Dumb people should be put out of their misery

digitalbeachbum's picture

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/nebraska-lineman-bit-by-raccoon-while-trying-to-take-picture-with-it-143943654.htm...

I think there should be a law. Execute dumb people who do dumb things instantly.

Trying to take your pic with a wild raccoon is just plain stupid. Then having to kill the animal because of your stupidity? You should be castrated.

Brian37's picture

 Can't go that far, I am

 Can't go that far, I am sure my detractors on this website think the same thing about me. Still funny though. 

What could happen if I stick this fork in the wall socket?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

iwbiek's picture

the fact that you constantly

the fact that you constantly talk about having "detractors" shows the level of your self-aggrandisement. jonathan swift had "detractors." marx had "detractors." sidney hook had "detractors." you have people that are sick of your bullshit.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum's picture

Brian37 wrote: What could

Brian37 wrote:

 

What could happen if I stick this fork in the wall socket?

If you stuck a fork in a wall socket and you weren't properly grounded then you would most likely fry, thus eliminating the need to put you out of your misery.

Brian37's picture

iwbiek wrote:the fact that

iwbiek wrote:
the fact that you constantly talk about having "detractors" shows the level of your self-aggrandisement. jonathan swift had "detractors." marx had "detractors." sidney hook had "detractors." you have people that are sick of your bullshit.

If I had no detractors you defy that by responding to this. 

No self grandizing in this. I shit and fart and pee just like you. 

And yes, of course people are sick of my shit, just like I am sick of your shit. And the universe will continue regardless of who wins short term.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

iwbiek's picture

a detractor is someone who

a detractor is someone who has a problem with your theoretical position. you have no theoretical position. if i throw a rock at a chicken because i'm tired of its squawking, it's a bit asinine to call me the chicken's "detractor."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum's picture

Brian37 wrote:No self

Brian37 wrote:

No self grandizing in this. I shit and fart and pee just like you. 

And yes, of course people are sick of my shit, just like I am sick of your shit. And the universe will continue regardless of who wins short term.

I bet that while you and I shit, fart and pee. I can guarantee that you do not shit like me. You do not fart like me. and you definitely do not pee like me.

I'm not sick of your shit because stuff that you post which I think is shit I just ignore it. Responding only makes you post more.

iwbiek's picture

now that i have some time, i


now that i have some time, i actually read the article. what a fucking gobshite. what a cunt. you disturb wildlife that wasn't bothering you at all just for your own selfish frat boy vanity, then murder it when it justifiably defends iself. basically, a raccoon was minding its own business when a dumb fucking jock ran up, frightened it, then bludgeoned it to death with a wrench. i can't imagine a more horrifying death for man or beast. then he had the gall to post about it on social media and even joke about it. he should face animal cruelty charges.

i remember digging on our property years ago when we still had very little grass. it was summer, the earth was dry and loose, and i suddenly saw a reptilian tail thrashing about in the dust, protruding from a hole. having grown up in the hills of eastern kentucky, rife with copperheads, my mind irrationally went to snake, and the safety of my family. never mind the fact that, intellectually, i knew that snakes are very rare in slovakia, and poisonous snakes even rarer. i raised my spade over my head and brought it down viciously into the loose dirt near the thrashing tail, chopping again and again. it was only when i came to my senses that i turned over the dust and found the mutilated body of a lizard. to say i was devastated would be an understatement. i cursed myself repeatedly for the rest of the day and only told my wife because i felt had to tell someone. i was so ashamed, and i did it because i genuinely perceived a threat, even though rationally i should have known better. i can't imagine actually going out of my way to disturb a creature, beating it brutally to death, then feeling no remorse whatsoever...in fact, turning it into a funny story to tell the newspapers. this guy is the dumb, obnoxious bro version of a sociopath. fuck him, preferably with an AIDS-infected dildo.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish's picture

     If I actually had

 

    If I actually had the power to enact my own form of  justice this would be the last thing animal abusers ever see...

 

                                                

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.

Brian37's picture

digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

No self grandizing in this. I shit and fart and pee just like you. 

And yes, of course people are sick of my shit, just like I am sick of your shit. And the universe will continue regardless of who wins short term.

I bet that while you and I shit, fart and pee. I can guarantee that you do not shit like me. You do not fart like me. and you definitely do not pee like me.

I'm not sick of your shit because stuff that you post which I think is shit I just ignore it. Responding only makes you post more.

Nope sorry, you are just as finite as I am. You shit and fart and pee like all 7 billion humans and all humans of the past.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

digitalbeachbum's picture

iwbiek wrote: now that i

iwbiek wrote:

now that i have some time, i actually read the article. what a fucking gobshite. what a cunt. you disturb wildlife that wasn't bothering you at all just for your own selfish frat boy vanity, then murder it when it justifiably defends iself. basically, a raccoon was minding its own business when a dumb fucking jock ran up, frightened it, then bludgeoned it to death with a wrench. i can't imagine a more horrifying death for man or beast. then he had the gall to post about it on social media and even joke about it. he should face animal cruelty charges.

i remember digging on our property years ago when we still had very little grass. it was summer, the earth was dry and loose, and i suddenly saw a reptilian tail thrashing about in the dust, protruding from a hole. having grown up in the hills of eastern kentucky, rife with copperheads, my mind irrationally went to snake, and the safety of my family. never mind the fact that, intellectually, i knew that snakes are very rare in slovakia, and poisonous snakes even rarer. i raised my spade over my head and brought it down viciously into the loose dirt near the thrashing tail, chopping again and again. it was only when i came to my senses that i turned over the dust and found the mutilated body of a lizard. to say i was devastated would be an understatement. i cursed myself repeatedly for the rest of the day and only told my wife because i felt had to tell someone. i was so ashamed, and i did it because i genuinely perceived a threat, even though rationally i should have known better. i can't imagine actually going out of my way to disturb a creature, beating it brutally to death, then feeling no remorse whatsoever...in fact, turning it into a funny story to tell the newspapers. this guy is the dumb, obnoxious bro version of a sociopath. fuck him, preferably with an AIDS-infected dildo.

It's interesting to read your post because I believe this is where you and I are in agreement.

I too have had moments when I have killed an animal. Recently I was driving home from a day in the park when I hit a painted water turtle. It was just on the edge of the road getting ready to cross. I was doing the speed limit and I had very little room to move left to avoid it. Thud. I felt it go under the tires, both of them. I imagined the pain, then silence of its heart as it returned to the cycle of rebirth. I was upset. I had to tell my wife even though she didn't see it. It bothered me all day. 

I also recently had to kill a male mosquito to satisfy my daughter who has a phobia of insects. I usually try to catch them but my day was long and I was tired. I was in a hurry to get her cleaned up and in to bed. So I looked at the insect, wrapped it up in a tissue and flushed it.

The guy was completely ignorant, most likely intoxicated beyond definition. He hopfully will learn one day to respect all life, but I think that this life cycle for him is a miss.

iwbiek's picture

well, you and i are in

well, you and i are in agreement as far as killing life that isn't harming us, but i'm not totally averse to killing. mosquitoes can get pretty bad during the slovak summers, and they particularly seem to have a taste for me and my infant son, so i kill them on sight. same with stinging insects, if they get in the house, because i'm allergic, though i'll try to let bees alone. wasps and hornets are dead, though. anything else i'll try to put outside, though my wife often insists i kill spiders. i see absolutely no reason for this, especially since slovakia has no harmful spiders.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum's picture

iwbiek wrote:well, you and i

iwbiek wrote:
well, you and i are in agreement as far as killing life that isn't harming us, but i'm not totally averse to killing. mosquitoes can get pretty bad during the slovak summers, and they particularly seem to have a taste for me and my infant son, so i kill them on sight. same with stinging insects, if they get in the house, because i'm allergic, though i'll try to let bees alone. wasps and hornets are dead, though. anything else i'll try to put outside, though my wife often insists i kill spiders. i see absolutely no reason for this, especially since slovakia has no harmful spiders.

It was a male mosquito but I guess the argument could be made that it fertilizes the eggs which can be come female mosquitoes. Either way I prefer not to kill, though because of my family I have killed mosquitoes for the same reason as you. Other beings such as mud wasps (don't bite humans) and wood boring bees (don't make honey and don't bite humans) I always catch. Hornets, if I have the ability yeah I've caught them. I think I am able to get away with the flying insects because they always get trapped in our room with the vaulted ceiling. They are always trying to follow the sun. So they bounce on this one window, over and over, then get tired, then I use a special vacuum device to suck them up.

I don't think I've killed a spider in a long time. They eat cockroaches and we have tons of them around here. I dislike them.

ProzacDeathWish's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:.....

digitalbeachbum wrote:
..... but I think that this life cycle for him is a miss.

 

         So in your current Buddhist world view this "dude" is going to be reborn / reincarnated / transmigrated into one of six states based upon his karmic status  ?

 Heaven ( 37 different levels )

 Human life

 Asura

 Hungry Ghost

 Animals

 Hell

 

 

 

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.

digitalbeachbum's picture

ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:
..... but I think that this life cycle for him is a miss.

 

         So in your current Buddhist world view this "dude" is going to be reborn / reincarnated / transmigrated into one of six states based upon his karmic status  ?

 Heaven ( 37 different levels )

 Human life

 Asura

 Hungry Ghost

 Animals

 Hell 

Define karmic status.

 (edit)

and I ask this because there doesn't seem to be a one public opinion on this unless you are coming specifically from a teaching.

ProzacDeathWish's picture

digitalbeachbum wrote:Define

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Define karmic status.

 (edit)

and I ask this because there doesn't seem to be a one public opinion on this unless you are coming specifically from a teaching.

 

    Actually, my question wasn't directed at Buddhism as a general topic or even in comparing differing views among Buddhists themselves. That approach would too easily wander off into tiresome tangents.  I was focusing upon what you personally held to regarding karma, life cycles etc.  Your personal view was what I was curious about.   BTW, I am not even asking you to defend your view ( like an apologist would ) unless you choose to.  

     For you to simply identify your own perspective on the topic of reincarnation / rebirth would be sufficient for me.

 

 

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.

digitalbeachbum's picture

ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Define karmic status.

 (edit)

and I ask this because there doesn't seem to be a one public opinion on this unless you are coming specifically from a teaching.

 

    Actually, my question wasn't directed at Buddhism as a general topic or even in comparing differing views among Buddhists themselves. That approach would too easily wander off into tiresome tangents.  I was focusing upon what you personally held to regarding karma, life cycles etc.  Your personal view was what I was curious about.   BTW, I am not even asking you to defend your view ( like an apologist would ) unless you choose to.  

     For you to simply identify your own perspective on the topic of reincarnation / rebirth would be sufficient for me.

 

It's difficult to express what I see in my mind and from what I have experienced. I learned some time ago that my experiences are mine alone and as long as I understand them or learn from them I ask nothing more from me.

Energy and matter exist and to some extent neither can be destroyed only converted. I'm avoiding anti-matter for the sake of this discussion. Every being, I include plant life as a being, have energy patterns. Their matter is arranged in a specific way.  When you die, those cells break down and are absorbed by the environment.

I do not believe in karma has being heaven or hell. I do not believe you remember any thing, though I've seen some interesting studies on children who remember stuff.

I could go on and on, but I think I would put you to sleep.

 

 

 

BobSpence's picture

iwbiek wrote:a detractor is

iwbiek wrote:
a detractor is someone who has a problem with your theoretical position. you have no theoretical position. if i throw a rock at a chicken because i'm tired of its squawking, it's a bit asinine to call me the chicken's "detractor."

English definition of “detractor”:
detractor
noun [C] UK /dɪˈtræk.tər/ US /-tɚ/
› someone who criticizes something or someone, often unfairly:
'(Definition of detractor from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

Nothing whatever to do with 'theoretical position'. Just assumes the target has some positive reputation, at least in the eyes of thr 'detractor', that the 'detractor' wants to reduce, ie, 'detract' from.

BTW, I have no compunction about squishing flies, mosquitoes, and the like, but mammals are way over my threshhold. And marsupials - don't wanna be mean to kangaroos...

 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

iwbiek's picture

BobSpence wrote:iwbiek

BobSpence wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
a detractor is someone who has a problem with your theoretical position. you have no theoretical position. if i throw a rock at a chicken because i'm tired of its squawking, it's a bit asinine to call me the chicken's "detractor."

English definition of “detractor”:
detractor
noun [C] UK /dɪˈtræk.tər/ US /-tɚ/
› someone who criticizes something or someone, often unfairly:
'(Definition of detractor from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

Nothing whatever to do with 'theoretical position'. Just assumes the target has some positive reputation, at least in the eyes of thr 'detractor', that the 'detractor' wants to reduce, ie, 'detract' from.

BTW, I have no compunction about squishing flies, mosquitoes, and the like, but mammals are way over my threshhold. And marsupials - don't wanna be mean to kangaroos...

 




regardless of what the dictionary says, bob, as a native english-speaker you can't deny that the word is usually reserved for grander situations than people getting annoyed at a hysterical fuckwit over the internet. therefore, it understandably makes me think that brian believes his activities here are much more significant than they actually are. and i don't think brian has much rep around here for me to detract from anymore.


btw, this is what i meant by "sniping."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37's picture

 Um, for someone who does

 Um, for someone who does not know how to use the shift function to capitalize their sentances, I find it laughable you trying to lecture me about my word choices. The funniest part in all this is you say you want me to shut up, but yet you post knowing I am going to respond. Doesn't seem to be getting you the desired result you want does it?

I will use whatever words I want and I don't need your permission "teach". The only one in histerics here is you. No one put a gun to your head to read my posts. So if you are going to respond to me then don't cry like a whiney little bitch.  

Now how about a "snipe" done in your style to demonstrate what a childish brat you've been acting like,

i think you mistook me for someone who gives a fuck, see there didn't capitalize the first word for you. remember that the next time you get pendantic with me over the word "detractor".

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

iwbiek's picture

i don't capitalize. it's a


i don't capitalize. it's a choice. like your ignorance.

i've never once capitalized on this site, not in 6 years. i find it amusing you're just now pointing it out. maybe bob suggested you should call me out on it. hmmm...

now i will sit and wait for you to show me ONE PLACE (oops, my finger slipped on the caps lock) where i've told you you should shut up. i don't think you should shut up, brian. i just think maybe you should think as much as you talk. you'd likely be educated by now if you did.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37's picture

Yea ok "teach".  You simply

Yea ok "teach".  

You simply do not like me and that is all this amounts to. Boo and hoo. Would you like a little whine with that cheese? Amazing how that shift key works.

You are such a cute detractor. All gussied up with a shiny red avatar too.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

iwbiek's picture

of course it amounts to me

of course it amounts to me not liking you. i've been telling you that all along. you're the one who keeps trying to deflect the conversation onto economics or politics (i use those terms veeeery loosely where you're concerned), or tries to make it about me not liking your "blasphemy" or me being mad that i'm not actually friends with bob or something along those lines (which is really bizarre). but no. i attack you because i don't like you. you're a self-righteous, willfully ignorant, dim-witted, dishonest shite. i make no secret of that.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson