Sapient interviewed by Laura Ingraham (Official thread - downloads - commentary)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Sapient interviewed by Laura Ingraham (Official thread - downloads - commentary)

Updated thread on Sapient vs Laura Ingraham

 

The best damn atheist radio show that has ever been made, Rational Response Squad disected the Laura Ingraham interview.  This was one of the best shows we did.  Laura gave me enough material to unload and we were all livid at her.  This show is full of raw emotion, but with tons of humor.  If you have a problem with Laura being referred to as a "retarded cunt" then you should not listen to this broadcast.

(right click save as)  Download the whole show for free now!  <-- this is the file you are looking for

Here is the download to my appearance on the Laura Ingraham show. I was muted during much of the interview, it started right off the get go.  It was not a result of being boisterous.  It definitely throws you off as you have to skip over 5 big topics, because you have to summarize everything into 5-15 second clips.  You can hear how my volume is being turned up and down.   

Two other noteworthy stories from the week I was interviewed with Laura Ingraham:

Here is a 4 minute segment on the Penn Jilette show in which he talks about the Blasphemy Challenge and the Rational Response Squad.  He basically recorded a commercial for us.

Christian Science Monitor did a story on the Blasphemy Challenge within a bigger story.  The portion she wrote about me was accurate.

 

Views about the Laura Ingraham interview from other threads on this site....

Laura Ingraham what a stupid bitch

Truatheist wrote:

My e-mail to Ms. Ingraham

Laura,

I will begin this letter by stating that I have never e-mailed any radio or T.V. program until now. After listening to your “interview” with Mr. Sapient, it was easy to see that you were out of your league. Your constant ad hominem attacks, in conjunction with the numerous strawman arguments you presented against atheism were appalling. Not to mention constantly cutting his mic and endlessly interrupting him, all the while he kept his cool. A person who holds a position of theism such as yours really has no choice but to resort to these tactics. A logical argument cannot be constructed that proves a supernatural being created the universe and then sacrificed itself to itself in order to save mankind from itself.

It was easy to discern that you were simply angry that many people do not believe in the fairytale that dictates your life. You are pathetic … I feel sorry for you, I truly do!

 

Laura Ingraham hypocrite

rab wrote:

I just listened to the podcast discussing Brian Sapient's guest appearance on The Laura Ingraham Show.

Morality are commandments? Laura hasn't really read the bible. God's commandments are retarded! We get along with each other for survival and empathy.

About Mother Teresa, Apparently, Ingraham she never read Christopher Hitchens's scathing tome about her. If Teresa had been a secularist working with them, the people she cared for would have had clean facilities, food, clean clothes, and sterile needles. Millions of dollars that poured in to the charity went to the church and other missions. In Ingrams world, missionaries are there for "a reason." Mother Teresa's reason was to glorify the poor's suffering because they were suffering for Jesus! One major reason we have missionaries, especially in Africa, is because people have been missplaced because of religious intollerance and genocide.

I remember listening to Ingraham's show the day Terri Shiavo died. She went on and on about how the liberals killed this poor woman and how conservatives are about "the culture of life." Of course, that "culture of life" doesn't include the poor children that fell victim to mortar shells that her conservative president chose to drop on them. I liked it when she asked Brian what bible he reads. Pssst,, Laura, he read the same one you claim to know! "What about the women's sufferage movement?" She actually used that as an argument for theists activism! She needs to do some research on Elizabeth Statton and Susan B. Antony and what their beliefs were.

 

My views on the Ingraham vs Sapient faceoff

God-Bane wrote:

Greetings,

Before I listened to your debate with Laura Ingraham I had never really heard of the woman, so I googled her. I must admit that I found her career resume quite impressive but she is obviously lacking when it comes to the art of argumentation. Here are just four of the diverting and idiotic tactics she used:

1 - She tried to use the work of Christian missionaries as proof that there is a god and as justification for the continuation of Christianity. In my opinion, Christian charity isn't altruistic since they're only doing it because a book tells them that they have to do it in order to make it into Heaven. If a million Christians do charity work based on what a book tells them it's still not as noble as the charity work of ten atheists who do charity work without being nudged by religiosity.

2 - She asked you if you were ever going to get a job, which was a low blow and indicative of the way that Christians will desperately lash out (I thought they weren't supposed to judge people?!) when they find themselves inevitably backed into a corner.

3 - She asked you why you're up at night thinking about Christians, which was another low blow. Christianity got where it is today because Christians WERE up at night thinking about what non-Christians were doing. Christianity is where it is today because they were persistently gaining converts and voicing their views, or when that didn't work, they just killed people. At least atheists aren't killing people wholesale because they won't agree with our view

4 - The name-game was the most pathetic in my opinion. It had absolutely no relevance to the argument at hand. Naming intelligent people who believed in God, or APPEAR to have believed in God does not establish a correlation between intelligence and religion. Laura named Galileo but also left out the part where the church banned his "heretic" works, allowed him to speak to no one at religious festivals, put him on house arrest, and denied him burial at the Basilica of Santa Croce (he wasn't allowed to be buried there until almost a hundred years after his death)! She named Leonardo da Vinci but fails to realize that he was also a man of science and did not believe in the Biblical flood based on his scientific observations. If anything, they've contributed to the atheist movement because they were two great men who successfully challenged the Bible (although they didn't live to see the fruits of their success). PS: Is it really any wonder that many intelligent people during the Italian Renaissance professed to believe in God when you could be jailed or burned at the stake for not agreeing?!!

I initially sent this message via Youtube but I realized that nobody had visited the account in quite some time so I decided to send it here. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

God-Bane

 

A host of a business talk show decided to host me because he was disgusted with the way Laura Ingraham treated me on her show.

The story behind Brian Sapient with Saul Albom and downloads to the interview that connects atheism to the stock market... somehow.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13235
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I'm to be

Sapient wrote:
I'm to be interviewed on the Laura Ingraham show Wednesday January 3rd at about 10:30 am est. The producer tells me they are the 4th biggest talk radio show in the country (sans shock jock radio). You can tune in if you have a Live365 radio account here: http://www.lauraingraham.com/ Or find a local radio station that will air it here: http://www.lauraingraham.com/stationfinder

She is a female Limbaugh. Don't expect anything less than her setting you up to tear you down. BE sure to post an 800 number so we can counter as well.

I'd also make a request to the phone screener NOT to filter callers if they are truely intrested in fairness.

In any case, you should be aware as I am sure you are that it is set up to make her look like the hero and you look like the bad guy.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Yeah man, be weary and be

Yeah man, be weary and be prepared.  I'll be tuning in.  Keep posting reminders especially on myspace.  I'm just back from being in red state super christian america for the holidays..but now I'm back.  I'm trying to catch up with but I want to listen to the interview....no publicity is bad publicity.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Here is the 800#:

Here is the 800#: 800.876.4123

 

Two posts just sent to me via myspace:

_____________

Yo, she's soooooooo uber-conservative. Be careful, she uses the standard Bill O'Reilly tactics:

(1) She talks over guests.
(2) She cuts them off at the end and gets in parting shots where the guest can't answer her usually rediculous statement.
(3) Logical fallacies out the ass, especially appeals to fear, biased examples, appeals to tradition, and misleading vividness. Y'know, standard tactics.
(4) When proven wrong she says shit like, "Oh please" or "That's just not true", all with no evidence, but yet her audience nods along.

I used to listen to her every morning since I like to know what all of America is thinking and thus listen to her and Rush to see what the other side thinks. So yea, just be prepared for this shit. She's not always wrong obviously, but she does like to twist facts and appeal to fear/tradition.

Good luck dude.

-=Grim=-

_________________________

Watch yourself. I hope you are familiar with good ol' Ms. Ingrahm.

http://www.crooksandliars.com can give you some idea of what to expect. Look on the left menu and select her name for worlds o'fun.

Best of luck.

__________________________

 

ANOTHER COMMENT:

aww man, have fun taking up that bitch and a half!

open up a can of reason on her. she's going to need all of the reason you can offer. 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
I think if there is a trick

I think if there is a trick to dealing with people like her, it's being prepared.  If you stumble or stutter over something, even if it's perfectly correct, she'll jump in immediately.  Likewise, if there's a way to say something in 5 words, it's better than 10 words, because there's less time for her to cut you off.  It would also be pretty cool to come up with a clever way to bust her for interrupting, but I don't know what it would be.

I don't have an account to listen to it, but I'm sure it'll get onto youtube pretty quickly.  Can't wait to hear how you do.  If anybody can toast the bitch, you can!

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
Posts: 146
Joined: 2006-11-22
User is offlineOffline
will it be available on

will it be available on this site? 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13235
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
20vturbo wrote: will it be

20vturbo wrote:

will it be available on this site?

Left or right all media is trained to make the host look like the hero and the oposing guest like the punching bag.

I'd advise treating her like a babby and say, "I talked without interupting you, now please let me do the same."

Also be silly to if you have to. If they point out something an atheist said that they find offensive say, "Oh so I should equate all Christians to Jerry Falwell or Al Sharpton?"

Maybe throw in, "We wont barbaque your kittens or howel at the moon if thats what you think." 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
More thoughts from our

More thoughts from our myspace friends on Laura Ingraham

Quote:
Don't let this bitch talk over you. She urged her listeners to jam the phone lines of the democratic party's hotline to report voting problems. This is a women who when confronted with logic and superior ideas, will try anything she can think of to silence them. Win at all costs, damn reality. Google her name and the word "election". You'll read about the event in question. Kick her ass!

Quote:
  Laura Ingram is a seething wingnut moron. Its a shame you have to promote that dipshit's show. She's like Ann Coulter without the brains.

Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do to get your message out there. Just make sure you completely eviscerate her, ok? Extra points if she screams at you and bans you from the show permanently.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
Posts: 239
Joined: 2006-12-04
User is offlineOffline
Are you going on to discuss

Are you going on to discuss the Blasphemy Challenge specifically?  Or are you going to be on in the kind of way Sam Harris was on Scarborough when Ingraham hosted for him - as in, in intersection of faith and politics?

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com


Voided
Posts: 1195
Joined: 2006-02-20
User is offlineOffline
It looks like you'll have a

It looks like you'll have a bit of fun with this one. She probably won't expect too much out of you if she is as arrogant as she sounds, but her listeners are probably going to fall for her tricks...

 

Show her that reason we all love. 


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I have faith in you,

I have faith in you, Sapient. Wink


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote: Are

Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote:
Are you going on to discuss the Blasphemy Challenge specifically?  Or are you going to be on in the kind of way Sam Harris was on Scarborough when Ingraham hosted for him - as in, in intersection of faith and politics?

 

Her intent on bringing me on was the Blasphemy Challenge however the producer has expressed interest in bringing Rook, Yellow5, and myself on as recurring guests for other issues pertaining to religion in the future.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Her intent

Sapient wrote:
Her intent on bringing me on was the Blasphemy Challenge however the producer has expressed interest in bringing Rook, Yellow5, and myself on as recurring guests for other issues pertaining to religion in the future.

That's either a lie to keep you interested, or it indicates they think you would be good strawmen to tear down over and over. There's only one reason such a show would want recurring guests from the atheism side, and that's to make them look bad.

So, ironically, if you do well by our standards, they probably won't ask you back. Wink

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


pkremida
Posts: 24
Joined: 2006-07-19
User is offlineOffline
PLEASE RECORD THIS!

Please please please record this and post it later! I have to work and I DESPERATLY want to hear you tear this horrible horrible woman to pieces! Good luck!


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
They just bumped it to 11:35

They just bumped it to 11:35 am est.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13235
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: They just

Sapient wrote:
They just bumped it to 11:35 am est.

I hate cooperate radio. None of the stations I can find are airing it localy for free. Not only do these stations get money from advertisers they also get money from paid subscriptions. BULLSHIT! How much fucking money do these people need.

Not just this, but the entire trend in media is to pick everyone's pocket as much as possible. You think they'd be kind enough to let you air it here for free since we are not regular listeners of that show.

COOPERATE GREED! 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
Posts: 473
Joined: 2006-03-15
User is offlineOffline
I thought I could listen to

I thought I could listen to it through the local AM station online, but work apparently blocks this. I hope that I can listen to audio later, as I don't have a radio here to use.

Shaun

EDIT:

So, just a couple minutes after posting that, I noticed that a radio was just sitting around unused.  I noticed it because someone knocked it over and almost broke it.  I'm listening right now (with earphones) and await the fun.  I guess I'll have to wait the extra hour, however.  I might listen through....

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I'm rebroadcasting the show

I'm rebroadcasting the show in the stickam room:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/rrs_webcam_room

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Just let me know if you need

Just let me know if you need to borrow my rings! (The ones that spell out "BITCH" backwards so anyone you pimp-slap has it imprinted on their cheek or forehead!) Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
Posts: 147
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
stickam's down for

stickam's down for maintenance for another half hour.


Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
Posts: 1322
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Try this:

Try this: http://www.wntp.com/ Listen live top right


Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
Posts: 239
Joined: 2006-12-04
User is offlineOffline
Listen live y'all

SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
Posts: 147
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Coolness, that link works,

Coolness, that link works, thanks Rook Smiling


Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
Posts: 1322
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
Brian is coming back with

Brian is coming back with everything, excellent comment on Peer Reveiwed material. "What Bible are you looking at?"  Funny.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)


ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
Posts: 473
Joined: 2006-03-15
User is offlineOffline
I love all the common

I love all the common questions followed by the silence of allowing you to respond.  Oh wait, that didn't happen.

I was totally waiting for you to jump on the Pascal's wager question as well as the historicity of Jesus issue.

 Then she said they question everything; yes, but they don't wait for the answer.  it's one thing to ask a question, quite another to not wait for an answer because she thinks she knows the answer.

 Hucking Filarious...

 Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.


Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
Posts: 239
Joined: 2006-12-04
User is offlineOffline
I guess it was worth it for

I guess it was worth it for the plug and name recognition ... but there is something rather disingenuous about that woman; it all seemed like a bit of a waste of time.

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com


goescrunch
goescrunch's picture
Posts: 50
Joined: 2006-08-20
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I'm to be

Sapient wrote:
I'm to be interviewed on the Laura Ingraham show Wednesday January 3rd at about 11:30 am est.

 

Oh dear, she's going to hold out "hope" for you so that maybe someday you can "wrap your heart" around religion. Isn't that just CHARMING! LOL, I love that she had to say it AFTER she got you off the air.

 My sister wanted to call in, but I didn't write down the number. She wanted to point out that she was a Christian who believes in evolution, and she thinks only an idiot would doubt all the evidence that we have of it. She said religion may take faith, but evolution has been proven time and time again.

I think that woman should have given you more time to talk, but she did give the url to the site. Maybe we'll get some curious people who will drop by.

Although... Those who converted back to their natural state of atheism... I don't think they were ever truly Christian. I think they were more or less "weak" Christian's, or basically "Pascal's Wager" Christians. A friend of mine is a "Pascal's Wager" Christian, and it really pisses me off. I'm constantly sending him links to here, and copy and pastes from here. ^_^ Next time he comes over I'm having him watch some vids, much to his displeasure. YAY! (Mainly because it pisses me off that he's supposed to be a scientist... He needs to be more logical.)


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Rook_Hawkins wrote: "What

Rook_Hawkins wrote:
"What Bible are you looking at?"

 

Lmao!!!!!!! That was hilarious!! Laughing out loud

I was listening to the show, I was getting irrated by her, too.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
ShaunPhilly wrote: I love

ShaunPhilly wrote:

I love all the common questions followed by the silence of allowing you to respond.  Oh wait, that didn't happen.

 I was muted quite often.  The producer stayed on the line the whole time and about half of the times I spoke he said something to the effect of,  "nope nope no talking, can't talk"

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


V1per41
V1per41's picture
Posts: 288
Joined: 2006-10-09
User is offlineOffline
Bummer, I missed it. Any

Bummer, I missed it.

Any news on when/where we will be able to hear it again?


MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I missed it.  It aired

I missed it.  It aired 8:30am here and I was busy then.  Just wondering if there was going to be a link to it later. 


sumra
Theist
Posts: 44
Joined: 2006-12-11
User is offlineOffline
Invite her on your show

Invite her on your show


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
sumra wrote: Invite her on

sumra wrote:
Invite her on your show

 The producers know I'm willing to have her on.

 

Yes, I'll have a link to download at somepoint.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MrGawn
Rational VIP!
MrGawn's picture
Posts: 44
Joined: 2006-08-09
User is offlineOffline
you see, i am totaly

you see, i am totaly rational enough to know that the dogmatic god doesnt exsist 100%. however, i am not rational enough to not resort to a violent response when im pushed like that! my chicken lomeign has now gone cold in the wake of this ladies show!!! i want her here with me so that i can show her, her god and take vocal samples from what came next!!!!!

 

She is a piece of shit theist that did the typical cop-out when presented with acctual facts!!!! i wish that i could have had a hand in that interview!!!!

 

now my stomach churns with the notions that her audiance applauds her efforts to do battle with an atheist!!! if i believed that praying would help to manifest a  vaginal disorder to her i would pray all day!!!!

I am the radical and variable to counter act on your alpha and omega! The One True Juggernaut, and. . . I WILL BASH AND CUT DOWN THOSE THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT!!!


Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
Posts: 1322
Joined: 2006-02-11
User is offlineOffline
You da man, bro. =)

You da man, bro. =)


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
ok... where's the

ok... where's the transcript?  Where's the feed?

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13235
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: ok...

Hambydammit wrote:

ok... where's the transcript? Where's the feed?

 

I'ld like to know how I can download just that segment. I think as a professonal courtacy they should allow you to put that clip up as part of your show. But you may be able to play the entire interview as a LEAGEL CRITICISM of the segment. Parody and criticism is protected, it should not be a legal issue unless they are cowards and dont want you criticising them.

We see that tactic all the time in media. A clip is played, stopped and the host comments. I think if that company made an issue out of it it would simply be because they think they could bully you because you are much smaller. I would hope that someone there would value your right to do your own show criticising that segement. They went on after you left and continued to criticise you.

Not sure if they really care about fairness as much as they care about crushing compitition, any competition.

I would love for them to prove me wrong by having her come on your show without her slick media tricks. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Then again, you're free to

Then again, you're free to do whatever you like until you get the cease and desist order, right?

(This is why I'm not a lawyer, by the way.)

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I will be posting the file

I will be posting the file for download, it'll be up within hours.  I asked if I could make the file available and they approved.  Additionally you can use any media you want if you want to commentate on it, parody it, or criticize it.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I will be posting the file

I will be posting the file for download, it'll be up within hours.  I asked if I could make the file available and they approved.  Additionally you can use any media you want if you want to commentate on it, parody it, or criticize it.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: ...or

Sapient wrote:
...or criticize it.

 

Oh, I will. Laughing out loud


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13235
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Sapient wrote:
...or criticize it.

 

Oh, I will. Laughing out loud

HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A CONSERVITIVE!

You should know that you are intitled to their opinion because only Jesus is allowed to tell us how to be Americans. Now be a good little house token and sit at the back of the bus. Thats what a good minority does.

DISSENT IS NOT ALLOWED, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: American

Brian37 wrote:
American Atheist wrote:

Sapient wrote:
...or criticize it.

 

Oh, I will. Laughing out loud

HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A CONSERVITIVE!

You should know that you are intitled to their opinion because only Jesus is allowed to tell us how to be Americans. Now be a good little house token and sit at the back of the bus. Thats what a good minority does.

DISSENT IS NOT ALLOWED, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! 

I can criticize anything I want. Can't stop me. Sticking out tongue


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13235
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
American Atheist wrote:

Sapient wrote:
...or criticize it.

 

Oh, I will. Laughing out loud

HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A CONSERVITIVE!

You should know that you are intitled to their opinion because only Jesus is allowed to tell us how to be Americans. Now be a good little house token and sit at the back of the bus. Thats what a good minority does.

DISSENT IS NOT ALLOWED, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

I can criticize anything I want. Can't stop me. :-P

GODDAMN CONSTITUTION!

WE SHOULD SHRED THAT THING TO AVOID HURT FEELINGS SO FUNDIES CAN DICTATE WHAT IT MEANS TO BE AN AMERICAN.

OH WAIT, WE NEED TO SHRED THE CONSTITUTION SO THAT WE CAN DEMAND THAT PEOPLE BY FORCE OF GOVERMENT LIKE US!

YOU FUCKING FREEDOM LOVER YOU ASSHOLE! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Spartanacus
Posts: 1
Joined: 2007-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Laura Ingraham Show

Just last week I started listening to Mancow, Laura Ingraham, etc. at work.  I love Mancow, but wasn't quite sure what to make of old Laura.

Well, thanks to you Brian, I now know I dislike her very much.  You handled yourself very professionally even though she did just as all the previous posters warned you she'd do.

I not only learned that I dislike her very much (maybe DISRESPECT, PITY, and LOATHE would be a better assessment), but I was happy to be made aware of your site and organization.  Often, I ask myself what I can do to further my views on making this planet a better one...and unfortunately due to time restraints...it usually is left on message boards and in rambling sessions to my wife.

Well, it just so turns out that I have a 3 part plan on saving this country and world, and you my friend, are trying to tackle the biggest and most challenging part of that plan...and I commend you and all the other members for that.

I have always said (at least since I proclaimed my agnosticism (sp?) / atheism...thanks for clarifying link on the left by the way) that...

A)  The world must be rid of organized religion.

If you want to have faith and believe in things that very well may not exist, fine.  Just don't waste my time and money and don't butt in where you don't belong.  Basically I think churches should be done away with and you should pray in your home if you feel the need.  We only have to look to the Middle East to see why this is imperative for our survival.

B)  This country and the world must rid it's dependancy on oil, and we must protect this planet's resources and environment so that future generations can enjoy it in all it's "glory."  Enough said...go rent or buy "An Inconvienient Truth" if you haven't seen it yet.  I was never a Gore fan...but he opened my eyes even wider on this terrible problem we humans have on our hands (by the way, I'm also a former Republican turned Libertarian).

C)  The war on drugs must shift it's focus to the war on harmful drugs and we must decriminlize certain less harmful drugs to save our children from experimenting with deadly concoctions of Rx and OTC drugs and booze.  Too many of our resources are being squandered away on pot charges when Meth is running rampant and a very deadly threat to our youth.

These 3 things must be done to save this planet I believe.  As a side note, we must also change the legal system in Amercica as the sue happy / settlement happy system in place is a travesty and an outrage on humanity as well.

Thank you for your time. 

Oh...I'd like to make one suggestion with this site.  As a former Catholic turned agnostic (who is apparently also an atheist due to the explanation to the left), I'd like to suggest that current and future members shy away from demonic or childish tag pictures.  My mother is EXTREMELY religious and it would break her heart if I said I was an atheist, as for a lot of these brainwashed church goers, the term connotes not only a disbelief in God, but a belief in the Devil and is basically a very negative word.  We know this to be untrue, but if people come on this site like Ms. Ingraham, it doesn't further our point to have demons and immature pictures / sayings etc.  

I know it's only my first post, but I think that if we want this thing to really get off the ground, we have to be professional and mature in all aspects of our lives. 

 Thank you for you time.

***My only commandment is to DO THE RIGHT THING."***


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Here is the download to my

Here is the download to my appearance on the Laura Ingraham show. 

 

Two other noteworthy stories:

Here is a 4 minute segment on the Penn Jilette show in which he talks about the Blasphemy Challenge and the Rational Response Squad.  He basically recorded a commercial for us.

Christian Science Monitor did a story on the Blasphemy Challenge within a bigger story: http://www.csmonitor.com:80/2007/0104/p13s01-lire.html

The portion she wrote about me was accurate.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2642
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
She is so misinformed. I'm

She is so misinformed. I'm wondering if she was one or more of the ridiculous myspace messages that has been sent.

The personal attacks would get her happy ass banned on any number of sites.

No wonder her head hurts.

 I predict that she called her priest right after the show to talk to him about faith.

Was that all of the show? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: American

Brian37 wrote:
American Atheist wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
American Atheist wrote:

Sapient wrote:
...or criticize it.

 

Oh, I will. Laughing out loud

HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A CONSERVITIVE!

You should know that you are intitled to their opinion because only Jesus is allowed to tell us how to be Americans. Now be a good little house token and sit at the back of the bus. Thats what a good minority does.

DISSENT IS NOT ALLOWED, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

I can criticize anything I want. Can't stop me. :-P

GODDAMN CONSTITUTION!

WE SHOULD SHRED THAT THING TO AVOID HURT FEELINGS SO FUNDIES CAN DICTATE WHAT IT MEANS TO BE AN AMERICAN.

OH WAIT, WE NEED TO SHRED THE CONSTITUTION SO THAT WE CAN DEMAND THAT PEOPLE BY FORCE OF GOVERMENT LIKE US!

YOU FUCKING FREEDOM LOVER YOU ASSHOLE! 

 

Whoa, take a chill pill! Laughing out loud


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Brian, You did a great

Hey, Brian,

You did a great job on the interview, considering the hostile environment. Very calm, collected and confident. Great job. 

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


Angelic_Atheist
Silver Member
Angelic_Atheist's picture
Posts: 264
Joined: 2006-04-06
User is offlineOffline
Sapient, would you

Sapient, would you interview with her again if asked??

 

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Darth, that was the whole

Darth, that was the whole interview, not the whole show.  I followed Peggy Noonan and Christoper Hitchins.

Angelic_Atheist wrote:

Sapient, would you interview with her again if asked??

Yes.  We got 1,000 guests on the site within 30 minutes of the show, no less than 10 plugs for the site, I have a record day for email and video response, and we set a record tonight for site traffic of over 72 registered users.  It was great publicity.  I think the show I'd reject would be Rush Limbaugh, I'd actually do O'Reilly.

 

 

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.