node counts and RSS feeds.
    * A syndication block, the "more" link goes to the site map.

http://drupal.org/project/syndication

Syndication.module offers a web page which centralizes all of the RSS feeds generated by Drupal. This helps users find interesting feeds from your web site.

http://drupal.org/project/faq

The Frequently Asked Questions (faq) module allows users with the 'administer faq' permission to create question and answer pairs which they want displayed on the 'faq' page. The 'faq' page is automatically generated from the FAQ nodes configured. There are a number of features available in the 5.x and 6.x branches which are not available in 4.7.x. The 4.7.x branch is now only receiving bug fixes. All new features will be done for Drupal 5.x and 6.x.

http://drupal.org/project/feedbuttons

The feedbuttons.module enables a block which shows button-links allowing users to subscribe to your site's feed in their favorite RSS reader (Google, Bloglines, Newsgator, Pluck, etc.). Based on http://www.toprankresults.com/tools/button-maker.php.

http://drupal.org/project/feedparser

This package provides a drop in replacement for the aggregator.module but provides an API to extend the feed parsing capabilities of Drupal.

Features include

• Generate Nodes or (aggregator.module style) Items from a feed.
  • Uses standard Drupal taxonomy for feed categories.
  • Updating as frequently as every 5 minutes.
  • Abilitity to never expire aggregated content.
  • OPML import / export
  • Support for unlimited enclosures per feed item.
  • Inserting of feed item categories into Drupal's taxonomy.
  • Developers API
  • Uses externally developed parsing engine

http://drupal.org/project/moderation_log

This module logs the modifications of nodes and comments done by non-authors (that is, anyone with the "administer content" or "administer comments" privileges) and displays the statistics on these modifications in a block as well as a detailed view of the modifications on separate pages.

http://drupal.org/project/linksdb

Small module to allow you to maintain a simple categorised database of external site links.

http://drupal.org/project/htmltidy

This module tidies up Drupal's HTML output.
It currently supports, configured via the normal interface, indenting, word wrapping, and optional info/warning/error information appended to pages including wrong HTML attributes and w3c validation info.

http://drupal.org/project/htmlwrap

This is a simple filter module which wraps input by breaking long words and preventing them from damaging your layout. This is a common problem on site with newbie or troll commenters who post long urls, or nonsense words to destroy the site layout. You cannot generally wrap a single word with css or table layouts.  This filter will add a line break into words at a certain length and will not break html like long urls in a tags.

http://drupal.org/project/members

17 july 2007: More updates: weighted fields added!

Functionalities:

• Supports profile module and i18nprofile
  • Display a tabular and sortable display of user fields, roles and fields added by the profile module
  • Multiple members pages and blocks, each with their own settings
  • Menu items and direct, user-set urls
  • Set the amount of users per page
  • Access control per role
  • Option to obfuscate e-mail addresses to prevent spam-harvesting

http://drupal.org/project/watermark

http://drupal.org/project/flag_content

This module allows users to flag nodes, comments, or users for the adminstrator to review. Examples are offensive content, spam, offtopic stuff, ...etc.

The admin can specify which type of nodes are allowed to be flagged, as well as whether users and comments can be flagged.

An email is sent to the administrator to notify them who flagged what. The flagged items are also queued for the administrator to review. They can edit, delete or unflag the item.

New features for release 2.x:

• Ability to flag users and comments, in addition to nodes.
  • Anonymous users can flag content.
  • The user doing the flagging is displayed next to each item.

http://drupal.org/project/planet

Planet is an aggregator that allows you to aggregate the blogs for users in a given role (e.g. staff) and associate content with the users rather than as a detached feed. This provides the benefit of showing avatars with content, providing per-user aggregation of planet content in addition to blog content, etc.

To use planet, go to admin/settings/planet and note the following sections:

• Recent Items. This is a queue of items that have recently been pulled into the site. The convert column allows you to turn them into bona fide blog posts. This is useful if you want to feature blog posts front and center and keep planet as a secondary content view. Conversion allows you to float site-relevant content to the mainstream while providing a view of more general content from your members.
  • General Settings. The auto-publish value is a string that the module looks for in categories (if possible) or within a post itself. Posts that include the value will be auto-converted into blog entries. The role to select bloggers from lets you narrow the user list for when you're adding a feed and associating it with a user. A common setting will be to create a staff role and use this for planet.
  • Feeds. This section lets you add a new feed. Give it a title, select an author, provide the feed url, and you're off. You'll have to manually refresh it or wait for a cron run for items to be imported.
  • Feeds. This section lists current feeds, when they were last updated, how many items they have, and it allows you to edit, refresh, or freeze them. Freezing is a quick way to temporarily suspend updates from the given feed.

http://drupal.org/project/shoutbox  (PRAYERS TO JAKE)

The Shoutbox module provides a block where visitors can quickly post short messages. Permissions can be set so that posts go live immediately or go to a moderation queue. A cron option allows the administrator to have old shouts deleted. The shoutbox has been updated for Drupal 5.x.

http://drupal.org/project/taxonomy_ticker (PRAYERS TO JAKE)

Provides a block displaying titles of nodes (related to a particular taxonomy term) in a scrolling news ticker. The "ticking" code integrates well in Drupal xhtml code (which means that it doesn't break w3c validation). In particular, the code does not rely on "document.write()". This work was sponsored by Koumbit.org. It's possible to configure the scrolling type (vertical, horizontal) and display speed (extra slow to extra fast).

http://drupal.org/project/revision_deletion

DESCRIPTION/FEATURES
--------------------
* Enables the ability to mass delete aging node revisions. Possible settings include node type, the age of node revision before being deleted, along with a cron frequency setting. The revisions may be deleted after review on an administer page as well. This module will NEVER delete the current revision of a node.

·         Automate the process of deleting old revisions with the cron functionality.

http://drupal.org/project/xtracker

This module provides a drop in replacement for the core tracker module, but with the following differences:

• Ability to display terms from a certain category as tabs, then users can restrict the listing to the one term in the category
  • Interfaces with the nodevote.module and displays score for each node
  • All columns displayed are sortable, so the output can be sorted by node type, author name, title, number of replies, date of last reply, or the score from node vote.
  • Configurable number of nodes per page

http://drupal.org/project/hidden_content

This module enables you to view parts of a node to a special role or user only.
Detailed usage instructions can be found under /filter/tips on a page that has this module enabled.

http://drupal.org/project/ajaxim

Adds free AJAX messenger to your Drupal site.

This is a fork of ajaxim chat to make it closer to drupal.

http://drupal.org/node/14553

This is a small instant messenger module. It allows registered, active users to send short messenges to each other.

The Instant Messages are sent via a messaging block that allows you to select the user and then send a message to that user. The message appears at the top of the next page viewed by that user.

http://drupal.org/project/onlinestatus

This Module adds Online Status Indicator Support for the most common Instant Messangers into Drupal.
At the Moment "Onlinestatus Indicator" has support for:

Important: Your PHP installation needs CURL Support.

http://drupal.org/project/chat_gabbly

The module is based on the free gabbly.com chat widget technology. It allows you to embed a chat system in your site with minimal work.

The chat window uses AJAX to avoid page refreshes.

Standard Gabbly chat widget features include:

• Mute individual users from conversation
  • Sounds on/off
  • Show/hide user list
  • It doesn't require Flash, Java or an IRC server - just JavaScript.

In addition to the standard Gabbly features i've added:

• Ability to provide your site users with multiple chat rooms.
  • Access control for chat usage
  • Make chat rooms semi-private so people cannot just guess the name and join from outside of your site.
  • If you allow anonymous users to chat, they can configure their nick name. Logged in users must use their Drupal username.

Chat room: http://drupal.org/node/70707

This module enables chat rooms to be set up on Drupal sites. No additional software is required. Chat Room uses AJAX to update chats without page reloads. Chat rooms are nodes that provide access to chats and chat archives. This module does not support pop-up windows or invitations.

http://drupal.org/project/linksdb

Small module to allow you to maintain a simple categorised database of external site links.

http://drupal.org/project/controlpanel

This module adds a new graphical control panel page. It allows the user to specify the menu path to use as the source for the Control Panel. ''admin' is the default. It also allows the user to specify if the want the Control Panel module to recursively build sub panels for the main Control Panel. The 4.7 version supports collapsable sub panels. (collapsable panels within panels) The 4.7 version also has the ability to generate the Control Panel via a block(s). This makes it particularly usefull with the new block regions capability available in 4.7. Also, theme's can override the icons used by the Control Panel by creating a 'controlpanel' directory in the theme base directory and placing their theme specific icons in this new directory.

http://drupal.org/project/acidfree

A full-featured media management system for drupal. This makes it so you can easily manage your photos and videos with drupal. Acidfree albums and media items are drupal nodes to integrate better into your system. It offers themeable drawing routines for albums and each media type so it can fit in better with the rest of your website. Items can be added individually (the drupal node-centric method) and also via a mass-import page that allows server-side directories of media to be imported or zipped, bzipped or gzipped archives to be uploaded and imported.

http://drupal.org/project/premium

Restricts access to premium content by role.

This is useful on a news or membership site where teasers are available to the general public but the full body is only available to privileged users. Premium nodes appear in listings with full title and teaser available to anyone. If a user does not have adequate privileges, the body is replaced with an administrator-defined message (for example, an invitation to join the site).

Premium features time settings, so premium status can end (protecting latest content), or begin (protecting archived content) after an admin-defined timeframe.

Because this module does not use the node access system, it does not hide items that are unavailable to a user and is more efficient for large sites. Premium Content can be used in conjunction with any node access module to provide advanced access control.

http://drupal.org/project/sanity

This module is used for checking some basic settings in your Drupal installation and detecting settings that might suck up excessive CPU time during a cron run.

I was inspired to write this after my web provider brought it to my attention that my Drupal installation was using a lot of CPU time.

http://drupal.org/project/affiliate

This module allows site owners to issue affiliate links to their partners. When anonymous users follow these links, the clicks are counted by affiliate, day, and optional keyword. When referred users sign up for an account, the account is associated with that affiliate.

Reporting is currently limited to showing total clicks, signups, and sales (via the E-Commerce package) to referred users, and a list of all users referred by each Affiliate. The module is designed to allow more detailed reporting to be added.

http://drupal.org/project/workspace

This is a module designed for users to have a central place to view and manage their content. It's a user-centric view of a Drupal site.

http://drupal.org/project/blogger

Blogger module used for:
1. Display list of bloggers. You can limit how many bloggers displayed.
2. Display number of written blogs or not, i.e: Samuel (5), Linda (4), etc.
3. A "read more link" to show all bloggers with pagination support and their latest blog.
4. You can choose selected case formats: Upper, Small, or Wordcase.
5. Order by: none (random), name or blogs count.
6. Support Avatar on block and page.
7. You can set avatar size: original, width x height, keep aspect ratio.

Blogger has tested on this environment:
- PHP version 4.4.4
- MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

http://drupal.org/project/node_find_replace

Allows global case sensitive find replace in node body, node title, cck nodes etc.
Running a find replace creates a snapshot so changes can be undone / redone.

The Undo / Redo functionality runs off a separate history table, only nodes that changed for a particular find/replace are effected.

http://drupal.org/project/search404

Instead of showing a standard "404 Page not found", this module performs a search on the keywords in the URL, e.g. if a user goes to http://example.com/does/not/exist, this module will do a search for "does not exist".

It includes beta stage search engine keywords detections.

http://drupal.org/project/s5

This module allows you to play book pages as S5 presentations. S5 is Eric Meyer's Simple Standards-Based Slide Show System, which is based on the Opera Show format. S5 presentations work in a multitude of browsers, and also compatible with Opera Show.

VOTING API WILL BE NEEDED SOMEWHERE:

http://drupal.org/node/36041

VotingAPI helps developers who want to use a standardized API and schema for storing, retrieving, and tabulating votes for Drupal content. Among other things, it supports:

Rating of any content (comments, nodes, users, fish, whatever)
Multi-criteria voting (rate a game based on video, audio, and replayability)
Automatic tabulation of results (with support for different voting styles, like 'percentage' and '+1/-1&#39Eye-wink
Efficient caching of results (sorting and filtering doesn't require any recalculation)
Hooks for additional vote calculations

Note that this module does NOT directly expose any voting mechanisms to end users. It's a framework designed to make life easier for other developers, and to standardize voting data for consumption by other modules (like Views).

For some examples of simple voting systems based on VotingAPI, check Voting, Fivestar, and Latest and Greatest.

For 5.0

http://drupal.org/project/planet

Planet is an aggregator that allows you to aggregate the blogs for users in a given role (e.g. staff) and associate content with the users rather than as a detached feed. This provides the benefit of showing avatars with content, providing per-user aggregation of planet content in addition to blog content, etc.

http://drupal.org/project/mysite

MySite pages let users create a personalized summary of the site. The MySite module duplicates the functionality of tools like MyYahoo! and Google's personalized homepage.

The module allows registered site users to create a MySite page that contains content from throughout the site. For sites that use the Aggregator module, users may also add feeds from external web sites to their MySite pages.

In 5.x.2 versions, users with JavaScript can drag, drop and sort content on their custom personal layout. The 5.x.2 series also supports Blocks, Views and 'Droplets' -- content widgets created by the site administrator.

http://drupal.org/project/smsgateway

This module adds SMS (Short Message Service) texting capabilities to Drupal allowing the sending of messages to and the reception of messages from mobile phones. In itself it provides no user-interface to send or receive messages, just adds functions that can be called to allow other module to send messages and a hook method that allows modules to be informed of received messages.

UNDECIDED:

http://drupal.org/project/flickr_cck

http://drupal.org/project/flickrhood

http://drupal.org/project/station

http://drupal.org/project/texy

http://drupal.org/project/themesettingsapi (for programmers)

http://drupal.org/project/uieforum  (replacement forums, also potentially php or vbulletin but both have major registration mysql downfalls)

To import the1585.com  http://drupal.org/project/import_html

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
HC Grindon wrote: It's

HC Grindon wrote:

It's also rude. At least you stuck it in trollville though.

Come on.

Fucking get over the rude factor.

I've seen people here destroying in really rude ways all theists argumentations. As if being rude here is a problem !

"Don't lick the balls of these guys over there, but let these guys over here cum on face and don't say a fucking word about it !"

Thanks but no thanks !

Be fucking consistent !

And don't forget to smile ! Laughing out loud

HC Grindon
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

HC Grindon wrote:

It's also rude. At least you stuck it in trollville though.

Come on.

Fucking get over the rude factor.

I've seen people here destroying in really rude ways all theists argumentations. As if being rude here is a problem !

"Don't lick the balls of these guys over there, but let these guys over here cum on face and don't say a fucking word about it !"

Thanks but no thanks !

Be fucking consistent !

And don't forget to smile ! Laughing out loud

Ok then: go fuck yourself Laughing

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
HC Grindon wrote: Ok then:

HC Grindon wrote:

Voilà  !  

Thanks for the suggestion ! 

I'll do just that....... 

Now

Where is that dildo ? 

Oh ! Here it is

:D   

HC Grindon
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

HC Grindon wrote:

Voilà !

Thanks for the suggestion !

I'll do just that.......

Now

Where is that dildo ?

Oh ! Here it is

Laughing out loud

Holy Shiite!  That looks brutal!  Yell

evilsatan
evilsatan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

Oh ! Here it is

:D   

Does that model have the ground glass on the tip? That's the one I'm looking for.

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not necessarily rude to

It's not necessarily rude to criticize someone's website. The line should be drawn between venting frustration and spitefulness—there's nothing wrong with venting if you're not purposely trying to hurt someone. Ideally, criticisms should be specific so the developers have an idea of what you would consider an improvement. Those criticisms help websites so they should be encouraged. In my opinion, developers who shun constructive criticism aren't worthy of the title they claim for themselves.

If there's something about the website bothering you, please post your complaint here. If your complaint is about cosmetics, you should probably hold off on that though because the site is getting a different color scheme and such. If you have suggestions on how to improve the site structure (i.e. how it's navigated), for example, fire away.

Constructively criticize the website, ye heathenous bastids.