I no longer disbelieve in God (see I even used an upper case G) [Trollville]

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
I no longer disbelieve in God (see I even used an upper case G) [Trollville]

I've been a smart guy my whole life, and very rational. I've always been one to support my arguments rationally in the face of debate. I've always done everything with furthering rationality in mind. I don't want to be Mr/rational guy any longer. I want to be an idotic asshole like many of you theists. I figure if I accept God, That automatically subtracts 20 points to not only my iq, but gives me the careless f-u attitude theists have towards most people of reason. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to "logic and reason and intelligence". I just want to preach, harangue, blather, and make fun of atheists. Christianity is the answer to my prayers (litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hell, "God did it" as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

Venkatrajan
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Quote - I've been a smart

Quote - I've been a smart guy my whole life, 

Chuckle. First sign of irrational behaviour and statement.

Quote - I've always been one to support my arguments rationally in the face of debate. I've always done everything with furthering rationality in mind.

There is no distinction between a rational and irrational. Atheists have sort of taken over the tag that they are rational which borders on insanity. Further when we say this , the type of reactions which come out  only strengthens the assertion that they are insane.

There is nothing concretely called rationality, so you have been furthering nothing.

Quote - I want to be an idotic asshole like many of you theists. I figure if I accept God, That automatically subtracts 20 points to not only my iq, but gives me the careless f-u attitude theists have towards most people of reason. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to "logic and reason and intelligence". I just want to preach, harangue, blather, and make fun of atheists. Christianity is the answer to my prayers (litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hell, "God did it" as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun. 

I think you may need visit a shrink.

Suggest visit a Church and sit in solemn contemplation. The peace of mind will sort out the confusion in the mind. After few sittings, you may analyse your thoughts. If you find yourself lapsing again into delusions , you can repeat this.

I am looking for Atheists to increase my belief in God

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
Venkatrajan wrote: I think

Venkatrajan wrote:
I think you may need visit a shrink.

Suggest visit a Church and sit in solemn contemplation. The peace of mind will sort out the confusion in the mind. After few sittings, you may analyse your thoughts. If you find yourself lapsing again into delusions , you can repeat this.

Whats more fun is letting the Christians think they are superior, and wathing try to have thier way with me. This is more fun than any other comedy based web-site on the net.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.

Venkatrajan
Theist
User is offlineOffline
1. Atleast kindly try a

1. Atleast kindly try a spell check before posting

2. Your statement is assumption , my dear ass.

3. But again atheists assume they are rational and there is a self assumed superiority there onwards

4. Infact we have a lot more fun thrashing you guys. Dinesh D'Souza did the other guy in other day.

5. Harris is trying to save face by proposing a new identity for atheists.  Your abilities and services may be suitable for that effort perhaps

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
fair enough. I'm obviuosly

fair enough. I'm obviuosly out of my element. Now what argument would you like to discuss?

Venkatrajan
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Forget arguments. Lets

Forget arguments.

Lets discuss this out 

You are either completely tickled or frustrated trying to deal with theists or both.

This arises because you assume or wish that all theists should think like you think ie 'rationally'. 

I think we should let people be as they are. Dont try to force 'rationality' on people. If you force the same, it comes back in some manner unpalatable back to you or general society.

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
thank you for the laughs and

thank you for the laughs and entertainment. I'm harmless, at least you guys can have a good laugh and not take me seriously Smiling

Teknison
Teknison's picture
User is offlineOffline
You both made huge

You both made huge generalizations about theist/athiest. In my eyes your both incorrect as you imply that being athiest or theist must hold similar characteristics amongst themselves wich is, to put it painly, retarded.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Folks, Mr.Smith is poking

Folks,

Mr.Smith is poking fun at a theist named "Lux."  This theist uses the same argument style that Mr. Smith is employing.  If you want to see examples, just look for the threads started by Lux.

By the bye, Mr. Smith, bravo! 

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
i'm glad someone noticed

i'm glad someone noticed because i was running out of lux posts from this thread to use

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Venkatrajan wrote: Quote -

Venkatrajan wrote:
Quote - I've been a smart guy my whole life, 

Chuckle. First sign of irrational behaviour and statement.

Was that a crude provincial attempt at humor?

Venkatrajan wrote:
Quote - I've always been one to support my arguments rationally in the face of debate. I've always done everything with furthering rationality in mind.

There is no distinction between a rational and irrational.

Huh... oh, I was waiting for an end to that sentence. It doesn't have a subject, it just ends abruptly.

Venkatrajan wrote:
Atheists have sort of taken over the tag that they are rational which borders on insanity. Further when we say this , the type of reactions which come out  only strengthens the assertion that they are insane.

Yeah, rational should mean something else, like "Has a broken concept of causality," then you could use it, too.

Venkatrajan wrote:
There is nothing concretely called rationality, so you have been furthering nothing.

Absolute? No, artificial concepts aren't absolute. It doesn't have to be absolute to distinguish it from irrationality.

Venkatrajan wrote:
Quote - I want to be an idotic asshole like many of you theists. I figure if I accept God, That automatically subtracts 20 points to not only my iq, but gives me the careless f-u attitude theists have towards most people of reason. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to "logic and reason and intelligence". I just want to preach, harangue, blather, and make fun of atheists. Christianity is the answer to my prayers (litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hell, "God did it" as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun.

I think you may need visit a shrink.

The irony... is too... much...

Venkatrajan wrote:
Suggest visit a Church and sit in solemn contemplation. The peace of mind will sort out the confusion in the mind. After few sittings, you may analyse your thoughts. If you find yourself lapsing again into delusions , you can repeat this.

That argument would be a lot more convincing if you wore a plaid suit and spinning bow tie.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Venkatrajan wrote: Forget

Venkatrajan wrote:

Forget arguments.

Lets discuss this out 

You are either completely tickled or frustrated trying to deal with theists or both.

This arises because you assume or wish that all theists should think like you think ie 'rationally'. 

I think we should let people be as they are. Dont try to force 'rationality' on people. If you force the same, it comes back in some manner unpalatable back to you or general society.

Your hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness know no bounds. 

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Venkatrajan wrote: 1.

Venkatrajan wrote:
1. Atleast kindly try a spell check before posting

My, my, kettle, aren't we black today?

Venkatrajan wrote:
2. Your statement is assumption , my dear ass.

Was that supposed to be a joke? You might consider spending less time sniffing incense and more at an ESL class.

Venkatrajan wrote:
3. But again atheists assume they are rational and there is a self assumed superiority there onwards

Not assuming against evidence

Venkatrajan wrote:
4. Infact we have a lot more fun thrashing you guys. Dinesh D'Souza did the other guy in other day.

At the end of the day, your beliefs remain indefensible.

Venkatrajan wrote:
5. Harris is trying to save face by proposing a new identity for atheists.  Your abilities and services may be suitable for that effort perhaps

He's actually trying to dissuade the cartoonish misconceptions your kind are prone to.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah, I have not

Jeremiah, I have not laughed so hard at a post... ever... I think...

Ow... my side hurts.

Oh, my fucking god, that is exactly what I needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I literally had to hold on

I literally had to hold on to the table to keep from falling out of my chair.

Venkatrajan
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Magilum There is a saying.

Magilum

There is a saying.

"If you hate someone so openly, you actually really like him more than  anyone else"

Come on dear - Why are you so uptight , now arent you clicking at my heels now ? Cool down.

If an apology will help you , let me know

I think you and me are going to get along just fine.

Also other day I could see your restraint in "Kill em with kindness", a facet of your persona I had not seen before.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Venkatrajan

Venkatrajan wrote:

Magilum

There is a saying.

"If you hate someone so openly, you actually really like him more than  anyone else"

Come on dear - Why are you so uptight , now arent you clicking at my heels now ? Cool down.

If an apology will help you , let me know

I think you and me are going to get along just fine.

Also other day I could see your restraint in "Kill em with kindness", a facet of your persona I had not seen before.

If I need tech support, I'll let you know. 

JeremiahSmith
User is offlineOffline
Venkatrajan wrote: "If you

Venkatrajan wrote:
"If you hate someone so openly, you actually really like him more than anyone else"

Yes. I'm sure that Hitler was secretly a big fan of the Jews.

Man, it's a good thing I spent this whole thread fakeposting, because it would have been a shame to waste the effort of making real arguments with someone who thinks that hating someone means you really like them. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I admit it.  I really get

I admit it.  I really get a kick out of watching somebody get worked up when they think I'm arguing with them, but really, I'm just mirroring their argument, and they're the only one in the whole group who can't see it.

It's mean.  It's arrogant.  It's pompous.  It's a damn fine way to be entertained. Good work, Jeremiah.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism