TROLLVILLE I no longer believe in god (see I even used a lower case g) [Trollville]

Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
TROLLVILLE I no longer believe in god (see I even used a lower case g) [Trollville]

I've been a nice guy my whole life, and very giving. I've always been one to turn the other cheek in the face of confrontation. I've always done everything with God's will in mind. I don't want to be Mr/nice guy any longer. I want to be a pompus asshole like many of you guys. I figure if I reject God, That automatically adds 20 points to not only my iq, but gives me the careless f-u attitude atheists have towards most people of faith. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to an "invisible sky daddy". I just want to screw, eat, shit, and make fun of christians. Atheism is the answer to my prayers (not litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hell, evolution as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
Oh, snap, you've sure got

Oh, snap, you've sure got our number.


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
JeremiahSmith wrote: Oh,

JeremiahSmith wrote:
Oh, snap, you've sure got our number.

 

yeah, i'll call you later. And who is snap? My name is Lux

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:

I've always done everything with God's will in mind.

Not to be pedantic, but strictly speaking an entity without material composition cannot be in possession of the function we call the mind, as this would be a contradiction.

Quote:

I don't want to be Mr/nice guy any longer

You do not sound as though you ever were.

Quote:

I want to be a pompus asshole like many of you guys

Having read all 176 posts, I can say you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You already are a pompous asshole, the only difference is that you seem to be proud of your Huxleyian Epsilon status, either that or you just had one of your frontal lobes cut out. You frequently, if not always, open up an OP by demonstrating idiotic, vilitrolic ignorance, getting blasted apart, attacking your opponents for burning down your argument, make some ridiculous strawman, and virtually always end up committing the act described in the insults you hurl at everyone else. Simply put, the pot calls the kettle very, very black.

Quote:

I figure if I reject God, That automatically adds 20 points to not only my iq

Whilst this is complete nonsense, I would suppose you be getting quite desperate for points considering the quality of your posts…

Quote:

but gives me the careless f-u attitude atheists have towards most people of faith.

The Fuck-You Attitude is an accurate description of me towards you, but not because of your faith, but rather because, as I said before, you are commiting precisely that which you complain about everyone else, you are stereotyping, willfully ignorant, moronic, and seem to have a knack for describing your own tactics and accusing everyone else of doing just that.

Quote:

I just want to screw, eat, shit, and make fun of christians.

Again with the conceptualizations that you simply made up. Or to put it another way: Do you know that is all atheists do, or are you guessing? I would strongly suspect you are simply projecting your own emotions onto the Other. After debating for a while, one picks up a habit of noticing it unconsciously. Projectionalism is a common tactic, especially among those whose IQ is around your scattershot area, but you’ll have to do better than that. I had this one guy who took me 15 posts to detect it.

Quote:

How did we get here, what is conscience?

Again, not to be pedantic, but strictly speaking the God entity is not the solution to either of those. The first is ad ignorantium, the second is simply a non sequitur. Since every inductive proof of God takes the form of: If ~X then ~Y, Y therefore X, proofs which normally take this form need to tread lightly because they often end up being ad ignorantium or, more usually, invalid inference. Actually, I think it might be both in this case. Abductive reasoning, it helps…before choosing the best hypothesis from a set of propositions, one must cull their set of hypotheses to ensure that none of them contain an invalid inference, or an ad hoc inference. No Christian has ever gotten past that first step in this endeavour.

Quote:

Hell, evolution as a stock answer, its SO easy

I would strongly suspect that you haven’t learned anything from that previous thread at all, and that you still could not tell me the three principles of evolution, which makes it impossible that you could tell me about evolutionary psychology and the evolutionary origin of the functions which make up what people call the “conscience” and the associated processes, empathy, reciprocal altruism, and the underlying mechanisms, the VMPC, Game theory…

It is so odd to see a Christian ranting about the false generalizations which you just conjured up, and then ask them precisely where they managed to fallaciously equivocate atheism, with…well, what they are describing best fits the theoretical model we call Homo economicus? How came you by this link? You made a correlation where none exists. Actually, as a matter of technicality, everything you said is strictly incoherent. You might as well have replaced “atheist” with “back people” or “Jews” or “people who wear bright green shoes with cute little ribbons and purple laces”.

Seriously, I would stop projecting the attributes of violent stupidity, considering that from you this would be the apex of hypocrisy.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
Posts: 1142
Joined: 2007-05-22
User is offlineOffline
Deluded, I actually

Deluded,

I actually laughed aloud at this one.  You know it isn't right for Alpha pluses to poke fun at the Epsilons.  It is bad enough that they have to wear that terrible black.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote:I've been a nice

Lux wrote:
I've been a nice guy my whole life, and very giving. I've always been one to turn the other cheek in the face of confrontation. I've always done everything with God's will in mind. I don't want to be Mr/nice guy any longer. I want to be a pompus asshole like many of you guys. I figure if I reject God, That automatically adds 20 points to not only my iq, but gives me the careless f-u attitude atheists have towards most people of faith. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to an "invisible sky daddy". I just want to screw, eat, shit, and make fun of christians. Atheism is the answer to my prayers (not litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hell, evolution as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun.   
Awww How nice. How sweet. You're just awash in Jesus' teachings aren't you. So full of botherly love and caring and promoting peace and good will and of the holy wisdom of christ. I see now why you are so faithful

Clearly you've been blessed by the almighty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

fucking asshole

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


Milkshake89
Milkshake89's picture
Posts: 52
Joined: 2007-08-18
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: Damn this is

Lux wrote:
Damn this is going to be fun.   

Having fun, so far?? 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Hey Lux, You just plain

Hey Lux,

You just plain whooped that strawman's ass!

Now, care to take on anyone's arguments? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Milkshake89 wrote: Lux

Milkshake89 wrote:

Lux wrote:
Damn this is going to be fun.   

Having fun, so far?? 

 

yes I am, thanks. Whats more fun is letting the Atheists think they are superior, and wathing try to have thier way with me. This is more fun than any other comedy based web-site on the net.

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
I've seen many Christians

I've seen many Christians come and go from here, and you are singular. I can't remember anyone who has been so intensely ignorant and uniquely arrogant. To be honest, even though you've done nothing but troll, I haven't banned you. You are an asset to the atheist community since you routinely demonstrate exactly the kind of attitudes and beliefs that we are fighting against.

Thank you for your continued posts.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: Whats more fun

Lux wrote:
Whats more fun is letting the Atheists think they are superior

When it comes to reason and critical thinking, this is like letting polar bears think that they have white fur. 

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: Milkshake89

Lux wrote:
Milkshake89 wrote:

Lux wrote:
Damn this is going to be fun.

Having fun, so far??

 

yes I am, thanks. Whats more fun is letting the Atheists think they are superior, and wathing try to have thier way with me. This is more fun than any other comedy based web-site on the net.

Letting them have their way with you? Son, you've been used and abused more often than a whore at a Hell's Angels convention.

Glad you're getting a laugh out of it, though. Shame you don't bring anything like an argument or a discussion to the party. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I've

Hambydammit wrote:

I've seen many Christians come and go from here, and you are singular. I can't remember anyone who has been so intensely ignorant and uniquely arrogant. To be honest, even though you've done nothing but troll, I haven't banned you. You are an asset to the atheist community since you routinely demonstrate exactly the kind of attitudes and beliefs that we are fighting against.

Thank you for your continued posts.

 

 

amd thank you for the laughs and entertainment. I'm harmless, at least you guys can have a good laugh and not take me seriously Smiling

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


Lux
Theist
Posts: 204
Joined: 2007-05-14
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Lux

jcgadfly wrote:
Lux wrote:
Milkshake89 wrote:

Lux wrote:
Damn this is going to be fun.

Having fun, so far??

 

yes I am, thanks. Whats more fun is letting the Atheists think they are superior, and wathing try to have thier way with me. This is more fun than any other comedy based web-site on the net.

Letting them have their way with you? Son, you've been used and abused more often than a whore at a Hell's Angels convention.

Glad you're getting a laugh out of it, though. Shame you don't bring anything like an argument or a discussion to the party. 

 

fair enough. I'm obviuosly out of my element. Now what argument would you like to discuss?

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -CS Lewis


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote:

Lux wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:
Lux wrote:
Milkshake89 wrote:

Lux wrote:
Damn this is going to be fun.

Having fun, so far??

 

yes I am, thanks. Whats more fun is letting the Atheists think they are superior, and wathing try to have thier way with me. This is more fun than any other comedy based web-site on the net.

Letting them have their way with you? Son, you've been used and abused more often than a whore at a Hell's Angels convention.

Glad you're getting a laugh out of it, though. Shame you don't bring anything like an argument or a discussion to the party.

 

fair enough. I'm obviuosly out of my element. Now what argument would you like to discuss?

Nah - you haven't done anything in all the other threads you've started/entered. Why add to the server load? Watching your arguments get shredded while you ignore them gets old.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4286
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Lux wrote: I've been a nice

Lux wrote:
I've been a nice guy my whole life, and very giving. I've always been one to turn the other cheek in the face of confrontation. I've always done everything with God's will in mind. I don't want to be Mr/nice guy any longer. I want to be a pompus asshole like many of you guys. I figure if I reject God, That automatically adds 20 points to not only my iq, but gives me the careless f-u attitude atheists have towards most people of faith. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to an "invisible sky daddy". I just want to screw, eat, shit, and make fun of christians. Atheism is the answer to my prayers (not litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hell, evolution as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun.

More fun than god would allow you to have, but don't get too hopeful about the 20 IQ points you have to be born with those.

By the way the "f-u" attitude isn't careless, rather it comes with a lot of care and feeling behind it. If it was careless we wouldn't bother with the effort of talking to you.

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.-H.L. Mencken


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
I've been a nice guy my

I've been a nice guy my whole life, and very giving. I've always been one to fight to the death in the face of confrontation. I've always done everything with Odin's will in mind. I don't want to be a righteous warrior any longer. I want to be a pompus asshole like many of you christians. I figure if I reject Odin, That automatically adds 20 points to not only my victim count, but gives me the careless f-u attitude christians have towards most people of norse faith. I really don't want the burden of having to answer to an "supernatural entity based on war and confrontation". I just want to screw, eat, shit, and make fun of norse pagans. Christianity is the answer to my prayers (not litterally of course).How did we get here, what is conscience? Hades, accepting Jesus' sacrifice as a stock answer, its SO easy. Damn this is going to be fun.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


DrTerwilliker
DrTerwilliker's picture
Posts: 151
Joined: 2007-08-06
User is offlineOffline
Luxfair enough. I'm

Lux wrote:

fair enough. I'm obviuosly out of my element. Now what argument would you like to discuss?

 

Um, yeah, you don't get to do that.  If you had any interest in actually debating here, you wouldn't constantly follow this pattern of throwing out bullshit claims, then ignoring all the valid arguments against them, only replying, very smugly, to the most innocuous comments.  Don't pretend to have any interest in the issues here.  You've proven to be a total troll, and you deserve all the derision that's been thrown at you.


LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
Posts: 768
Joined: 2007-05-22
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Deluded, I

Nero wrote:

Deluded,

I actually laughed aloud at this one. You know it isn't right for Alpha pluses to poke fun at the Epsilons. It is bad enough that they have to wear that terrible black.

That's gotta be at least the fourth Brave New World reference I've seen in the past two days.

It's becoming a bit unnerving.