The Force Took A Dump

digitalbeachbum's picture

I went to see The Force Awakens today and while visually stimulating the script is a complete fuck job. I'm really disappointed in the overall story and characters. Also the script lacks any originality. It's a complete rip off from the original story in Ep4 through Ep7. WTF? Did they just want to ensure that they took in a fucking boat load of money and through quality right out the door?

I'll refrain from post more as I don't want to post spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

 

Beyond Saving's picture

 It is JJ Abrams, the most

 It is JJ Abrams, the most incompetent director in sci fi, what did you expect? I will wait for Netflix before I watch it and get depressed over yet another great franchise destroyed by that idiot.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum's picture

Beyond Saving wrote:  It is

Beyond Saving wrote:

 It is JJ Abrams, the most incompetent director in sci fi, what did you expect? I will wait for Netflix before I watch it and get depressed over yet another great franchise destroyed by that idiot.

I expected nothing. I cleared my mind and just let it happen.

It was a strange experience watching the movie. I attempted with all my concentration to think that the original movies (ep4-6) did not exist. I wanted a clean slate.

The action and feel of the movie was good. It reminded me of the originals (not the crap fest Lucas pooped out in Ep1-3).

However the movie had several dozen plot segments from the originals. I could help myself from thinking that they rebooted it for a new generation so they could sell tons of merchandise.

Brian37's picture

 Not surprised. Now to be

 Not surprised. Now to be fair still amounts to taste much like you have those who argue over who the best Bond character is. But I am with you, I gave the first new one a shot after the original three, but found it long and boring and simply crappy. I wasn't expecting anything to change this time either even having Ford and Fisher back in it.

 

I think they should have named it "Star Wars, The Hype Awakens".

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet's picture

I simply refuse to

I simply refuse to acknowledge its existence. I did see a funny gif that told a brief version of the plot of episode 4 and switched out names to describe the plot of episode 7. I chuckled a bit. It's totally a reboot in disguise. Even worse than I expected.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

Vastet wrote:I simply refuse

Vastet wrote:
I simply refuse to acknowledge its existence. I did see a funny gif that told a brief version of the plot of episode 4 and switched out names to describe the plot of episode 7. I chuckled a bit. It's totally a reboot in disguise. Even worse than I expected.

I find it disturbing that the 'official canon' which was certified by Lucas Arts to be the holy bible of all knowledge was discarded. When the Star Wars nerds heard about the plot of this movie they went up in arms. 

Disney's reply?

"This is an alternate Universe with a different timeline"

WTF???

I'm done. I will never watch another Star Wars movie again except the original copies I have of the non-raped versions before Lucas had a fucking stroke and made them in to complete travesties.

 

Vastet's picture

The discarding of canon was

The discarding of canon was the final straw for me. I was wary the moment Disney bought the franchise, but it wasn't until JJ & the destruction of canon that I wiped my hands of it for good. Thousands of authours and animators and voice actors and more dedicated 25 years into expanding Star Wars while keeping continuity only for some punk ass bitch to come along and wipe all their efforts away because he thinks he's so awesome he can shit on everyone. And that punk ass bitch is so bad all he can do is a reboot which leaves no room for a transitionary story, turns the original cast into a cameo appearance, and makes a scenario that is absolute rubbish and nonsensical. If I had a list of people to brutally torture and kill before I die, JJ would be in the top ten on that list.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

Vastet wrote:The discarding

Vastet wrote:
The discarding of canon was the final straw for me. I was wary the moment Disney bought the franchise, but it wasn't until JJ & the destruction of canon that I wiped my hands of it for good. Thousands of authours and animators and voice actors and more dedicated 25 years into expanding Star Wars while keeping continuity only for some punk ass bitch to come along and wipe all their efforts away because he thinks he's so awesome he can shit on everyone. And that punk ass bitch is so bad all he can do is a reboot which leaves no room for a transitionary story, turns the original cast into a cameo appearance, and makes a scenario that is absolute rubbish and nonsensical. If I had a list of people to brutally torture and kill before I die, JJ would be in the top ten on that list.

Yep. What you said.

LMAO.  That last part really gave me a good laugh.

EXC's picture

 Got an illegal copy, only

 Got an illegal copy, only because I did not want to send money to encourage more garbage.

An ode to girl power. Lucas must have fucked up in 1977 because he did have women kick the ass of men with 10 times as much muscle mass. It is not only a galaxy far away but also universe far far away where the laws of physics no longer apply thanks to girl power.

Also hate the contant need for music to que me on how I feel. Shut the goddam music off during the dialog, I can figure out what I should feel with the god damn orchestra.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum's picture

EXC wrote:  Got an illegal

EXC wrote:

 Got an illegal copy, only because I did not want to send money to encourage more garbage.

An ode to girl power. Lucas must have fucked up in 1977 because he did have women kick the ass of men with 10 times as much muscle mass. It is not only a galaxy far away but also universe far far away where the laws of physics no longer apply thanks to girl power.

Also hate the contant need for music to que me on how I feel. Shut the goddam music off during the dialog, I can figure out what I should feel with the god damn orchestra.

I had several friends who are music 'experts' and they didn't like the music. The found it a rehash of the old stuff, but some people believe that John Williams actually hid secrets in the music and there are several YouTube videos showing note per note how he took stuff from Darth Vader's march and added it to Rey's music as to indicate that she was Darth Vader's grand daughter. Pretty cool to me if he did do that trick.

I wish I would have watched an illegal copy instead of giving money to Disney. I'm convinced that Disney doesn't care about art but the greed they can fulfill from art, thus the less effort they need to put in to something the more profit them make.

Vastet's picture

lmao Even Lucas has gone on

lmao Even Lucas has gone on to say this movie sucks and is not reflective of Star Wars now.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum's picture

Vastet wrote:lmao Even Lucas

Vastet wrote:
lmao Even Lucas has gone on to say this movie sucks and is not reflective of Star Wars now.

I noticed he backtracked at the end. A lawyer must have told him that he had to do damage control or lose 4 billion dollars.

Vastet's picture

I'd bet a million bucks

I'd bet a million bucks you're right.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek's picture

yeah, poor george. i think

yeah, poor george. i think the lid has been dancing on his pot for a couple years now, and he's just trying his best not to lose his shit.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson