"23 Minutes in Hell"

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
"23 Minutes in Hell"

Here's a man who wrote a book about his experience in hell. Apparently he spent 23 minutes there before God pulled him out. He believes that hell is located beneath the earth's surface because he talks about "people up on the surface of the earth." His book titled, "23 Minutes in Hell" is on the Christian book list at Beliefnet.com.

Here's some excerpts from the book by Bill Weise:

Author Bill Weise wrote:
I pleaded for mercy, but they had none—absolutely no mercy. They seemed to be incapable of it. They were pure evil. No mercy existed in that place. Mercy is from God in heaven.

The mental anguish I felt was indescribable. Asking for mercy from such evil only seemed to heighten their desire to torment me more.

I was conscious of the fact that there was no fluid coming from my wounds. No blood, no water, nothing. At this time, I did not stop to wonder why. I was extremely nauseous from the terrible, foul stench coming from these creatures. It was absolutely disgusting, foul, and rotten. It was, by far, the most putrid smells I have ever encountered. If you could take every rotten thing you can imagine, such as an open sewer, rotten meat, spoiled eggs, sour milk, dead rotting animal flesh, and sulfur, and magnify it a thousand times, you might come close. This is not an exaggeration. The odor was actually extremely toxic, and that alone should have killed me.

Instinctively, I just knew that some of the things I experienced were a thousand times worse than what would be possible on the earth's surface—things such as the odors mentioned, the strength of the demons, the loudness of the screams, the dryness, and the loneliness felt.

Somehow I managed to move a bit and dragged myself across the ground toward the barred door. I couldn't see, but I remembered the direction of the door that had been left open. I finally made it to the door and crawled out of the cell. Apparently, the creatures allowed me to crawl out without stopping me.

As soon as I exited the cell, my first instinct was to get as far away as possible. Again, I desperately wanted to run. All I could think of was to get up onto my feet. However, every move to get up took great effort. I remember wondering, Why is this so difficult? After tremendous exertion, I was finally able to stand. I was thoroughly exhausted and, at the same time, very frustrated at how hard simple movement had become. Although I was now outside the cell, I could not run, and fear continued to bind itself around me as a snake constricting its prey.

I was horrified as I heard the screams of an untold multitude of people crying out in torment. It was absolutely deafening. The terror-filled screams seemed to go right through me, penetrating my very being. I once heard about a television special where a news reporter spent the night in a prison just to experience prison life firsthand. The prisoners were crying, moaning, and yelling all night long. He stated that he couldn't sleep because of all the noise. This place where I now stood was far, far worse.

Through the panic and the deafening noise, I struggled to gather my thoughts. I'm in hell! This is a real place, and I'm actually here! I frantically tried to understand, but it was just so inconceivable. Not me, I'm a good person, I thought. The fear was so intense I couldn't bear it, but again, I couldn't die. I knew that most people up on the surface of the earth did not believe or even know that there was a whole world going on down here. They wouldn't believe it. But here it existed, and it was all too real. This place was so terrifying, so intense, and so hostile that it would be impossible for me to exaggerate the horror.

Question: If hell is below us in the earth, aren't the oil companies who drill for oil taking a chance on poking Satan in the head?

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What a load of crap, he had

What a load of crap, he had some dream in which he thinks he went to hell. He probably felt sub/unconciously that he has sinned against god and is not sure if he's saved and thus his brain developed this elaborate dream from either random fireings of the brain and/or drugs he took and/or because of lack of oxygen to the brain and/or drugs.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
[i]23 Minutes in Hell[i]?

23 Minutes in Hell? Only 23? Hmm...I thought the whole thing about hell was that it was eternal punishment.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
this guy is just cashing in

this guy is just cashing in on "90 Minutes in Heaven" - a book that has been selling like crazy in Christian circles.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

magilum
User is offlineOffline
  Fuck's sake. John Dolan

Fuck's sake. John Dolan needs to review this book. Or maybe he was close enough in his appraisal of poseur James Frey's “A Million Little Pieces.”

[edit: added link]

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm pretty sure my employees

I'm pretty sure my employees tell a similar tale after their first day on the job with me. Yup, that horrid realization sounds familiar.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The bible Explicitly states

The bible Explicitly states that man has only once to die.  Only once.

KJV Hebrews Chapter 9 Verse 27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement.

So these so-called near death experiences go against "god's word".  You cannot die, go to heaven or hell, and then come back to die a second time.

Maybe his next book will tell us about his experience in Hogwarts. 

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rook_Hawkins wrote: this

Rook_Hawkins wrote:
this guy is just cashing in on "90 Minutes in Heaven" - a book that has been selling like crazy in Christian circles.

Wasn't "90 Minutes In Heaven" a movie? Because I don't see how a novelization of one of 'those' films could possibly work, nevermind why they'd read the book instead of watching the movie.

Then again, maybe that's why it's selling so good in the first place....

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, what a

Wow, what a dreadfully-written piece of fiction.

Sounds like a high school freshman wrote it.

Chip
Chip's picture
User is offlineOffline
The only way I could believe

The only way I could believe a story like that is if it started with, "So I finally decided to try LSD and..."

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
gerirj wrote: Wow, what a

gerirj wrote:
Wow, what a dreadfully-written piece of fiction.

I agree. And this great work of bullshit is among the books on the Christian reading list on beliefnet.com along with Focus on the Family's James Dobson's book on raising Christian children.

These right-wing Christian authors push this ridiculous bullshit on their followers while warning against atheist "propaganda".

Yet, I've never seen an athesist author try to convince his readers that fantasy is true. Fellow atheists would hold him up to severe scrutiny.

Such scrutiny is rare among Christians.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
“I pleaded for mercy, but

“I pleaded for mercy, but they had none—absolutely no mercy. They seemed to be incapable of it. They were pure evil. No mercy existed in that place. Mercy is from God in heaven.

The mental anguish I felt was indescribable. Asking for mercy from such evil only seemed to heighten their desire to torment me more.”

--Bill Weise, 23 Minutes in Hell

“I start crying again.

Softly crying.

I think of Lilly and I cry.

It's all I can do.

Cry.“

-- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
    Eh, christians want

Eh, christians want to read this and live in fear, let them, in the end it makes no sense of the devil's intentions, no where in the bible does the devil cause anyone to suffer as such and no descriptions are ever given of the devil doing such things, ony god does this stuff, god throws you into the lake of fire where there is no end to your suffering (hmmm the more it sounds like god is the devil). It's amazing the human imgaination i say, dante gave a far better description of hell anyways.

Plus there are so many takes on this devil/god and why they each want your soul. 

Kingdom9
Theist
Kingdom9's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think this is very

I think this is very interesting. According to the Bible hell is a place where the sinners are punished with everlasting fire. The people who are in hell deserve to be there. According to the Bible, God doesn't want anybody to go there but people don't want to follow God's way that is to repent of sin and accept the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. According to the Bible God is perfect. Hell is where the wrath of God is being poured out upon all ungodliness and wickedness of men.

I find it interesting that many people are not concerned about going to hell because they don't believe in God or hell. We see then that what people believe detirmines how they behave and their attitude about things. Does God really exist? Does hell really exist? If I continue to say to myself, "God doesn't exist and hell is not real." I won't be open to the possibility of the other option and will believe it even in the face of a mountain of evidence. But if I detirmine to seek out the truth about things I will find it assuming that truth can be known. I have to know where to look as well.

Is hell in the center of the earth? Look at this interesting experiment... http://amightywind.com/hell/aboutsounds.htm

The article says, "A geological group who drilled a hole about 14.4 kilometers deep in the crust of the earth are saying that they heard human screams. Screams have been heard from the condemned souls from earth's deepest hole. Terrified scientists are afraid they have let loose the evil powers of hell up to the earth's surface."

Without faith it is impossible to please God for he who comes to God must believe that He exists (Hebrews 11:6).

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote:Is hell in

Kingdom9 wrote:

Is hell in the center of the earth? Look at this interesting experiment... http://amightywind.com/hell/aboutsounds.htm

The article says, "A geological group who drilled a hole about 14.4 kilometers deep in the crust of the earth are saying that they heard human screams. Screams have been heard from the condemned souls from earth's deepest hole. Terrified scientists are afraid they have let loose the evil powers of hell up to the earth's surface."

Do we have the CIA secrecy schemes all wrong?  Look at this interesting, in-debth coverage...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43014

The article says, "LANGLEY, VA—A report released Tuesday by the CIA's Office of the Inspector General revealed that the CIA has mistakenly obscured hundreds of thousands of pages of critical intelligence information with black highlighters."

Great.  Another nimcumpoop that thinks the Weekly World News was a serious tabloid that was reporting actual reality.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: I think

Kingdom9 wrote:
I think this is very interesting. According to the Bible hell is a place where the sinners are punished with everlasting fire. The people who are in hell deserve to be there. According to the Bible, God doesn't want anybody to go there but people don't want to follow God's way that is to repent of sin and accept the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. According to the Bible God is perfect. Hell is where the wrath of God is being poured out upon all ungodliness and wickedness of men.

And Spock has pointy ears.

Kingdom9 wrote:
I find it interesting that many people are not concerned about going to hell because they don't believe in God or hell.

And I find it humorous atheists are singled out in this regard, when even believers tend to reject thousands of other religious propositions in accepting their own. Somehow I doubt you worry yourself with whether your heart will fair well in comparison to the Feather of Truth, or what will happen to your stuff when Fenris devours the earth.

Kingdom9 wrote:
We see then that what people believe detirmines how they behave and their attitude about things.

Ouch, passive-aggressive little jab. Prove that atheists behave worse than Christians without resorting to a No True Scotsman fallacy. I dare ya.

Kingdom9 wrote:
Does God really exist? Does hell really exist? If I continue to say to myself, "God doesn't exist and hell is not real." I won't be open to the possibility of the other option and will believe it even in the face of a mountain of evidence.

Should any ever show up... lo these millennia. And why would you need evidence? You've already abandoned any faculties capable of evaluating it.

Kingdom9 wrote:
But if I detirmine to seek out the truth about things I will find it assuming that truth can be known.

If you skip evidentiary criteria and believe, you'll find that you believe in stuff!

Kingdom9 wrote:
I have to know where to look as well.

Yeah, that's bullshit.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: The

Kingdom9 wrote:

So that's how my mother got loose. It's all becoming so clear now. 

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seems like all these hollow

Seems like all these hollow earth theory might be right after all... hmm.

And pumping oil out of the ground probably explain why this guy felt so dry. We are stealing all the lube from the fucking place !

---

It's not even good fiction lol. 

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:Yeah,

magilum wrote:

Yeah, that's bullshit.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

"Weekly World News ran the story in 1992, this time setting it in Alaska and claiming thirteen oil rig workers were killed when the Devil came roaring up out of the ground."

YES!  I knew that's where I remembered hearing about that story from!  Thanks magilum, for the link!

LOL  I loved that tabloid back then.  Great shit.  "My toaster makes the sign of the devil on all my toast, the Batboy is on the loose, etc."  Man, that was some great fiction!

*sigh* The Weekly World News stopped publication just last year.  Sad

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  geezz Kingdom9, those

geezz Kingdom9, those drill bits were just squeaky , and hissing gases.... you are joking right ?

Cool, NERO is back , no pain no gain.       

Kingdom9
Theist
Kingdom9's picture
User is offlineOffline
To be honest, I believe

To be honest, I believe hell actually exists in the center of the earth right now. Eventually it will be cast into outer darkness. Why do I believe this? Because it is taught in the Bible as being a real place.  Justice demands that hell exist. Who could serve a god who doesn't punish evil?

Why do I believe the Bible? Because it is true and historically accurate. If the Bible can't be trusted then no historical document can be trusted. I actually did not research before I believed. I believed first and then after research I found the Bible to be worthy of my trust. This is another subject all together though.

Why is it hard for some people to believe in God? I am not persecuting athiests. Athiests are humans and are just as valuable as anybody else because we all are created in the image of God. So hopefully I don't come across as someone who thinks that Christians are better than non-Christians. Christians are simply those who humble themselves and believe in the truth of the Bible and follow the teachings of Christ. Smiling

I would like to ask a simple question. What evidence is there that God does not exist? God meaning the Creator of all things. 

Without faith it is impossible to please God for he who comes to God must believe that He exists (Hebrews 11:6).

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
It never ceases to amaze me

It never ceases to amaze me how truly ignorant some people really are.

Kingdom9, shame on you for helping that garbage stay alive.

Lenny 

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: I think

Kingdom9 wrote:

I think this is very interesting. According to the Bible hell is a place where the sinners are punished with everlasting fire.

I'm thinking the sun pretty much fits this, why the earth? 

Kingdom9 wrote:

The people who are in hell deserve to be there.

Bet there's one hell of a lot of devoted xtians there. 

Kingdom9 wrote:

According to the Bible, God doesn't want anybody to go there but people don't want to follow God's way that is to repent of sin and accept the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. According to the Bible God is perfect.

Perfect, just not all that forgiving.  Thought he was a forgiving god?

Kingdom9 wrote:

Hell is where the wrath of God is being poured out upon all ungodliness and wickedness of men.

So....god is satan?

Kingdom9 wrote:

I find it interesting that many people are not concerned about going to hell because they don't believe in God or hell. We see then that what people believe detirmines how they behave and their attitude about things.

Hey, read the latest statistics.  Your more likely to find xtians in prison than atheists.  What was that about attitude?

Kingdom9 wrote:

Does God really exist? Does hell really exist? If I continue to say to myself, "God doesn't exist and hell is not real." I won't be open to the possibility of the other option and will believe it even in the face of a mountain of evidence.

Show me your mountain of evidence, and the bible doesn't count, it's fiction.

Kingdom9 wrote:

But if I detirmine to seek out the truth about things I will find it assuming that truth can be known. I have to know where to look as well. 

That would be truth, not fantasy?

Kingdom9 wrote:

Already debunked.  I agree with Chip, Weiss was on LSD or possibly PCP, that really gets some bizarre shit going in the mind.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   I believe in god as

hey, Kingdom9,  I believe in god as this creation, without a creator, but there's is a reason or science to this, so yes I believe in god, I AM 100% GOD, me and god are one,

the details are so interesting, but that bible is old shit dude,

.... move on to better knowing god , Jesus/ Buddha would insist ....  

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: To be

Kingdom9 wrote:

To be honest, I believe hell actually exists in the center of the earth right now. Eventually it will be cast into outer darkness. Why do I believe this? Because it is taught in the Bible as being a real place.  Justice demands that hell exist. Who could serve a god who doesn't punish evil?

Why do I believe the Bible? Because it is true and historically accurate. If the Bible can't be trusted then no historical document can be trusted. I actually did not research before I believed. I believed first and then after research I found the Bible to be worthy of my trust. This is another subject all together though.

Why is it hard for some people to believe in God? I am not persecuting athiests. Athiests are humans and are just as valuable as anybody else because we all are created in the image of God. So hopefully I don't come across as someone who thinks that Christians are better than non-Christians. Christians are simply those who humble themselves and believe in the truth of the Bible and follow the teachings of Christ. Smiling

I would like to ask a simple question. What evidence is there that God does not exist? God meaning the Creator of all things. 

True and historically accurate?  Where did you do your research, at fundy school?  More than a few places in the bible never existed,  some of the people mentioned in stories did not exist at the time the bible places them, much of the stories (Noah and the flood, for instance) have not one shred of geological or written evidence to support them (again, the bible doesn't count), there are thousands of factual errors in the bible, and if the bible were true why would it have to be worthy of your trust?  A little egotistical aren't we?

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: I would

Kingdom9 wrote:

You first, please prove that your god does exist. My life depends on you.

Lenny 

Respectfully,
Lenny

Kingdom9
Theist
Kingdom9's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bulldog, Have you ever

Bulldog, Have you ever checked out the website called "Answers in Genesis"? They seek to defend the Biblical account of creation as being accurate. One thing I have learned from this website is that the facts of nature are the same for the evolutionist and the creationist. The interpretations of these facts is where the problems comes in. The flood for example as it is written in the Bible would of left a ton of evidence. For instance there would be tons of water left over  (huge oceans), and there would be massive burial of animals and humans (lots of fossils). The grand canyon is a fact of nature. How did it get there? I believe it is evidence that there was a massive flood of water.  Why are their similar flood stories that sound like the Bible's story in many cultures all over the world who have never even heard of the Bible?

I don't think it is egotistical to believe that the Bible is completely historically accurate and true. I don't think it is possible to disprove that the Bible is not telling the truth historically.

But anyway, I have a lot of fun reading these forums and laughing a lot and discussing these things and reasoning with you .

Zach. 

Kingdom9
Theist
Kingdom9's picture
User is offlineOffline
So what is your name? Did

So what is your name? Did anyone name you at birth? You did not have control over who was your parents. You are your parents offspring. According to the Bible, Humans are the "offspring" of God that is we are made by God and we all descended from 2 original humans who were called Adam and Eve. Do you believe that humans have a maker? Or the earth has a maker?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    Kingdom9 asks, "Do

Kingdom9 asks, "Do you believe that humans have a maker? Or the earth has a maker?" ------

Yes and I call it god, who has no creator, just a reason, and so we have science ,

What isn't god ? god of abe ain't god,  I AM GOD , you too .....

all is one , is it not ?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: The flood

Kingdom9 wrote:

The flood for example as it is written in the Bible would of left a ton of evidence.

Yes it indeed would have.  One piece of evidence would have been that there would be suddenly 10 times as much water on Earth than there currently is existing on our planet.  This would have caused several events.  1) an atmosphere so highly retaining heat from the sun that it would fry all higher lifeforms (like bacteria, mammals, reptiles, fish, etc.), and also 2) make the atmosphere so dense that the crushing weight would squish all of those lifeforms into a fine paste. 

Kingdom9 wrote:

For instance there would be tons of water left over  (huge oceans), and there would be massive burial of animals and humans (lots of fossils).

Yes, there would be "tons of water" left over.  Around ten times as much water as exists on Earth.

Kingdom9 wrote:

The grand canyon is a fact of nature. How did it get there?

Erosion over millions of years.  Neither of which lends itself to a theory of a global flood or a 6 thousand year old planet.

Kingdom9 wrote:
  I believe it is evidence that there was a massive flood of water. 

My 4 year old believes that Santa left her presents under the tree last month.  It's just so cute!

Kingdom9 wrote:

Why are their similar flood stories that sound like the Bible's story in many cultures all over the world who have never even heard of the Bible?

Local floods encountered by people that thought their tiny part of the planet was the entire "world".  Local flood events that were exaggerated.  Very Common.  Read the "Epic of Gilgamesh."  Predates the Noah story by centuries.  The writers of the "bible" were literary thieves.

Kingdom9 wrote:

I don't think it is egotistical to believe that the Bible is completely historically accurate and true.

I don't think so either.  I think it's extremely gullible.

Kingdom9 wrote:

I don't think it is possible to disprove that the Bible is not telling the truth historically.

It is not possible to disprove that The Wizard of Oz is not telling the truth historically.

Have a lot of fun following the yellow brick road!

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: To be

Kingdom9 wrote:

To be honest, I believe hell actually exists in the center of the earth right now.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's hilarious!!!! You are a comical genius!!

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eh.  Suicide's 23 Minutes

Eh.  Suicide's 23 Minutes Over Brussels was much better. 

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote:   From:

Kingdom9 wrote:

To: Subdi Visions
Subject: God
Date: January 17, 2008 - 11:09pm

What kinds of proof would you accept? Don't you accept the proof of nature? I mean when you look at a building how do you know it had a builder? The building exists. The building is absolute proof that there was a builder. Nature exists. You exist.

If I was to put in front of you three things: a computer, a space ship, and a worm. Now which of these three things is the most complex out of them all? The worm is. How then can a computer and a space ship have a maker and not the worm? The worm had a maker. God made the worms in the first 6 days of creation when He created the heavens and the earth.

The proof of God is found in the things that He made. You can be 100% certain that there is a Creator to this universe.

This is what happened on day 5 of the creation week according to the Bible: "And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens." So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds--livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds." And it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." (Genesis 1:20-27 English Standard Version)

Reply to this message | Delete this message | List messages

Reply to this message

Subdi Visions wrote:

To: Kingdom9
Subject: Re: God
Date: January 18, 2008 - 12:08am

Who created the creator? If something exists, according to your logic there must be a creator. What created the creator that created the creator that created the creator that created the creator that created the creator, well you can see where I'm going with this. Your bible is one very large collection of stolen myths. Wanting to believe something doesn't make it true.
It's a pity you don't expend the same energy on learning reality that you spend on learning bad myths stories.

R/
Lenny

Please do me a favor Mr. Zach, keep this conversation on the boards. I have no desire to converse with you in private.

Thanks

R/

Lenny 

Respectfully,
Lenny

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: Bulldog,

Kingdom9 wrote:
Bulldog, Have you ever checked out the website called "Answers in Genesis"?

You have got to be kidding ! 

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: Bulldog,

Kingdom9 wrote:

Bulldog, Have you ever checked out the website called "Answers in Genesis"? They seek to defend the Biblical account of creation as being accurate. One thing I have learned from this website is that the facts of nature are the same for the evolutionist and the creationist. The interpretations of these facts is where the problems comes in. The flood for example as it is written in the Bible would of left a ton of evidence. For instance there would be tons of water left over  (huge oceans), and there would be massive burial of animals and humans (lots of fossils). The grand canyon is a fact of nature. How did it get there? I believe it is evidence that there was a massive flood of water.  Why are their similar flood stories that sound like the Bible's story in many cultures all over the world who have never even heard of the Bible?

I don't think it is egotistical to believe that the Bible is completely historically accurate and true. I don't think it is possible to disprove that the Bible is not telling the truth historically.

But anyway, I have a lot of fun reading these forums and laughing a lot and discussing these things and reasoning with you .

Zach. 

Sorry, I was away for a few.  This wasn't why I was gone but I have checked out that website and I find it absolutely ludicrous, same tired out arguments that have been debunked a million times.  Try this one; www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html

As for the flood, where did the excess water go to when it created the Grand Canyon?  If it drained into the center of the earth it must have put a damper on any activities old satan was having.  Check out www.pandasthumb.org/ also for facts and not fantasy. 

There is no reasoning with a delusional person and I'm not even going to try.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Girl Dancing In Orbit

Girl Dancing In Orbit wrote:

Kingdom9 wrote:
Bulldog, Have you ever checked out the website called "Answers in Genesis"?

You have got to be kidding ! 

LOL!  I first came across answersingenesis back in 2003.  They were extremely pathetic back then.

Recently they have smartened up some.  Actually I think the management of the site has completely changed over to another person who is much more sophisticated in his arguments.

They all still fail, mind you.  However it takes someone that has read more than three books to understand how the arguments fail.

One intelligent thing that answersingenesis no longer argues is that evolution is not true.  The website now tells people that evolution is a proven fact.  So the website is getting smarter. 

They are now backpedaling and putting themselves farther and farther out on the edge of the cliff.

Kingdom9, a little piece of advice.  You are not ready yet to come to this website.  Stick with answersingenesis forum if they have one.  The people here will shred you alive.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
kingdom9 wrote:Quote: To

kingdom9 wrote:

Quote:
To be honest, I believe hell actually exists in the center of the earth right now. Eventually it will be cast into outer darkness

Ignore the educated and the intellectuals on this site who are going to argue that the center of the earth is actually several layers of rock , sulfur and an iron/nickel alloy....why, just last week they dogmatically refused to accept my moon is made of cheese theory..

Quote:
Justice demands that hell exist. Who could serve a god who doesn't punish evil?

Now if just everyone believed this way we could spend huge portions of our lives identifying which persons embody "evil" and rid the world of them for the glory of god..  "rid" sounds so much better than kill or torture... What we need are phrases like "evildoers" and "axis of evil" to point the simple minded toward their intended prey.  Sometimes you have to repeat stuff like this over and over to sort of "catapult the propaganda"... (It helps to use a bronze age image to indoctrinate bronze age minds).  I'm still with you.

Quote:
Why do I believe the Bible? Because it is true and historically accurate.

There'll be people here that tell you that it's neither and they'll show you facts, evidence, etc... We won't listen to them.  If they could for just one minute listen to my talking snake scold my pet unicorn, they might think differently.

Quote:
I believed first and then after research I found the Bible to be worthy of my trust. This is another subject all together though.

There's this Harvard PhD intellectual guy (Steven Pinker or something) who has written reams of stuff on the problems w/ human thinking.  He says humans do not educate themselves much because they first tend to believe stuff and then build their facts around it instead of the other way around.. keeps them from growing intellectually.. bah ! what does he know ?

Quote:
What evidence is there that God does not exist?

A faulty question they'll say..  but it's not.. why just look at these

"What evidence is there that Zeus does not exist?"

Can't prove he doesn't right.. so Zeus created the earth and all the humans on it..

Oh, they're going to say that if you believe in Zeus it's your responsibility to show evidence for him and not the other way around.

but if you just let yourself give in to this "prove it doesn't exist", argument everything becomes true because it cannot be definitively proven false and I get this happy little feeling in the pit of my stomach... How can delusions be so bad when they feel so good ?  

and perhaps Tom Cruise is right after all.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Cool, NERO is back , no pain no gain.

I wish... check the date (11/28). Sad 

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kingdom9 wrote: Justice

Kingdom9 wrote:

Justice demands that hell exist. Who could serve a god who doesn't punish evil?

Why then do people suffer when they have done nothing to deserve punishment?  Where is the justice for people that were born into lives of suffering and die painfully?  How is God punishing evil when a man can rape and murder millions of innocent little girls yet be let into heaven due to a conversion 30 seconds before his lethal injection? 

Kingdom9 wrote:
If the Bible can't be trusted then no historical document can be trusted.

Can you expand on this? 

Kingdom9 wrote:

I actually did not research before I believed. I believed first and then after research I found the Bible to be worthy of my trust.

Anyone can draw any conclusion and then find  something to support that conclusion.  This bias is difficult for everyone to overcome.  I hope you will spend as much time looking at evidence that doesn't support your conclusions as well though.   

Kingdom9 wrote:

Christians are simply those who humble themselves and believe in the truth of the Bible and follow the teachings of Christ. Smiling

Do you really think it's humble to believe that a God exists personally listens and responds to your needs while others are starving and in agony? 

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's no way this

There's no way this Kingdom9 guy is for real.  It's clearly a joke character to get us excited.  No one's THIS by-the-book stupid are they?  (or at least outside of jail... *cough* kent hovind)

This is good series on the topic:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY   

beliversrule
Theist
beliversrule's picture
User is offlineOffline
This book was written by

This book was written by someone who was given a warning from God that Hell is real.   

The spirit world (Hell included) is a place we (the living) can not see because it is on a different vibrational level.  No this is not a "crazy" thought.  It works kind of like the fact that there are sounds human ears can not hear (but dogs can) and colors that exist that a human eye can not see.  I personally think just living on the planet earth is Hell because with our spirits trapped in human bodies we are separated from God and that is what Hell is about (a separation from God).  Upon death the spirit is released to go back into the spiritual world.

Near Death Experiences are real and happen more frequently now because of the advanced medical techniques that can bring people back into the world of the living.  I have read about people who were non-believers and had a NDE and came back firm believers in the existance of God and the afterlife.

And we have no evidence whatsoever that the soul perishes with the body---------Mahatma Gandhi

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
beliversrule wrote: This

beliversrule wrote:

This book was written by someone who was given a warning from God that Hell is real.   

The spirit world (Hell included) is a place we (the living) can not see because it is on a different vibrational level.  No this is not a "crazy" thought.  It works kind of like the fact that there are sounds human ears can not hear (but dogs can) and colors that exist that a human eye can not see.  I personally think just living on the planet earth is Hell because with our spirits trapped in human bodies we are separated from God and that is what Hell is about (a separation from God).  Upon death the spirit is released to go back into the spiritual world.

Near Death Experiences are real and happen more frequently now because of the advanced medical techniques that can bring people back into the world of the living.  I have read about people who were non-believers and had a NDE and came back firm believers in the existance of God and the afterlife.

This post is such a complete abandonment of critical/ rational and "independent" thinking that it could almost make me overlook the fact that you even misspelled your own screen name !

Almost.

Oh, unless you are a really big fan of "liver"..in which case I apologize and bon appetit !

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

magilum
User is offlineOffline
beliversrule wrote: This

beliversrule wrote:

There really is no difference between evidence and naked assertion with regard to believers and their wishful thinking, is there?

beliversrule wrote:
The spirit world (Hell included) is a place we (the living) can not see because it is on a different vibrational level.  No this is not a "crazy" thought.  It works kind of like the fact that there are sounds human ears can not hear (but dogs can) and colors that exist that a human eye can not see.

Sigh. That's an ad hoc.

beliversrule wrote:
I personally think just living on the planet earth is Hell because with our spirits trapped in human bodies we are separated from God and that is what Hell is about (a separation from God).

That uplifting Christian "meaning" at work, devaluing the only existence humanity knows.

beliversrule wrote:
Upon death the spirit is released to go back into the spiritual world.

I'm bored with you.

DanielC
User is offlineOffline
Making money off of the

Making money off of the christian faith.  I would do it too, if I didn't have MORALS.  Except I would write a song, you know, Cartman style... not waste the time writing a silly, silly book.

Atheists agree: Adults should not have imaginary friends.

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
kingdom9 wrote: To be

kingdom9 wrote:
To be honest, I believe hell actually exists in the center of the earth right now.

Man. You can't be serious. You really don't actually believe that there's a fiery torture chamber in the center of Earth do you?

That goes against all logic and science. And to be honest, it's sounds real wacko. A fiery torture called hell chamber cannot exist in the center of a planet. It's a child-like belief. It's no different than believing that the moon is made of green cheese or that there's a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. It's childish absurd nonsense.

If you sincerely believe that hell is in the center of this planet then you're way out of touch with reality. There is absolutely no evidence that what you believe is real. None.

Religion has screwed with your logical thinking. It has messed up you ability to see reality and to think rationally. You're a young man with a lot of life ahead of you. There's absolutely no evidence that you get another one. Don't fuck this one up with superstitious nonsense.

For help, check out godisimaginary.com

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
No scholar of the Old

No scholar of the Old Testament has accepted the Genesis account of accurate history for over 80 years.  There was a brief period where Eissfeldt defeated Gunkel in a debate, in which he assumed some fictionalized history of the conquest and some of the patriarchs, but that was during the early nineteen hundreds.  That scholarship has been dead since the 70's, upon the arrival of the Copenhagen school.  There is no modern scholar of the Old Testament, who would dare write anything attempting to claim historicity of the patriarchal narratives and the genesis account.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hahhahah.  Can anybody

Hahhahah. 

Can anybody tell me how I am supposed to suffer PAIN from even eternal fire if I am dead and have no body and NO nervous system ?

Is my soul made from flesh then ?

Ooh so many questions based on your superstition !

Are you retarded Kingdom9 ?

Get HELL out of here! I want it on Mars !

Ecrasez l'infame!

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blind_Chance

Blind_Chance wrote:

Hahhahah.

Can anybody tell me how I am supposed to suffer PAIN from even eternal fire if I am dead and have no body and NO nervous system ?

Is my soul made from flesh then ?

Ooh so many questions based on your superstition !

Are you retarded Kingdom9 ?

Get HELL out of here! I want it on Mars !

Clearly it is your spirit that suffers. And in the same way that an amputee has phantom pain from a missing limb, you have "memories" of your body engulfed in pain.

Duh! 

lpetrich
lpetrich's picture
User is offlineOffline
And what's more, not only

And what's more, not only Genesis is now considered unhistorical, the succeeding books up to the Books of Samuel are now considered unhistorical.

The Exodus may have been a very mangled memory of the expulsion of the Hyksos from Egypt, as told by the Hyksos, but it certainly did not happen the way it was described in the Bible

The wanderings in the desert did not happen, and the Conquest did not happen, though I doubt that a made-up history of triumphant genocide is much morally better than a real history of triumphant genocide.

Kings David and Solomon were likely historical, though it is doubtful that they ruled much beyond a little area around Jerusalem; they did not rule the big empire that the Bible describes for them.

But the later historical accounts agree fairly well with outside accounts, at least to within their editorial slants. 

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
lpetrich wrote: but it

lpetrich wrote:

but it certainly did not happen the way it was described in the Bible

I hate the word "certainly" when applied to such ancient archeology. It doesn't take too long to find references that contradict your assertion. 

beliversrule
Theist
beliversrule's picture
User is offlineOffline
I will spell my name however

I will spell my name however the HELL I like.  IDLE.  Really smart for someone who can't spell IDOL to screw with someone else and their spelling.  Jerk.

And we have no evidence whatsoever that the soul perishes with the body---------Mahatma Gandhi