On the election of Donald Trump a teenager writes to her school

RationalResponseSquad's picture

The following is being reposted with permission from a friend.  Her 17 year old daughter recently sent this letter to her school.

I would like to address the results of this presidential election, and propose a constructive response to the uncertainty it entails. You may praise this email, you may respond angrily, you may simply ignore it, you may respond as you choose. I write this email only in hopes of uniting our student body, or at the very least offering to those who share my frustration, fear, and confusion a voice of hope and sanity. (Besides, if one student can vent his frustrations over a $0.25 raise in Mentos prices to the entire student body, I believe I have the right to reach students who share my concerns in hopes of creating something positive out of an unfortunate situation.)

First of all, I’d like to offer a congratulations to every Trump supporter who may read this; you have truly achieved what was believed to be the impossible. It is remarkable; so remarkable very few could have predicted it. There is a reason political analysts, Clinton supporters, polls, and even most Trump supporters could have never predicted his success, and the reason is this: millions of people who have not voted in nearly fifty years have just voted. For most, Donald Trump has appealed to strong conservative beliefs, desire for change in Washington, and an alternative for those who simply cannot stand Hillary Clinton, an admittedly flawed candidate.

However, Donald Trump has also given a voice to the angry white American. His election is, in the words of political commentator Van Jones, a “white-lash.” Donald Trump himself may not truly be racist. He is however an opportunist. Much of his historic, unexpected rise is due to his violent, racist, divisive rhetoric. Our president in three short months has been endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan. He has proposed a ban of all Muslims into the country. He was a key leader in the “Birther Movement.” He has repeatedly treated minorities as monoliths. He has condoned violence against a Black Lives Matter protester at his rally. The list goes on and on and on. There is no longer relevancy in the question, “Is Donald Trump racist?” but rather, “Will he implement the racist legislation he has proposed?” And of course we must acknowledge that the president is a symbol of our beliefs as a nation. I speak for myself, and millions of others when I say, this is not the America I know.

The consequences of this election are still unknown. I, along with nearly half of America, carry great fear in my heart. I fear for our foreign relations, our environment, our safety, and most importantly I fear for the character of this nation. Now is the time we must unite. The country can no longer be split by Democrat and Republican, liberal or conservative, black or white, but rather progression or regression. Donald Trump’s presidency will cause the regression of this country if we do not come together to fight for good. Race relations will continue to deteriorate and divide us, to an unprecedented degree. Progress in gender equality and LGBT rights will be sent spirally backwards. I will not witness the destruction of this country. I will not sit idly by as my country becomes something I no longer recognize. I will not send out angry tweets about the state of the nation, yet do nothing to stop it. I will act. And I will act now.

My goal is to create an organization which would address and work towards defeating issues which divide our school, our community, and our country. Race relations, including those between Muslims and Latinos, gender equality, LGBT rights, and any issue which works against the just character of this nation will be confronted. My hope is to, through public outreach, fundraising, activism, and art, fight for an America in which every citizen is valued; an America which does not give in to oppression, but rather rises above it. If you are interested in joining this group, or you just want to complain about the annoyance of this email, contact me through my school email, (but please refrain from replying directly to this email, as your reply will be sent to everyone, and as we’ve seen from previous Mentos-related discussions, that can get rather tiresome and annoying).

This school cannot single-handedly fix America. But it can create an impact in our own community, which can have broader effects. Powerful movements begin with a small group of dedicated individuals.
 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

EXC's picture

 Just shocking the level of

 Just shocking the level of political indoctrination, as bad as any religious cult. She obviously can't think for herself, only repeats propaganda of the left.

Here's a few homework questions she should answer to open her mind to the outside world:

Who was the first person to claim Obama was born outside USA?

Can a nation be a nation if it has open borders?

Do women choose of their own free will careers that pay less than careers men choose?

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

Vastet's picture

I'd say she's less a victim

I'd say she's less a victim of indoctrination than yourself.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37's picture

 When GORE lost, you didn't

 When GORE lost, you didn't hear him saying "I am going to make Bush a 1 term president". When Kerry lost to Bush, he conceded graciously.

What we have not seen in politics is Trump's level of demagoguery since the age of Jim Crow and segregation. 

Mich McConnell not even before he took his first Oath, said of Obama "It will be our top priority to make him a 1 term president". 

That 17 year old is absolutely right. Old white men and old white money is still longing for a pre 60s time where minorities knew their place. 

Trump is an opportunist and and a lying peice of shit. All this talk about "Draining the swamp" and he is considering the likes of Bolton a Bush lacky? Has the head of a racist conspiracy rag in Brietbart running his campaign. Gulliani? The same ashole who attacked Hillary but was walking besides her on 9/11.

FUCK YOU EXC I will give Trump the same "chance" the GOP gave OBAMA, NONE! FUCK THEM AND FUCK YOU.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

EXC's picture

Losers:Winners:Guess who

Losers(aka Trump Protesters):

 

Winners:

Image result for Trump family photo

Guess who Americans will choose?

iwbiek's picture

my god, that family must go

my god, that family must go through gallons of hair oil annually.

Brian37's picture

EXC wrote:Losers(aka Trump

EXC wrote:

Losers(aka Trump Protesters):

 

Winners:

Image result for Trump family photo

Guess who Americans will choose?

You are one sick fuck. Yes he won, but used WW2 German demagoguery to get there. On top of cheating on his wives on top of "grab em by the pussy", on top of having an anti LGBT fuckface bigot for a VP. On top of shitting oun our allies. 

I think you are too fucking stupid to understand what he has done and the damage he has cased. It is one thing to have Rush Limbaugh or on the left Bill Maher do what they do in the private sector. But this isn't cable TV or shock jock radio. He has hurt people I know personally becuse of his politics of hate. PEOPLE I KNOW PERSONALLY.

Enjoy your win fuckface. I grew up on a stree full of bullies so I know what a bully is. YOU support a fucking bully. FUCK HIM AND FUCK YOU.

I will give him the same value Mich McConnell did with Obama BEFORE Obama even took his first oath. NONE because that is the value that shitfuck deserves. 

"Drain the swamp" what a load of crap. He's now loading his cabinate with the same assholes who gave us Bush whom bankrupted us and left us with a mess. YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. Prebius and Boltton are Bush cock suckers and they still have Paul Ryan kissing his ass. Exactly how is that changing shit?

Pre election "We are going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it"

Now, "No we will simply bulld in some places"

Pre Election "Ban all Muslims"

Now, "Not going to ban all Muslims"

Pre election, "Repeal and replace Obamacare"

Now, "Keep parts and fix others"

 

YOU'VE BEEN CONNED YOU STUPID FUCKING MORON.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

EXC's picture

That explains you a lot.

That explains you a lot. You've become what you hate, the bully. You can't use reason to win an arguement, so you insult. Also explains the self-loathing. You kow you're a loser so you need Democrats to lessen the impact of being one.

So Trump was never insulted for his orange complextion? Trump voters were never insulted? We're a basket of deplorables, but even a fraction of that is thrown back and we're Nazis.

Also, you're arguing against a strawman. Trump hardly advocates for positions I believe in such as deporting loser whites such as yourself and replacing them with hard working Mexicans. So you can hardly accuse me of racism.

Why don't you move to Canada then? Either you're a coward or you know not even most 'enlightened' progressives couldn't take being around you.

You've been bullied your whole life because you were born with a loser mentality. Your loathing of Trump instead of trying to emulate him only proves this.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

Vastet's picture

EXC wrote:That explains you

EXC wrote:

That explains you a lot. You've become what you hate, the bully. You can't use reason to win an arguement, so you insult. Also explains the self-loathing. You kow you're a loser so you need Democrats to lessen the impact of being one.

So Trump was never insulted for his orange complextion? Trump voters were never insulted? We're a basket of deplorables, but even a fraction of that is thrown back and we're Nazis.

Also, you're arguing against a strawman. Trump hardly advocates for positions I believe in such as deporting loser whites such as yourself and replacing them with hard working Mexicans. So you can hardly accuse me of racism.

Why don't you move to Canada then? Either you're a coward or you know not even most 'enlightened' progressives couldn't take being around you.

You've been bullied your whole life because you were born with a loser mentality. Your loathing of Trump instead of trying to emulate him only proves this.

 

QFT

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek's picture

if the donald doesn't want

if the donald doesn't want to be "insulted for his orange complexion," he shouldn't wear shitty bronzer.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet's picture

lol

lol

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek's picture

and poor ivanka is aging

and poor ivanka is aging like her mother. melania actually looks younger. then again, i guess that's donnie's type, since he's basically said he'd plow her if she wasn't his daughter.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC's picture

Brian37 wrote:Pre election

Brian37 wrote:

Pre election "We are going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it"

Now, "No we will simply bulld in some places"

Pre Election "Ban all Muslims"

Now, "Not going to ban all Muslims"

Pre election, "Repeal and replace Obamacare"

Now, "Keep parts and fix others"

 

So what is there to bitch about? The swamp is swallowing him up even before he gets there.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

iwbiek's picture

that's because he's an

that's because he's an incompetent fuck who's never even run for school board. now suddenly he's POTUS. but i take back my prediction he'll be a lame-duck president. he's going to be a figurehead, and the real establishment folks in washington are going to gang-rape him in every hole. he'll gladly surrender all decision-making once he realizes how in-over-his-head he is, and they'll make him their fucking catamite. then, when his tired ass is all used up, they'll throw him to the vindictive congressional wolves that are just waiting to sink their teeth into some orange flesh. impeachment awaits.


the republican old guard hates him because he's compromised the party's image for at least a generation, especially once the fucking rednecks realize he's not able to make good on a single goddamn, crackpot promise. for the corporate-military establishment, however, a trump presidency is a wet dream: a blank fucking check. and the beauty of it is, the american people are still going to blame him for every fuck-up. trump in the oval office is better than plausible deniability.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC's picture

iwbiek wrote:that's because

iwbiek wrote:
that's because he's an incompetent fuck who's never even run for school board. now suddenly he's POTUS.  

Obama was so much more experienced and prepared in 2008???

At least Trump has tons of experience fighting greedy lawyers, unions and contractors. Maybe he can put it to good use.

But to really drain the swamp means arrows from all sides.

 

iwbiek wrote:

the republican old guard hates him because he's compromised the party's image for at least a generation,
 

Yes, it has switched from Zionist to Nazi in just 2 years.

iwbiek wrote:

especially once the fucking rednecks realize he's not able to make good on a single goddamn, crackpot promise. for the corporate-military establishment, however, a trump presidency is a wet dream: a blank fucking check. and the beauty of it is, the american people are still going to blame him for every fuck-up. trump in the oval office is better than plausible deniability.

The proplem is Janet Yellen is a Berkley socialist, so she won't print him up any money to do anything. China will stop lending to bring the US to it knees. At least Trump has lots of bankruptcy experience, we'll need it.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca

iwbiek's picture

ha, if that kind of shit

ha, if that kind of shit hits the fan, then if the joint chiefs of staff even let donnie talk during a meeting, i'll eat my fucking shoe.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC's picture

iwbiek wrote:ha, if that

iwbiek wrote:
ha, if that kind of shit hits the fan, then if the joint chiefs of staff even let donnie talk during a meeting, i'll eat my fucking shoe.

Interest rates already up over a point since elections. Old Janet is shutting down the printing presses in time for inaguration.

Donnie will be building the wall to keep us in.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca