Aftermath: ten potent reasons to hate Christmas/giftmas/xmas/etc...
- You(I) are an introvert
- You(I) are coerced OR outright forced to deal with relatives you'd rather have little to do with
- You don't care for these pointless, highly kitsch "cards" you receive and are expected to give a shit about
- Don't care for the trinkets people give you that you are expected to give a shit about
- You have something much more fun and rewarding to do with your time
- You'd rather NOT have a winter holiday locally as opposed to... say, in Calgary or Bahamas
- You don't like how commercialized many holidays like giftmas have become
- You don't care for how disingenuous/facade-like "family friendly" holidays like giftmas have become
- You don't need the stress of travel arrangements, gift ideas, contacting long distance relatives, finding a convenient spot to gather at, work parties, and the like
- BAH HUMBUG! (all of the above)
There ya have it folks, my top 10 reasons why I tire of such "holidays" meant to somehow promote "(Christian) charity and good will towards men"... from my PoV, they do the exact opposite.
I'm sure the same is, at least, partially true of most of the people posting to RRS. Yea? Nea? And (most importantly) why? Respond here!
“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)