Atheist - Christian Coalition for Charity [Trollville]

butch
Theist
Posts: 14
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
Atheist - Christian Coalition for Charity [Trollville]

Hey Guys! SuteUp Here....

Recently a few Christians (along with myself) and Atheist have decided  to put our money where our mouths are. We have come together in a unique way to Donate to a charity in our local areas for the advancement  to treat a debilitating disease and find cures for terminal  ailments. We also would hope in whatever we donate would go directly to what its need for and not to line an organization's pocket or to an individual or group who is not affected by some kind of disease. Terminal or otherwise, as the case may be. We understand that our donations  are to help those in need as well as those who do the actual helping behind the scenes and so forth. In closing with ask that the members of Rational Response would meet us on this and also agree to buddy up, find a christian and chat with him or her and both agree to match the  same amount of 20.00  . Now we know that times are hard, so what ever below 20.00 you can give we ask that it is matched by one in the opposite faith or unfaith, as it were. And in the same token we as Christians and Atheist unite together and defend eachother against any other atheist or christian who choose not to participate. We therby agree to put up with one another you might say and, try, and I say try to build up a coalition based on friendship and tolerance of others regardless or their belief system or unbelief in general. So ask yourself...can we do more than bicker  about if God is real or not? Why sure we can! If God is real to Chrstians then he wants us to work together for a common goal, If He  doesnt exsist for atheist, then surely they want to help their fellow man...

So thank you for your time and  For Christians, may God Bless you in your giving, and for Aethist, Thank you for your fellowship .....

God Bless and we will be thinking about all of you....

PEACE.... SuteUp/Butch

Watch my test video here:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4fmNhlLiM


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13674
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
butch wrote: Hey Guys!

butch wrote:

Hey Guys! SuteUp Here....

Recently a few Christians (along with myself) and Atheist have decided to put our money where our mouths are. We have come together in a unique way to Donate to a charity in our local areas for the advancement to treat a debilitating disease and find cures for terminal ailments. We also would hope in whatever we donate would go directly to what its need for and not to line an organization's pocket or to an individual or group who is not affected by some kind of disease. Terminal or otherwise, as the case may be. We understand that our donations are to help those in need as well as those who do the actual helping behind the scenes and so forth. In closing with ask that the members of Rational Response would meet us on this and also agree to buddy up, find a christian and chat with him or her and both agree to match the same amount of 20.00 . Now we know that times are hard, so what ever below 20.00 you can give we ask that it is matched by one in the opposite faith or unfaith, as it were. And in the same token we as Christians and Atheist unite together and defend eachother against any other atheist or christian who choose not to participate. We therby agree to put up with one another you might say and, try, and I say try to build up a coalition based on friendship and tolerance of others regardless or their belief system or unbelief in general. So ask yourself...can we do more than bicker about if God is real or not? Why sure we can! If God is real to Chrstians then he wants us to work together for a common goal, If He doesnt exsist for atheist, then surely they want to help their fellow man...

 

So thank you for your time and For Christians, may God Bless you in your giving, and for Aethist, Thank you for your fellowship .....

 

God Bless and we will be thinking about all of you....

PEACE.... SuteUp/Butch

 

Watch my test video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4fmNhlLiM

 

TO ALL THE PARANOID CHRISTIANS READING THIS WHO THINK WE SACRFICE GOATS AND BARBAQUE KITTENS, READ, REREAD AND READ AGAIN UNTILL IT SOAKS IN!

It is ok to see us as moral. This Christian is capable of that even though we vehametly dissagree on the existance of a deity.

If this Christian can see us as moral dispite the fundemental dissagreement, YOU CAN TOO!

So, I'd suggest you get off your moral high horses and do some of what this Christian is doing by getting over your fears. The debate of the existance of god is not always pretty, but it is nessary and important. But that does not mean that outside that issue that humanity, dispite differances, can do good things together.

I especially apreaciate the courtacy of the following.

Quote:
So thank you for your time and  For Christians, may God Bless you in your giving, and for Aethist, Thank you for your fellowship

Thank you for recognizing that atheists can be and are just as charitable as any theist of any label. And thank you as well for recognizing our non-belief in your thanks itself.

 You are a Christian that I can get along with. Now the subject of a deity, for me at least and I dont speek for all atheists, is where I am blunt to the point of blasphemy. But at the same time I know that dispite that, humans really do, if they chose, have the capastity to see the common good dispite the differances.

"I may vehemetly dispise what you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltair.

THIS is one thing that I agree with and deeply apreciate speaking for myself. Charity is done all the time by just about any given label and is a human trait independant of label.

Once again, thank you. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


butch
Theist
Posts: 14
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
Cats, Jake and intimatcy with God.

first of all , thank you Brian 37 for your kind words and I appreciate that the fact you see this as a way to reach out to others regardless of beliefs and unbeliefs. Im am thrilled to see a positive resose in whatever form in rrs. Gives me a brighter hope,lol.

 

So Brian (the other Brian?) you have a cat? cool!!! Rook has a cat too? lol wow, anyway that was really interesting. Maybe should put it on Animal Planet,lol.

 

Please give Jake my thanks in his comments as well as rooks, that basically says the same thing as I wrote above. Sometime we judge to harshly and think its ok, because that person is an atheist, but that could be farther from the fact. Even Atheist are human and deserved to be treated with kindness and respect. Ibe actually enjoyed seeing your response to my post as well as Brian 37's.I look forward in asking you certain question's regarding atheism and some other things regarding your activism. That is if Belger doesnt boot me out of course if so then Ill have to keep doing this. So lastly I have question's that need answers, and I dont intend to argue or debate, just ask and you answer, but get Belger straight so we can proceed. Thanks and think real hard for me,lol

 

Peace!!! 


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4568
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: TO ALL THE

Brian37 wrote:

TO ALL THE PARANOID CHRISTIANS READING THIS WHO THINK WE SACRFICE GOATS AND BARBAQUE KITTENS, READ, REREAD AND READ AGAIN UNTILL IT SOAKS IN!

Hmmm... I like BBQ kitten, tastes like chicken.

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4568
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
butch wrote: Hey Guys!

butch wrote:

Hey Guys! SuteUp Here....

Recently a few Christians (along with myself) and Atheist have decided  to put our money where our mouths are. We have come together in a unique way to Donate to a charity in our local areas for the advancement  to treat a debilitating disease and find cures for terminal  ailments. We also would hope in whatever we donate would go directly to what its need for and not to line an organization's pocket or to an individual or group who is not affected by some kind of disease. Terminal or otherwise, as the case may be. We understand that our donations  are to help those in need as well as those who do the actual helping behind the scenes and so forth. In closing with ask that the members of Rational Response would meet us on this and also agree to buddy up, find a christian and chat with him or her and both agree to match the  same amount of 20.00  . Now we know that times are hard, so what ever below 20.00 you can give we ask that it is matched by one in the opposite faith or unfaith, as it were. And in the same token we as Christians and Atheist unite together and defend eachother against any other atheist or christian who choose not to participate. We therby agree to put up with one another you might say and, try, and I say try to build up a coalition based on friendship and tolerance of others regardless or their belief system or unbelief in general. So ask yourself...can we do more than bicker  about if God is real or not? Why sure we can! If God is real to Chrstians then he wants us to work together for a common goal, If He  doesnt exsist for atheist, then surely they want to help their fellow man...

So thank you for your time and  For Christians, may God Bless you in your giving, and for Aethist, Thank you for your fellowship .....

God Bless and we will be thinking about all of you....

PEACE.... SuteUp/Butch

Watch my test video here:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4fmNhlLiM

Suppose we have already donated a bunch of money this year (I have a few charities I hand pick every year). Will some theist match us? Or is does this only count from now on?

Are both parties supposed to give to the same charity? Or each to their chosen charity? Because I refuse to donate to about 90% of the charities that exist. In my opinion, only a few people are really worthy of receiving charity and I hate giving money to people who don't deserve it. For example, I would never give money to save a cat but I have given to a dog shelter (dogs are generally more deserving of charity than people).

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


butch
Theist
Posts: 14
Joined: 2007-10-02
User is offlineOffline
Doesnt matter

whatever floats your boat.....